Sign in to follow this  
Goha

New pve claim system

I just read this: 

If pve will share elements of the same as pvp claim system, that probably means that island owner can come and destroy everything that I build at any time. If this is true, it means Most of the ppl will still build on lawless zones just to protect theit assets and not be dependent on someone's bad mood. 

Be independent is most important part of pve. Having base is the core part of pve arc and atlas. Forcing us to become dependant from someone is really bad idea and killing the idea of pve and ingame fredom. 

I WANT FREDOM! SAY NO TO SLAVERY IN ATLAS! Developers, dont force us to be under someone's will. Free land to everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let make simple calcualtaion.

Game world consist of 15х15 grid cells. 225 regions. Each region now have 3 islands (average). It going to have 4 islands per region after march 20th.,

4*225=900 islands.

To claim whole island you now need.... 100 ppl? 10ppl? no, just ONE PERSON. So, to claim ALL ISLANDS in ATLAS world we only need 900 ppl.

Lets imagine (only theoretically), that there are group of ppl, everyone don't like them, and they don't like everyone in respond. And those ppl will decide to fuck up our game. These ppl .... there are A LOT OF THEM, much more then just 1000. And all they need to do is to come altogether and CLAIM ALL ISLANDS. Out of my personal experience, those ppl are very well orginized and they will come alltogether, well prepared, and will be helping each other. So After first hour of game play after match 1st,

ALL ISLAND WILL BE CLAIMED BY ONE GROUP OF PPL.

those ppl will not be officially in one ingame "compay" nor in one "aliance". They are together in real life. That is more than enough.,

AND THEY WILL HAVE RIGHT TO DEMOLISH ANY BUILDING ON THEIR ISLANDS.

Do you think you will have a spot to build your very own base after that?

Edited by Goha

The Guild of one person can only brand a single rock, for a public toilet. The big Guild will be able to brand the big island. At the same time can allow your friends to build on your island. And not friends let sail past!

Is not this the idea of the developers? It will not be necessary to cover the entire territory with pillars and foundations, the owner of the land is enough to make a warning.

ot-q.png

Edited by Daigari
paste picture

And you will pay him, call him "Master",  bow to him, and L... his A...  because otherwice hi will kick you out and destroy your base.

Ability to destroy your base or anyhting on the island is really, really bad idea. It gives overpowered tool to the hands of  random person.

Edited by Goha
  • Like 1

Lawless is better than the 1 flag equals a whole island claim for PvE. It will be no different from the current flag system. My only hope is that even the 250 count companies can not keep up with the upkeep of the highest point islands without a large variety of tenants.  

TL:DR - Be a good overlord + have server admin oversight = Have Minions = Profit + Fun

If the above mentioned 900 players = 900 overlords comes to pass, the only way it would work that i can think of is if they have actual in game admins that track what the overlords are doing.

In a perfect world you could settle on an island as a non overlord after reading some sort of in game billboard that explains what said overlord will allow on his island and have fun. As long as you follow his, or her,  "rules" for building, rules that would be vetted by the in game admins, and the overlord isn't a jerk, 900 possible overlords should present enough options to find some island that meets your pve needs.

For instance, if i was an overlord my rules would be simple. Design actual buildings that look like buildings. No open foundations, pillar spamming, or unfinished rambling one story buildings that look like they came out of the back end of a cow.  An island with big castle looking buildings would be a sight to behold. I would even help my minions, i mean settlers, to design a building if they don't know how.

When you get down to it, the way Atlas works currently, you only need space for a warehouse-stable, somewhere to plant crops, and a place for the shipyards to attach on land.  Some space would be needed to store your built ships of course so it would be in the rules that a single person cant have 500 galleons all around the island blocking everyone in. If they tried to spam ships for no reason they would get razed by my mighty delete key of doom.

If no one liked my rules there would still be 899 more overlords to choose from that might like cow pie looking buildings, so you could build there instead. Again, an overlord that has no settler-minions would be bounced out by the in game admins for having stupid rules they only put in place so no one would ever accept them.

That's in a perfect world though. In an imperfect world it might still work if the admins enforced policies with a heavy yet not too heavy hand. It would just take time to weed out the bad overlords. At some point everyone would be a good overlord that didn't screw everyone else over. 2  years perhaps?

Edited by Leenaya

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

It is only for a short period of time for you morons blocking resources or spamming pillars they get to delete your trash.

Maybe call it the dont be a dick patch.

I second this unofficial patch name.

Do people even read all the notes? Or just see certain keywords and get triggered by everything these days ?

As somebody already mentioned before, there is a timer (that is all there is to it), from when you place a structure down that the island owner can come and demolish it. (Seeing this is PVE, it will probably more then 24hrs (unlike the 12hrs on PVP). Eg: You place a foundation down and the island owner has X amount of time to come demolish it or its there forever.

Edited by uaf

16 hours ago, Goha said:

Lets imagine (only theoretically), that there are group of ppl, everyone don't like them, and they don't like everyone in respond. And those ppl will decide to fuck up our game. These ppl .... there are A LOT OF THEM, much more then just 1000. And all they need to do is to come altogether and CLAIM ALL ISLANDS. Out of my personal experience, those ppl are very well orginized and they will come alltogether, well prepared, and will be helping each other. So After first hour of game play after match 1st,

ALL ISLAND WILL BE CLAIMED BY ONE GROUP OF PPL.

Good thing there's upkeep on the claims so this won't happen.  Looks like you're panicking over nothing.

6 hours ago, uaf said:

Do people even read all the notes? Or just see certain keywords and get triggered by everything these days ?

As somebody already mentioned before, there is a timer (that is all there is to it), from when you place a structure down that the island owner can come and demolish it. (Seeing this is PVE, it will probably more then 24hrs (unlike the 12hrs on PVP). Eg: You place a foundation down and the island owner has X amount of time to come demolish it or its there forever.

Please read patch note carefuly:  yes, there are timeout. Before it exipred, landlord can demolish it with one click. After timeout expired, landlord will have to demolish it manually, every block. Very, very hard work for someone, who can just want to extent his bad mood.

Is that true that lawless zones will be removed from game?

Edited by Goha
  • Confused 1

Lawless Servers

• Will continue to operate like normal, no islands on these servers can be claimed.
  • Reduced structure placement rules
  • Damage decay added over time on all structure

33 minutes ago, Goha said:

Please read patch note carefuly:  yes, there are timeout. Before it exipred, landlord can demolish it with one click. After timeout expired, landlord will have to demolish it manually, every block. Very, very hard work for someone, who can just want to extent his bad mood.

Oh my god, how hard is it to read simple English! So many of you have failed again and again to read the Captain's Log and listen to what people are telling you.

In PvE settlement owners ONLY have the 12+hr window to demolish structures, after that they CANNOT remove people's structures. READ IT....

Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

Ok let me explain this, I will do it as simple as I can so you can finally understand it.

The first part is about PvP, it says within 12 hours the settlement owner can DEMOLISH structures via the pinwheel. After the 12hr period they can only DESTROY the structures using weapons.

The second part is about PvE, it says they may extend the 12hr period because settlement owners will NOT have the option to DESTROY them via the use of weapons. The whole reason they will be extending the 12hr window is because settlement owners have no other ability to destroy structures AFTER the 12hr window.

Please note here I capitalised the words DEMOLISH and DESTROY. Demolish = pinwheel, Destroy = weapons.

So can we finally accept that settlement owners in PvE WILL NOT be able to demolish or destroy structures after the 12+hr window.

The Devs are not stupid enough to allow settlement owners to demolish anyone's structures at any time forever.

Can we finally underrstand this and move on from it?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DilBert said:

Lawless Servers

• Will continue to operate like normal, no islands on these servers can be claimed.
  • Reduced structure placement rules
  • Damage decay added over time on all structure

Would you, please, also explain 2 and 3rd?

are they going to further decrease decay timer? Below 4 days?

Damage decay added? Is that decay from first second after placement? Or after decay timer expire?is that related to special structure that they mentioned and u can stop decaying by adding resources to that special structure?

Would it be possible to continue living in lawless same way as before? Much better than paying taxes and having some sort of bosses on u .  Im really tired of bosses in rl.

Also, if you are so good in uderstanding them, would you , pleaese, create alternative thread about patches and evrey time they publish patch notes translate and explain them?

Would really appreaciate it. 

Edited by Goha

39 minutes ago, Goha said:

Would you, please, also explain 2 and 3rd?

are they going to further decrease decay timer? Below 4 days?

Damage decay added? Is that decay from first second after placement? Or after decay timer expire?is that related to special structure that they mentioned and u can stop decaying by adding resources to that special structure?

Would it be possible to continue living in lawless same way as before? Much better than paying taxes and having some sort of bosses on u .  Im really tired of bosses in rl.

Also, if you are so good in uderstanding them, would you , pleaese, create alternative thread about patches and evrey time they publish patch notes translate and explain them?

Would really appreaciate it. 

You have a better shot by asking this to Jat on discord.