nosscar

Can't claim, can't play

Can't claim, can't play
I spent my first full day in atlas yesterday, built a raft, got supplies, set sail.
I must have spent over 10 hrs checking dozens of islands, and there all full of flags, as you need to claim land before building, then I can't play any further.
Apparently large tribes or players are claiming whole islands with multiple flags, this system needs fixing, I am on EU pve server, and its full already.
If your in the same boat (pun intendéd) then post here so devs will see the problem.
  • Like 3

It's not even large tribes.  I've found entire zones claimed by one dude.  The way the system works, whoever got there first could spam an unlimited number of claims and make it a royal pain in the ass for anyone coming after even if they uninstalled the game and never looked back right after claiming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nosscar said:
Can't claim, can't play
I spent my first full day in atlas yesterday, built a raft, got supplies, set sail.
I must have spent over 10 hrs checking dozens of islands, and there all full of flags, as you need to claim land before building, then I can't play any further.
Apparently large tribes or players are claiming whole islands with multiple flags, this system needs fixing, I am on EU pve server, and its full already.
If your in the same boat (pun intendéd) then post here so devs will see the problem.

I think the devs are aware of this problem. but i think they are solving some issues that have a higher priority right now.

Such as respawn bugs and server bugs.

I always played on private servers in Ark to avoid certain types players, many land grabbers ect, but not an option with Atlas, as whole point is to build a ship and explore, most private servers will have only 1 or 2 grids, and why do players need loads of space to build ships.

Edited by nosscar
  • Like 1

Lots an lots of people are in the same boat me included i spent 7 hours sailing looking for a place too start building an too this very second the only thing i have done in this game was make a raft an early game harvesting an i agree Warhealer their is other things that need fixing but lmao This one certainly needs fixing its legit putting a halt on all progression in the game an i was having a ton of fun before this part cause sailing nonstop too find each an every isle claimed is not fun at all in the slightest lmao an allot of these guys are legit solo people who just simply claimed an entire isle too them selfs An the halt on progression is even more sour when you consider there is many people who have claimed entire lands an are constantly advancing while you cannot do a single thing at all lmao other then a raft you could build in a lawless zone too get the first ship or building down but the drawbacks of building in that zone is lame talking the cant spawn in beds an what not like legit right now i have no idea on what i even should do cause i visited tons an tons of isles an with nothing claimable is my future in this game Raft simulator? cause it certainly appears too be that way

• Like 1

It would be a good thing if a company could only claim 1 island on the entire map. Making it so people actually need to trade stuff with people that are on islands with different resources. But if they want to do that they should think about resources spread out fairly. Not that 1 island has way more handy resources than the other. If I want to make a bed and 1 island only has wood and the other has wood and fiber... 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ive spent the past almost 10 hours sailing from k12 to e5. Ive used the Interactive map to guide my way so that I can reach the most islands. Im currently sitting at 174/1717 atlas discoveries (Most are just jumping from raft to shore the for find) and EVERY SINGLE ISLAND that Ive come across has been claimed. One island was claimed by A SINGLE PLAYER. I counted 37 flags before I stopped counting and went back to my raft. I have 30 hours played already, and im still on a fucking raft. This needs to be changed ASAP or the game will die.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was comming to put this into a post as well same issue it isnt ark guys stop using  claims like piller spam this is a  HUGE problem atm stuck on a raft as well.:classic_mellow:

• Like 1

Ce fut le même problème sur Archéage, les terrains à bâtir n'était pas assez nombreux, cela a fait fuir  les joueurs

Edited by Drakkos

Just a Idea, also very importent for PvE Server

Maybe is better to limit land claim:  2 flags WITH a repair timer - flag 1 is a private flag,  flag 2 is a company flag - a player must spend the company flag in order to use company land.

A flag repair timer? When a player after X days don't login, the flag (land claim) will disapear, very importent for PvE Server!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drakkos said:

Ce fut le même problème sur Archéage, les terrains à bâtir n'était pas assez nombreux, cela a fait fuir  les joueurs

english please (anglais s'il vous plaît) 

i like to translate this for you : It was the same problem on Archeage, the building plots were not numerous enough, it made the players flee
(by the way, greetings from germany - Au fait, salutations de la part de l'Allemagne.) :

You are right but its not the "same" problem. (Vous avez raison, mais ce n'est pas le "même" problème.)

Joyeuses Fêtes

• Like 1

I think for a game this big in scope and size there need to be slower progression firstly and also flag claiming should be limited to one per day to give a little more of a chance for everyone to claim land. 

That said I am happy with the game as it is, they can keep it like this if they just do regular wipes and give us another chance to claim land. 

I here people saying 'this game is for large groups not solo', whilst I agree I think solo and small groups should be able to have a chance to hold land. Sure eventually abig company can invade them or whatever, but right now its just too few people who have land compared to the player base.

What i miss in Atlas its Neutral Player City´s.  So anyone can come up for trading,  or buy a Ship, or buy the rights on the dockyard for craft one. or or or.

I think a lot of player ahead Beginners would wish to find a friendly Player city or something where other Players offer a Ship for Trading or Work for that.

And the best thing for trading would be, its gives Ressources ingame thats only spawns 2-3 in the East, 1-2 in the North East, 2-3 in the North... etc..

But only when companys have a small amount of claims.

This Things will promotes real Piratery, real trading, real companys there will be like a Security Marine, and and and 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, teknotel said:

I think for a game this big in scope and size there need to be slower progression firstly and also flag claiming should be limited to one per day to give a little more of a chance for everyone to claim land. 

That said I am happy with the game as it is, they can keep it like this if they just do regular wipes and give us another chance to claim land. 

I here people saying 'this game is for large groups not solo', whilst I agree I think solo and small groups should be able to have a chance to hold land. Sure eventually abig company can invade them or whatever, but right now its just too few people who have land compared to the player base.

Nope. This is a PvP game where destroying the other players things are what it's all about. If it takes a long time to build up then nobody is going to waste the time to build up just to lose it all. If anything it should be quickened to allow fast building and therefore fast battles where losing a ship or entire castle isn't that huge of a deal. Unless you hate yourself that is 😛

On topic though the land grab is a terrible mechanic and just goes to show how the modders that made this didn't think anything through.

Edited by ZeroSkills
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Bosch said:

What i miss in Atlas its Neutral Player City´s.  So anyone can come up for trading,  or buy a Ship, or buy the rights on the dockyard for craft one. or or or.

I think a lot of player ahead Beginners would wish to find a friendly Player city or something where other Players offer a Ship for Trading or Work for that.

You are talking about the Freeports 😉

Wherever land is claimed, you can put your flag and just claim the claimed land which will lead to a completely different problem

Just 1 flag per person.. maybe a 2nd when reaching lvl 100.. but having unlimited flags is a pain

1 minute ago, Surviving Wag said:

You are talking about the Freeports 😉

Wherever land is claimed, you can put your flag and just claim the claimed land which will lead to a completely different problem

Just 1 flag per person.. maybe a 2nd when reaching lvl 100.. but having unlimited flags is a pain

i didnt talk a about freeports,  Freeports u cant have a Dockyard, its only lvl 8 etc, no pvp etc.  its have a lot of restrictions.   I talk about real player citys and real piratery, trading etc

6 hours ago, nosscar said:
Can't claim, can't play

glad to see im not the only one 

should be a max pr player and company

• Like 1

23 hours ago, warhealer said:

I think the devs are aware of this problem. but i think they are solving some issues that have a higher priority right now.

Such as respawn bugs and server bugs.

This should be highest priority, because people will be quitting,.

A fresh level 8 who is forced out of the starter area has nothing to do , even the bigger companies will get salty in a few more days with the incoming "asian danger".

46 minutes ago, nosscar said:

In this video the streamer admits to claiming whole island and placing loads of flags.

Sorry linked wrong video, should have been this one 

Simple fix:
Requires a Company to plant flag, and each company can only plant 1 flag in the whole game, which btw, should be costly in time to demolish.

I'm agree with that, yesterday I spent almost 12 hours on the raft and how its look:

Reach lvl 6, buy first raft, swim, swim, swim - die - u didnt get water

Reach lvl 8, buy second raft, swim, swim, swim - die - u didnt get vit D

and that was frustrating but really good experience - point for Atlas

but then buy 3rd raft, gather resources, prepare to survive, put a bed on the raft(yes, I didnt made it before ^^) and swim for 12 hour

This feeling when you see your first island - best feeling ever and from now on is disaster - every island is already taken, someone who was first claim land and didnt care about that going to another island and claim it, and another, and another - land without man, without buildings(maybe one shipyard) and its standing. Please make sth with that. Maybe some option that after you claim some you can have only one flag and you cant put another for some amount of time(for example 1-2 week) or/and reach some lvl. There always can be some perk tree to lvl as governor to manage company/land. Because now is nothing to keep players in game -only one thing they can do is sitting on the raft. Survival game became race who spam faster and more amout of flags(and respawn on the boat with full health and vits is helping spammers). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marnotrawny said:

I'm agree with that, yesterday I spent almost 12 hours on the raft and how its look:

Reach lvl 6, buy first raft, swim, swim, swim - die - u didnt get water

Reach lvl 8, buy second raft, swim, swim, swim - die - u didnt get vit D

and that was frustrating but really good experience - point for Atlas

but then buy 3rd raft, gather resources, prepare to survive, put a bed on the raft(yes, I didnt made it before ^^) and swim for 12 hour

This feeling when you see your first island - best feeling ever and from now on is disaster - every island is already taken, someone who was first claim land and didnt care about that going to another island and claim it, and another, and another - land without man, without buildings(maybe one shipyard) and its standing. Please make sth with that. Maybe some option that after you claim some you can have only one flag and you cant put another for some amount of time(for example 1-2 week) or/and reach some lvl. There always can be some perk tree to lvl as governor to manage company/land. Because now is nothing to keep players in game -only one thing they can do is sitting on the raft. Survival game became race who spam faster and more amout of flags(and respawn on the boat with full health and vits is helping spammers). 

Why would you die and get another raft?  Just make a bed on your raft and forget about the vitamin. thirst/hunger mechanics.  Just die respawn and keep sailing.....  These mechanics are broken and pointless to revolve your life around, you simply need a bed and a chest to store your goods before you die