Daemon Cross

Stopping SOTD

I know we’ve all had someone who has dealt with someone kiting or luring SOTD in and destroying ships and bases, so what is everyone doing to protect themselves ?

Canons don’t work

Bases are getting destroyed 

What about pillars? Could we build them up in the sea to protect against canon fire, I mean as long as you have sea rights, you can build right. The only sad part is that you may sink someone who is innocent and just passing by.

What does everyone else think, I mean we could always warn with territory message 

The neighbour has built stone gate doors in a rectangle and put his ships in it, at least they can't get to his ships without first destroying the gates.

I've done nothing apart from build a guard tower with NPC in it but as you say the cannons don't work, so what can we do other than build structures high up into the sea?

I'm hoping the cannons get fixed before I get raided because if I do get raided that's the game over for me, I'd be done with it. I know alot of others feel the same way, they are just getting fed up of this now.

Our main base where we keep the super valuables, blueprints etc. is Just not on the Coast.  All coasts are just disposable depots we can live without.

Doesn't help your ships but at least you're not wiped out.

28 minutes ago, Pax said:

Why dont cannons work?

They don't shoot sotd when in Target enemy ships

You would think a small thing like this would be fixed in 2 minutes, I mean come on? How hard is it for professionals to change the code to allow shooting at ships only? They know people are unhappy with it yet they don't address it. All it takes is 2 minutes to come on and say we are looking into it at least.

They seem to cherry pick what THEY want to fix not what is best for the community, appalling. 

1 hour ago, MrHeid said:

They don't shoot sotd when in Target enemy ships

Have you tried setting it to all targets?  One of the recent patches changes it so they don't shoot things below the water so they shouldn't waste ammo on fish anymore.

It's possible that "enemy ships" is intended to target player ships and Ships of the Damned may just count as wild animals.  I haven't tested this yet but it's at least worth a try.

Edited by arzosah

4 minutes ago, arzosah said:

Have you tried setting it to all targets?  One of the recent patches changes it so they don't shoot things below the water so they shouldn't waste ammo on fish anymore.

It's possible that "enemy ships" is intended to target player ships and Ships of the Damned may just count as wild animals.  I haven't tested this yet but it's at least worth a try.

All targets work but your cannonballs will be gone in an hour shooting sea bass. I have tested this.

Edited by MrHeid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

The neighbour has built stone gate doors in a rectangle and put his ships in it, at least they can't get to his ships without first destroying the gates.

I've done nothing apart from build a guard tower with NPC in it but as you say the cannons don't work, so what can we do other than build structures high up into the sea?

I'm hoping the cannons get fixed before I get raided because if I do get raided that's the game over for me, I'd be done with it. I know alot of others feel the same way, they are just getting fed up of this now.

OP posted in the PvE forum; raiding isn't an issue here.

3 hours ago, Bowtie said:

OP posted in the PvE forum; raiding isn't an issue here.

You want to bet? No PVP needed to raid my friend, just ask the popular "winter is coming"