Sign in to follow this  
Gumbie

Thanks for Bugging the Claim system

With the last patch you guys pulled out of you so called bright ideals you guys bugged the claim system causing timers to not work properly causing people to lose their land, I was online pryer to patch I go to eat and come back and half my land is stolen.  Now how is this possible with me logged off and being logged on for 3 hours playing the game so now the Chinese players have used this exploit and stolen my land not including 3 other companies an you guys did nothing to the people using the exploit.  Which is bullshiz becuase I lost a building with all my cannons and metal alloy everything and you guys wonder why people are quitting its like lets give the exploiters more and more and make the legit players quit.

Maybe if more people quit playing on the official servers they would fix more of these exploits. When just exploiters are playing on them, I wonder if the exploiters would then be posting in here how they got burned by another exploiter?

I quit the officials after about 3 days, they are toxic, that is all I can say. Not into toxic personally.

• Like 1

You sure it was the game itself though? The Chinese are well known to hack and exploit to do these things.

I wouldn't trust the Chinese as far as I could throw them . I'm sure the odd few are ok but unfortunately for them the majority of Chinese aren't.  

How does this exploit work?   How can you take land if you have been active in that zone.

3 hours ago, MrHeid said:

How does this exploit work?   How can you take land if you have been active in that zone.

Maybe via flag bombing. 😞

7 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Maybe via flag bombing. 😞

Yes not quiet sure how they do it but as far as I can tell it involves placing multiple flags in succession. This allows the flag to be placed right at. cliam borders without contesting anything effective losing half your claims 

Yep, their entire flag system is broken badly unfortunately. I don´t understand what part of the code was written to explicit allow flags within the teal coloured claim circle to override ANY other limitation. The 1 person corp will always lose to the 2 man corp this way.

8 hours ago, Gumbie said:

With the last patch you guys pulled out of you so called bright ideals you guys bugged the claim system causing timers to not work properly causing people to lose their land, I was online pryer to patch I go to eat and come back and half my land is stolen.  Now how is this possible with me logged off and being logged on for 3 hours playing the game so now the Chinese players have used this exploit and stolen my land not including 3 other companies an you guys did nothing to the people using the exploit.  Which is bullshiz becuase I lost a building with all my cannons and metal alloy everything and you guys wonder why people are quitting its like lets give the exploiters more and more and make the legit players quit.

News flash:

Six weeks into a 2 year EA cycle, there will be bugs. Anyone who understands and accepts what Early Access is would not have written this post. What’s bullshit is people buying an EA game, not understanding or ignoring what that means, and then coming to the forums not to offer useful or constructive feedback, but to whinge in emotion fueled rants like this. 

Do you honestly think they bugged the system on purpose? Did you honestly think you were going to buy an EA product and sail through 2 years without having to deal with significant bugs along the way? If the answer is yes then you are being foolish. If the answer is no you’re engaged in pointless whinging. If you can’t accept the realities of EA gameplay, then come back in 2 years at launch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

News flash:

Six weeks into a 2 year EA cycle, there will be bugs. Anyone who understands and accepts what Early Access is would not have written this post. What’s bullshit is people buying an EA game, not understanding or ignoring what that means, and then coming to the forums not to offer useful or constructive feedback, but to whinge in emotion fueled rants like this. 

Do you honestly think they bugged the system on purpose? Did you honestly think you were going to buy an EA product and sail through 2 years without having to deal with significant bugs along the way? If the answer is yes then you are being foolish. If the answer is no you’re engaged in pointless whinging. If you can’t accept the realities of EA gameplay, then come back in 2 years at launch.

I think people have the right to question and challenge something so utterly important, yet so broken.

You wouldn´t like regular lost characters either.

• Like 1

Just now, Shintai said:

I think people have the right to question and challenge something so utterly important, yet so broken.

You wouldn´t like regular lost characters either.

No one would like it. I’m not saying they should. What I’m saying is the OP is demonstrating a total lack of appropriate expectations about EA, what it is and how it works. It has nothing to do with “rights” and everything to do with proper expectations. But since you wish to frame it that way, fine, I’ll play ball. In EA, no one has any “right” to expect things not to get broken. When you purchased Atlas, did you see any description of minimum threshold of development achieved, or list of game functionality areas where players could expect not to see bugs? No. You didn’t see it because it doesn’t exist.  What you did see if you looked was a big fat disclaimer that the game is still under development and will be for some time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

No one would like it. I’m not saying they should. What I’m saying is the OP is demonstrating a total lack of appropriate expectations about EA, what it is and how it works. It has nothing to do with “rights” and everything to do with proper expectations. But since you wish to frame it that way, fine, I’ll play ball. In EA, no one has any “right” to expect things not to get broken. When you purchased Atlas, did you see any description of minimum threshold of development achieved, or list of game functionality areas where players could expect not to see bugs? No. You didn’t see it because it doesn’t exist.  What you did see if you looked was a big fat disclaimer that the game is still under development and will be for some time.

We are technically not talking about bugs.

And if you want to talk about EA:

Why Early Access?

“ATLAS is one of the most ambitious online worlds of all time and while everything we have listed in the feature section will be there around Early Access launch, we are going to need the feedback, insight, and creativity of the game players to build on that foundation and balance the game optimally over a period of time.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“ATLAS is going to better balanced, and have even more content and features than the initial game driven by player feedback and whatever direction players desire to see the game evolve in.”

There is a reason why the servers will never be wiped.

Edited by Shintai

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

We are technically not talking about bugs.

Please review the Op’s thread title and post and explain to me how that is not the topic.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Please review the Op’s thread title and post and explain to me how that is not the topic.

Same bugs happens in final versions. Just look at ARK if you want examples from the same company.

The EA excuse just don't hold water.

How many didn´t lose their claims and bases because the timer was accidently reduced to 2 days? We nuked and raided at least 4 bases of larger player corps.

Edited by Shintai

3 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Same bugs happens in final versions. Just look at ARK if you want examples from the same company.

The EA excuse just don't hold water.

How many didn´t lose their claims and bases because the timer was accidently reduced to 2 days? We nuked and raided at least 4 bases of larger player corps.

This doesn’t address my question but does acknowledge that the Op was talking about bugs, invalidating your earlier assertion that it isn’t. Frankly saying “the EA excuse doesn’t hold water” doesn’t hold water. It isn’t an excuse and attempts to characterize it as such are a deliberate mischaracterization in an attempt to reframe the discussion. No one needs to make an excuse for developing their game. What is excuse making is your attempts to defend the Op’s unconstructive table flipping rant as somehow justified.

40 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This doesn’t address my question but does acknowledge that the Op was talking about bugs, invalidating your earlier assertion that it isn’t. Frankly saying “the EA excuse doesn’t hold water” doesn’t hold water. It isn’t an excuse and attempts to characterize it as such are a deliberate mischaracterization in an attempt to reframe the discussion. No one needs to make an excuse for developing their game. What is excuse making is your attempts to defend the Op’s unconstructive table flipping rant as somehow justified.

Are you saying bugs only happen in EA? Your exact excuse was it was EA. And we all know the history with ARK.

Just now, Shintai said:

Are you saying bugs only happen in EA? Your exact excuse was it was EA. And we all know the history with ARK.

No. My exact explanation was it's EA. Stop continuing to attempt to frame everything I say as an excuse. Excuses are not valid reasons. Bugs in an Early Access game are neither unexpected nor invalid, thus describing it as an excuse is a mischaracterization. Also stop strawmanning me by implying I'm making arguments I'm not making. No one is suggesting bugs only happen in EA and nothing in my statement implies such. I have 4k hours in Ark, I'm well aware of it's history.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

No. My exact explanation was it's EA. Stop continuing to attempt to frame everything I say as an excuse. Excuses are not valid reasons. Bugs in an Early Access game are neither unexpected nor invalid, thus describing it as an excuse is a mischaracterization. Also stop strawmanning me by implying I'm making arguments I'm not making. No one is suggesting bugs only happen in EA and nothing in my statement implies such. I have 4k hours in Ark, I'm well aware of it's history.

So you accept the OPs issue. Thanks.

I already give very positive review on steam for balancing game and so on. This is early access  and I will give any feedback to make game polished instead complaining. I hope more players will understand and help to developers to make a game we want. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:31 AM, uli said:

Yes not quiet sure how they do it but as far as I can tell it involves placing multiple flags in succession. This allows the flag to be placed right at. cliam borders without contesting anything effective losing half your claims 

This is what just happened with me recently right when a patch hit to fix timers I believe. Not sure exactly, I was at work  at the time but saw the Company log. I lost every flag almost at once. Now it says I cant reclaim or claim new land for 21 days? My company had quit and left me everything, now I'm on my own with nothing. What do I do?

Edited by Eve BlackVeil

32 minutes ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

What do I do?

The hokey pokey. Obviously.

That is what it’s all about.

Just remember to turn yourself around.

Also GrapeCard being GrapeCard while you can currently put your right foot in, taking your right foot out causes the rest of your body to despawn. Putting your left foot in is glitched and sometimes puts all tames on attack my target. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES take your left foot out. There have been reports it demolishes all company owned structures within render range.

Shaking it all about is expected to be in an upcoming patch. Wildshot is saying March so I’m sure we’ll have it by 4th of July.

probably.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, Shintai said:

A bug as fundamentally terrible as this means the Claim system is meaningless.  As such, what incentive is there to play when the only way to guarantee you can build and KEEP what you build is to cling to a tiny spot on Lawless?  The Lawless islands are just a glorified slum - abandoned ships and rafts everywhere that mysteriously take less damage per day than my own ship which needs repairing daily, pillars and foundations strewn everywhere (often by just one person) tying up huge chunks of land to prevent anyone building anything, resources walled off, coastal areas swamped by Shipyards and yet more pillars... the list goes on.   How are people supposed to test a game for the Devs when there is no incentive and indeed no opportunity to build anything worthwhile in order to actually test the game?

At this time, the game is a pointless chore to play.  The only way I can see to play the way I wish to - exploring, Gathering and trading - is to build a solo Schooner as a mobile base, but trying to claw the resources together on the little patch of land I have, when everyone else is also gathering the same stuff as I am, is making it unfeasible.  If I did pull off a miracle and get the resources, chances are some bright spark would find a new exploit to sink the ship as soon as I built it, even on PvE.

Edited by Coggage

I get the flag system but yet the night that the 20 day patch hit the system was glitched which let people steal claims  due to the fact that it zeroed the flags timers and a ton of people got slapped in the face by this I lost a home with 60 normal cannons and 12 large because of this which to go on are galleon have no problem with things happening during this time but they should have rolled the system back right before the patch and made sure people didn't lose their land and stuff