Mephos

So, what do you do in PvE to keep you entertaint?

We have build a nice huge base out of stone, build all kinds of ships, explored around 100 islands (getting boring after some time), fought SOTD and tamed all creatures once. We did the FOY thingy, killed some cyclops on the powerstone islands and did treasure hunting etc.

So, that´s it, right? What else is there to do then kraken and further exploration?

breeding is broken, won´t even atempt that and there are not really any challenging pve npcs to fight, nothing to rob or plunder, no npc cities to burn down.. basically shooting at every SOTD we see just to fire our cannons once in a while and feel like pirates. 

and no.. can´t play pvp cause I hate the pvp offline grief more than anything else in my life. 

Become millionaires trading mounts and resources. Then find a secluded ocean location dive to the bottom and place a chest. Put all your gold in it and leave it unlocked. Make a riddle to where it is. Be satisfied you have added content for others.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sotd hunting 

Getting some nice bps and gold and higher lvl ai crew keeps me entertained 

It amazes me the amount of ships in pve that dont have guns yet so many players complain about them , 

Edited by uli

2 hours ago, Indywoodtiger said:

I just spend endless hours reacquiring what I've lost. 

what do people do that never lose stuff?

1 hour ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

Become millionaires trading mounts and resources. Then find a secluded ocean location dive to the bottom and place a chest. Put all your gold in it and leave it unlocked. Make a riddle to where it is. Be satisfied you have added content for others.

that actually sounds like a fucking plan. I just create the next one piece basically hahaha ^^ .. to bad you have to claim land to build stuff. people will notice it relatively easy xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mephos said:

We have build a nice huge base out of stone, build all kinds of ships, explored around 100 islands (getting boring after some time), fought SOTD and tamed all creatures once. We did the FOY thingy, killed some cyclops on the powerstone islands and did treasure hunting etc.

So, that´s it, right? What else is there to do then kraken and further exploration?

breeding is broken, won´t even atempt that and there are not really any challenging pve npcs to fight, nothing to rob or plunder, no npc cities to burn down.. basically shooting at every SOTD we see just to fire our cannons once in a while and feel like pirates. 

and no.. can´t play pvp cause I hate the pvp offline grief more than anything else in my life. 

Go to PvP. You will find a lot thing that to do 🙂

23 hours ago, Mephos said:

So breeding isn't exactly broken it just requires you no life the hell out of it on official.  Grab a tundra base, use some grills and you can breed bears easily(or anything else that needs to be tamed).  Use the cold outside to regulate how much heat from grills you apply inside.  

You need 2 things, a breeding area with grills to regulate the temp of the creatures breeding, and a incubation area with grills to regulate the temp of the baby(can be done in 1 area if you don't mind moving things around a bit).  

As for what we do as a company, it varies from day to day what peoples moods are.  Depending on the day I'll have between 2 people(myself and 1 other) and up to 10-20 people doing things.  The most exciting thing next to the hydra battle/powerstone run we did was mass treasure hunting with about 30 people all running across islands(this is with alliance members).  Most of the time it is SotD hunting, hunting rare resources for blueprints, creature taming, and building.

As for what I prefer to do.  I like taming, the method in the game is interactive but I've definitely found a way that breaks the "intended" method.  There needs to be some adjustments to it though, each creature should have a somewhat different method to tame.   I also tend to favor hunting down alphas and ruining their day, easiest method to do this is 2-3 high level high hp bears on follow of your main mount.  The only alpha so far to kill me and my tame has been an alpha lion(pulls you from mount and ruins your day quickly).  Best thing to hunt for filling troughs with meat is gonna be the alpha sheep, thousands upon thousands of hide and meat per,(don't harvest in the field carry it's corpse back to your base).  When I'm either bored or can't find a good alpha to hunt or a good (high level) bear to tame, I like travelling and interacting with people and making trade networks.  So far we've found quite a few people who want to trade tamed animals and resources in the different climates(tropics south of our main has really nice elephants and sugars, and super friendly people).

All in all, if your bored it's because you are looking for the game to provide you with something to do.  This is a open world game and they are so early in that there is very limited content.  If you want something to do, you are going to have to figure out what you want and then just do it. 

• Like 1

it would be AWESOME if the devs re-skinned some sotd to be NPC TRADE ships to plunder.......

I liked the idea of NPC forts / cities to raid as well!

• Like 1

Run laps around our territory to make sure no one steals it... we have to stay creative to keep it fun, like change directions to counter clockwise or do figure eights

Non stop searching for land and or being screwed over trying?

Dunno thus far thing's have been less then fun. 

Edited by Taiine

I am singlehandedly building a galleon.

I have singlehandedly built a galleon.

Edited by Skyroguen
  • Like 1