Sign in to follow this  
Implicitlee

Hey Devs How about communicating with your customers

4 minutes ago, Herasea said:

All you have to do it click the bird at the top of the page and your on the official twitter, that would take less than a second for you to do than writing a thread about it

In communicating professionally to the public, the rule of thumb is don’t make people come to you, go to them. Sure it doesn’t take much to go to twitter, but you can flip that argument on its head by saying it doesn’t take much to post to their official website either, and when you take your official game servers down unscheduled, the responsibility lies with you to communicate as broadly as possible to your playerbase about it, not with the players to seek out your sole preferred platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

In communicating professionally to the public, the rule of thumb is don’t make people come to you, go to them. Sure it doesn’t take much to go to twitter, but you can flip that argument on its head by saying it doesn’t take much to post to their official website either, and when you take your official game servers down unscheduled, the responsibility lies with you to communicate as broadly as possible to your playerbase about it, not with the players to seek out your sole preferred platform.

While I agree you said it yourself. Grapeshot leaves plenty to be desired in the name of communication and professionalism. The fact there was an announcement at all so soon is dare i say commendable?

You don't even have to sign up on twitter to read a post!   People get over yourselves.

• Sad 1

Just now, Nari said:

While I agree you said it yourself. Grapeshot leaves plenty to be desired in the name of communication and professionalism. The fact there was an announcement at all so soon is dare i say commendable?

So we should applaud them for setting the bar low and keeping it there?

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

So we should applaud them for setting the bar low and keeping it there?

No we should give them a gold star sticker for making an attempt

1 minute ago, Gfnjr said:

You don't even have to sign up on twitter to read a post!   People get over yourselves.

You don’t even have to write a separate announcement for the forums. Your official forums by the way. Just copy paste your twitter announcement to the forums instead of expecting people to go to twitter. The inherent flaw in your point is that people who use the forums but are unaware of this dev team’s tendency to only communicate via twitter at times may not know they need to go look at twitter and that responsibility doesn’t lie with them to begin with, it lies with the developers to communicate as broadly as possible as quickly as possible to the players.

Get over your own self. Telling people to get over it doesn’t change a long-standing pattern of lackluster communication.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You don’t even have to write a separate announcement for the forums. Your official forums by the way. Just copy paste your twitter announcement to the forums instead of expecting people to go to twitter. The inherent flaw in your point is that people who use the forums but are unaware of this dev team’s tendency to only communicate via twitter at times may not know they need to go look at twitter and that responsibility doesn’t lie with them to begin with, it lies with the developers to communicate as broadly as possible as quickly as possible to the players.

Get over your own self. Telling people to get over it doesn’t change a long-standing pattern of lackluster communication.

I got news for you....they are WAAAAAAY better than they were on ARK!  So it's at very least an improvement.

Took me 5 seconds to type "playatlas twitter"  ....found what I was looking for.  Yeah so hard

Those 5 seconds are basically the same time it would have took me to click on official forums bruh!

Just so everyone knows  TWITTER is where you find the announcements! 

Edited by Gfnjr
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gfnjr said:

I got news for you....they are WAAAAAAY better than they were on ARK!  So it's at very least an improvement.

Took me 5 seconds to type "playatlas twitter"  ....found what I was looking for.  Yeah so hard

I got news for you, the fiasco of their communication leading up to launch says otherwise. Also you just completely missed my point. It wasn’t hard to find twitter, but I never suggested it was. Rather I suggested two things:

1. You need to first know to go to twitter. Not everyone who uses these forums is aware of the devs tendency to only post to twitter.  

2. Regardless of the ease of searching for twitter, the counterpoint is that it is no more difficult for them to also post the announcement here, and the responsibility to communicate in this instance lies at their end, not the players.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I got news for you, the fiasco of their communication leading up to launch says otherwise. Also you just completely missed my point. It wasn’t hard to find twitter, but I never suggested it was. Rather I suggested two things:

1. You need to first know to go to twitter. Not everyone who uses these forums is aware of the devs tendency to only post to twitter.  

2. Regardless of the ease of searching for twitter, the counterpoint is that it is no more difficult for them to also post the announcement here, and the responsibility to communicate in this instance lies at their end, not the players.

Look I really do get your point.  At end of the day the communication is not the best.   Once again to help people you really want to check on twitter.

30 minutes ago, Nari said:

No we should give them a gold star sticker for making an attempt

Forgive me for not being in the habit of giving out participation trophies for companies I do business with.  A student I am instructing will get such encouragement. I have higher expectations for putatively professional organizations, though perhaps given their track record, with this bunch it becomes a bar too high.

ugh. I know you are only joking. I am being cranky before coffee. Posting pre coffee often is a bad idea.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

This is going to blow your mindHW9qCUN.jpg

You don't even have to google it. It's right there bud.

To get this straight. When something is wrong with Atlas, i have to go to this forum, then check twitter, then check facebook, then check their myspace, then check their Instagram, then check redit, then check twitch, then check discord, and maybeeeee i can get informations? That blows my mind!

• Confused 1

Regardless if it's wrong,  this is how they do it.   Go to twitter! Now you know

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charles U Farley said:

You forgot bug reports and suggestions. Without response of the devs these are useless topics, don´t you think? But your response already shows you are not to keen with communication.

So maybe myspace would be cool too?

act like a child, get treated like a child. as i said they need to grow up. how you take my post is up to you. as the last poster said, twitter is their chosen form of communication, if the OP doesnt like it, what is the point in complaining. We have clearly seen complaining to the devs does nothing 😉 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Forgive me for not being in the habit of giving out participation trophies for companies I do business with.  A student I am instructing will get such encouragement. I have higher expectations for putatively professional organizations, though perhaps given their track record, with this bunch it becomes a bar too high.

ugh. I know you are only joking. I am being cranky before coffee. Posting pre coffee often is a bad idea.

If I had a dime for every time I've made an ass of myself pre-coffee... :classic_cool:☕👍

• Haha 1

I agree it should be posted on the official site. This is where the average person is going to land when they’re having issues or look info for information. I buy a game, I play a game. If I have problems with the game I google it. Like most people I don’t follow everything about the game nor do I care to so if I were looking for information I needed I would probably go to their official site. 

• Like 1

I just find it amusing that half the idiots that responded to this post failed to get my ACTUAL point, I refuse to use Social media because it is full of TROLLS, and they proved it with their responses. This is their OFFICIAL WEBSITE, before they set up Twitter, Facebook, Grinder  accounts, they created this Website, THIS should be their first port of call "see what I did there, used a seafaring pun".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I just find it amusing that half the idiots that responded to this post failed to get my ACTUAL point, I refuse to use Social media because it is full of TROLLS, and they proved it with their responses. This is their OFFICIAL WEBSITE, before they set up Twitter, Facebook, Grinder  accounts, they created this Website, THIS should be their first port of call "see what I did there, used a seafaring pun".

You think the official atlas account is a troll? It's your decision to not use social media, but don't come in here telling they're not communicating since it's a hell of a lot better than with ARK. 

4 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

to be fair, they did announce it via their discord as well. Not that you really need to use social media, although it benefits more when all they need to do is a short text via social media from their phones while their PCs are working overtime to solve what ever issue is arising. When playing an Early Access game it's best to at least have  a minimum of 2 forms of following capability for updates and notes.

Woah you people really do only read the parts you want to read, NO I am calling you Trolls. Look let me put it in a way that you can read ok.

I (being me) DO NOT USE (have no part of) Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, Discord (social media platforms) because Idiots and Trolls ( Most of You) Don't let others ( IE: Me) have an OPINION ( one's own thought processes) unless it conforms to Yours (you) Their (Grapeshot) OFFICIAL WEBSITE (being theirs(Grapshots) NOT Twitter (cannot be an official site on Twiiter because it belongs to Twitter NOT Grapeshot) Get my point yet,

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Edited by Implicitlee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

Woah you people really do only read the parts you want to read, NO I am calling you Trolls. Look let me put it in a way that you can read ok.

I (being me) DO NOT USE (have no part of) Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, Discord (social media platforms) because Idiots and Trolls ( Most of You) Don't let others ( IE: Me) have an OPINION ( one's own thought processes) unless it conforms to Yours (you) Their (Grapeshot) OFFICIAL WEBSITE (being theirs(Grapshots) NOT Twitter (cannot be an official site on Twiiter because it belongs to Twitter NOT Grapeshot) Get my point yet,

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Well you're out of luck then!  They post on Twitter.  Guess what,  you don't have to sign up on Twitter to view their posts.  Crazy huh?  Once again I'm not saying this is right,  but that's how they do it.  Btw explain to me how "trolls" have anything to do with reading a post of theirs on Twitter? 

See that little Twitter button up top on their "official website"  page....click it.  It won't bite.

So you don't have time for that "1 mouse click?"

Edited by Gfnjr

9 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

Well you're out of luck then!  They post on Twitter.  Guess what,  you don't have to sign up on Twitter to view their posts.  Crazy huh?  Once again I'm not saying this is right,  but that's how they do it.  Btw explain to me how "trolls" have anything to do with reading a post of theirs on Twitter? 

See that little Twitter button up top on their "official website"  page....click it.  It won't bite

OMG, i´m totally upset by that amount of ignorance and complete lack of the ability to read and understand a pretty simple post. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Implicitlee said:

Because Idiots and Trolls ( Most of You) Don't let others ( IE: Me) have an OPINION ( one's own thought processes) unless it conforms to Yours (you) 

So youre trying to make a point that you don't use social media because differing opinions aren't allowed by coming to the forums and calling people idiots and trolls because they're trying to put across a different opinion to yours...

Am I still missing the point?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Charles U Farley said:

OMG, i´m totally upset by that amount of ignorance and complete lack of the ability to read and understand a pretty simple post. 

Is this simple enough "1 mouse click up top"  people make things harder than they should be LUL

16 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

Is this simple enough "1 mouse click up top"  people make things harder than they should be LUL

Ok GFNJR, i accept that you just don´t get it. No matter how hard i would try to make you understand.

btw, yeah yeah, the button with the nice little bird on it. Just klick it and "hey" i can read about updates on Atlas on twitter. It´s hard to believe you think that is the problem. rofl.

Edited by Charles U Farley
  • Confused 1