Sign in to follow this  
Implicitlee

Hey Devs How about communicating with your customers

I know it is Sunday but for crying out loud communicate with us explain why the Servers are down again on a game we all paid for. I don't use twitch, Twitter of Facebook these are your official forums so try posting here what the hell is going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dude there was a massive hack. it was an emergency killswitch they had to enact before to much was damaged. give them time. they will issue a statement when they can fix it. if they warned you it was comign down they would have to do farther roll backs. also you dont need twitter to get updates. just google play atlas twitter and its public

Dude that was 30 minutes ago it takes 1 minute to come on here and NOTYIFY PAYING CUSTOMERS, I don't expect them to notify it was coming down, but they sure as hell should explain why they took them down.

Edited by Implicitlee

Or, you could try simply opening their twitter page.... You dont have to have an account to read their posts lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

Dud e that was 30 minutes ago it takes 1 minute to come on here and NOTYIFY PAYING CUSTOMERS

question, are you stupid? you do understand how information technologies work right? do you understand in the slightest anything IT, other then how to turn on your computer? the time, the effort it takes to SHUT DOWN a server let alone 500 different clustered servers, ((while yes this is probably 4 different mega machines)) you dont just hit a power switch. the fact that they got into the office within 30 minuets of the reports, and got it shut down is amazing. give them a break at 4:30 in the flipping morning

*Cough* READ I DO NOT USE THEM, this is their OFFICIAL WEBSITE

also like stated you don thave to use them, no accoutn needed to read their public tweets

one dev did on twitter and it sounds not good

they shutted down their whole system to avoid more damage so

Mizunami are you stupid?, they tweeted it, I DO NOT USE Twitter. This is there OFFICIAL WEBSITE, it even has an ANNOUNCEMENT forum YET not announcement, please don't replay again when all you are doing is talking SHIT.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I don't use twitch, Twitter of Facebook these are your official forums

Do you want a personal phone call or what?

• Like 1

Mizunami are you stupid?, they tweeted it, I DO NOT USE Twitter. This is there OFFICIAL WEBSITE, it even has an ANNOUNCEMENT forum YET not announcement, please don't replay again when all you are doing is talking SHIT.

they also have an OFFICAL twitter, and the community manager twitter, if you aren't willign to look at them stop bitching

14 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

I know it is Sunday but for crying out loud communicate with us explain why the Servers are down again on a game we all paid for. I don't use twitch, Twitter of Facebook these are your official forums so try posting here what the hell is going on.

"ermagerd i like totally want to speak to the manager"

there, fixed that for ya

sure devs have the time to go on forums

dude did u ever worked in a tech company ?

Edited by Aztro

4 minutes ago, Reonhato said:

Do you want a personal phone call or what?

He has a good point server status is easy to put on official site.

Since they launched their Twitter has been where they have communicated server status, expected downtime, updates during unexpected downtime and so on. The forums are for pre-planned blog style announcements, not day to day operation stuff. 

The problem with communication in this case is on your end, not theirs. The information is posted, is not behind a paywall or even a free account wall.  All you have to do is click on the twitter logo at the top of this page. 

31 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_access

Doubt you will understand it but try reading it. Might explain alot to you but I doubt it. Your a alpha tester not that u probably know what that is and the game is under development not that u probably know what that is either and until its released they can if they want have the servers up 10 min a day if they want too or not at all. You probably should read what u pay for before u cry about what u paid for

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

Me too! I hate Facebook, twitter , twitch, Instagram and all the other tools to compensate inferiority complex.

THIS IS THE FORUM -> NEWS GO HERE

• Confused 1

Just lol, using the excuse of "i don't use twitter" is just pointless. that is the communication method that the devs use. If you want the info quickly Stop being spoilt children and start reading their chosen method of communication.   Its like saying "I don't use the internet! why hasn't someone hand delivered a news paper through my front door with the information i require on a situation that happened 30 seconds ago!!" Grow up and stop being annoying. the forum is for patch notes, player interaction, market place transactions/adverts as well as news and update info. expecting it to be the sole destination for your personal news update is just dumb. 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

*Cough* READ I DO NOT USE THEM, this is their OFFICIAL WEBSITE

So you’re saying you need the devs to do more because you’re lazy yourself? Nice one. 

34 minutes ago, RamboMcCoolio said:

Just lol, using the excuse of "i don't use twitter" is just pointless. that is the communication method that the devs use. If you want the info quickly Stop being spoilt children and start reading their chosen method of communication.   Its like saying "I don't use the internet! why hasn't someone hand delivered a news paper through my front door with the information i require on a situation that happened 30 seconds ago!!" Grow up and stop being annoying. the forum is for patch notes, player interaction, market place transactions/adverts as well as news and update info. expecting it to be the sole destination for your personal news update is just dumb. 

You forgot bug reports and suggestions. Without response of the devs these are useless topics, don´t you think? But your response already shows you are not to keen with communication.

So maybe myspace would be cool too?

• Confused 1

Hey FUCKWITS before all spouting off try reading the fucking topic, all I am asking for is the courtesy of notifying us on THIER OFFICAL FORUMS, I don't give a shit if they go down for 8 months or are online 10 minutes a day. I DO NOT USE SOCIA MEDIA because it is full or planks you like you that have all commented here. All I want is them to comment once again on their OFFICAL FORUMS.

Enough Said 

Community Manager please close this post down.

You guys can criticize the Op all you want, but his point is a simple one:

This is the game’s official website. If the devs want to communicate announcements only via twitter, then they should only have a twitter account. Not everyone uses all social media platforms and instead of calling the Op lazy for not wanting to go to twitter to find relevant info, I would suggest the laziness is in fact on the part of the devs for being unwilling to communicate to their playerbase across multiple platforms instead of only posting to twitter. 

Most professional organizations that care about communicating clearly with their customers make the very minimal effort to do so across platforms rather than putting announcements on a single platform and expecting people to conform to their preferences.  GrapeCard has a long history of being less than professional, candid, or timely in communicating with their players. They claimed they learned “so many lessons” from their experience with Ark, but what we learned before this game even launched was that when it came to communicating, they had in fact learned zero.

All you have to do it click the bird at the top of the page and your on the official twitter, that would take less than a second for you to do than writing a thread about it

• Like 2