Sign in to follow this  
Muffinman

SotD

Ok, we've lost our second ship, a brig, to the SotD because they are spawning at high rates. We can't keep up with these mobs. PLEASE NERF THEM ALREADY!

• Like 6

I do agree that the sotd are way too much in number.  I feel like a skier doing slalom avoiding them, and we have had it that they're so many in number that they practically circled us.  

I do get the feeling that the numbers of these ships are set WAY too high.......   make them twice has hard, and reduce their number by at least 50%.  Then we may be getting somewhere.

Swarmed by sotd during cyclones.......   not good.

• Like 1

I feel like Sotd should be something hunters have to actively search for and lower level players need to hide like hell from. as it is now you cant go more than 15 seconds without seeing 5-6 of them. I feel like they made a change recently in their AI too where they want to gravitate to cutting off my path.

• Like 3

Have they uped the spawn rate or is no one clearing them out in your sector?

I know if you clear em out usually they arent a big issue..  I did notice a bunch last few days in our server cleared a bunch out last night but dont know how it looks atm...

Edited by Gindorf
typo

We ran into this issue last night. We avoided 5 or six, then found ourselves surrounded by about 7 of them, all of which aggro'd to us! If it wasn't for my "I know this is going to hurt, but forget the cannons and just focus on repairs" call, we would have sunk fast. The only reason we made it out - server border was 5 minutes away, and I purposely aggro'd a ship that I knew had to turn about to kill me. As I sailed past him, he crashed into another and bottlenecked them for 10 seconds.

All in all, I DO agree that they are far too many in number! I also believe that they should come out ONLY at night; making them both haunting, and mysterious.

• Like 2

yeah for some reason they are more numerous and tend to be clumped like a big blob -.-  , and tbh its not worth even sinking them anymore getting mini amount of gold and maybe 1 bp worth a damn also , many have stopped hunting them so they seem to be getting more number and closer and closer to shore spawns 

• Like 1

the problem is that a lot of the hunter ships got destroyed by chinese rope ladder exploiters. now the number of sotd is raising and raising while more and more frustrated ppl are quitting. devils circle!

• Like 1

I see a lot of variability.  some grids have a bunch, some grids have none.  It really depends on if somebody is hunting them, one brig can easily knock out 5-6 in no time flat, and a galleon can just rip through them.

If you're in a brig, you might want to consider arming up and just fighting your way through, a stock brig can trivially take out SOTD up to level 10 with almost 0 risk.

However, they have got to do something to make them more worth killing.  Unless you are just starting with blueprints, they quickly become just not worth the material investment, and  you just blow past them.  The coins are... frankly a joke.  A single map can be worth 2000 coins for less effort than a SOTD.

Our island of 5 companies sailed together against the SotD as a united fleet. At the beginning of the week we put down 25-30 SotD. Each company got so little from even reds at level 30+ we gave up sinking the rest. It cost more to repair ships and pay NPC's than to sink these mobs. Now at the end of the week there are 7 SotD just outside our home bay. We have no choice but to sink them. Again...

I'm all for a challenge but to be honest, the lastest patch with stone cost has really F'd our game time. My company wants to sail out and joyfully sink more SotD on the PVE server just for the enjoyment of the sea battle. Now we have to focus on game chores. Perhaps I have this wrong and will gladly accept ideas. This game is more work less reward. We focused two weeks on tames and lost countless of level 40 bears. Finally they improve the tames making the two weeks of hell worth it. Now stone structures are a pain in the ass no longer worth the work and reward system.

It remembers me of my early days on EvE Online. I stopped playing after a week of being a corporations resource monkey. All work no reward. This game is going the way of EvE. It's going to be a massive shit show for new players. Putting a bad taste in the mouth of all players. Some will find it time consuming while others get tired of the SSDD (Same Shit Different Day).

I really hope the Devs figure out the work and reward. Right now it seems to much like Zap Branagin's tactic of wave after wave for a bottle cap medal anyone can buy off of amazon. 

Edited by Muffinman
Grammer

On 1/19/2019 at 7:17 PM, Muffinman said:

Ok, we've lost our second ship, a brig, to the SotD because they are spawning at high rates. We can't keep up with these mobs. PLEASE NERF THEM ALREADY!

That 30 gold reward though it's so worth it for takin one down lol

2 minutes ago, Notorious said:

That 30 gold reward though it's so worth it for takin one down lol

30 gold is nothing. lol

I've said the same thing, I was sailing solo without NPC's in G6, everything was fine, I can handle a ship myself that is until my game crashes and I'm unable to log back in again for several minutes.

Logs in to find myself up against SOTD, turns the sail and sails away, steering wheels smashes, my fault for not making replacement but i've encountered 6 spawn in front of me at any 1 time, ridiculous. Ghost's are rare, especially ghost ships, no idea why they want them to spawn like they do.

Stop these stupid spawn rates, it spoils the game. If you want to have 20 spawn in 1 grid then choose a couple of grids to do so and not the majority of the grids. No need for it, should be 2-4 spawn in any grid at any 1 time.

• Like 2