Sign in to follow this  
Adfax

v15 us a bad update : here is why.

1. Fountain of youth 

-You constantly have to visit it to remain young. Nobody who wants a character looking young wants to constantly sail to the fountain of youth. The fountain of youth is supposed to make you ageless.

It will appear on ONE golden age ruin, meaning the server will be overcrowded.

They put it in the game right as we're reaching 100, meaning there is a good chance people will lose their characters completely.. Assuming death is in the game; if it isn't, ignore this one.

Can we access the fountain below age 90? Who knows.. If not, it means we're still forced to look old and ugly up till 90 before the quest pops.

On PVP servers people can grief others who just want to not lose their character.. I'm sure being killed at the fountain of youth won't be the most frustrating thing ever... So stupid.. Seriously guys..

Using the fountain provides stacking perma stat bonuses... I assume this is to match those who breed?... Who knows.

Just stick the damn thing in a freeport, and let people who want to use it, use it. People are already pissed you put an age mechanic in to begin with, let alone making us search for a damn random spawn.

2. Kraken 

-"defeating the kraken now gives you 33% feat cooldown reduction" Will you stop screwing over the smaller companies who'll never get this passive? Just let it drop mythical weapons or something. People who have the companies to take out the kraken ALREADY HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE. Why? Because they're ALREADY HUGE COMPANIES. 

• Like 5

They shoved their 40,000 players on one server feature down our throats which basically failed do to player migration habits orienting to non-polar servers which overcrowded the others.

Growing old and forcing to find a fountain of youth will further drop their their player base as a chunk the players who die from old age will likely not create a new one and find a new game.

Giving huge bonuses to large groups who defeat a Kraken favors larger groups pushing out the smaller groups who will never join a large group, which ironically is the larger group of players in most games. 

In two months, if nothing is done to change the "Merge of Die" mentality of this game it will be lucky to have a population peak of 2000 on their 40,000 player server cluster. It will of course be interesting to see if private servers will end up maintaining a larger population than the official ones at that point. 🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shrewdcrow said:

They shoved their 40,000 players on one server feature down our throats which basically failed do to player migration habits orienting to non-polar servers which overcrowded the others.

Growing old and forcing to find a fountain of youth will further drop their their player base as a chunk the players who die from old age will likely not create a new one and find a new game.

Giving huge bonuses to large groups who defeat a Kraken favors larger groups pushing out the smaller groups who will never join a large group, which ironically is the larger group of players in most games. 

In two months, if nothing is done to change the "Merge of Die" mentality of this game it will be lucky to have a population peak of 2000 on their 40,000 player server cluster. It will of course be interesting to see if private servers will end up maintaining a larger population than the official ones at that point. 🙂 

The fountain of youth is meant to 1 out of other options, they even said that in the stream. One they already talked about a while baack was mating with an NPC.

If they introduce death now and the fountain is the only option, then that's stupid of them. I think the death system should be the last thing implemented once all options are in.

Also they said they will make it so you can join in with group content, things like the Kraken, without having to join a the company, most lily you will be able to type in chat and ask whos doing it and party up wih them, again something they said in the stream

I'll be surprised if we see much if at all any groups "tagging" along for the Kraken with the current "Merge or Die" mentality. Also there will be many trolls who sabotage groups trying to kill the Kraken forcing Companies and Alliances to keep it secret as much as possible to not be trolled. This is the most common mistakes DEVs make when building "features" into their games. Just because it's an option... players will still not use it if it's useless or harmful. 

And sadly no matter how cool of a feature you design, if there is no competitive edge to using it... It's just a trash feature to most.  

Edited by Shrewdcrow
  • Like 1

So after a few weeks of playing, my character is 84 years old already. I play in a company of two people, there is no way anyone that's not in a mega company can be ready to fight their way through to some mythical fountain of youth and that's assuming they even find where it is. In the mean time all I have to look forward to with my character is a debuff of the stats I've worked my arse off to level up? This combined with the elephant nerf and the gold nerf coming in this patch makes me wonder why I'm even playing this game tbh.

Edited by ianHighlander
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ianHighlander said:

So after 3 to 4 weeks of playing, my character is level 84 and there is no way anyone that's not in a mega company can be ready to fight their way through to some mythical fountain of youth and that's assuming they even find where it is. In the mean time all I have to look forward to with my character is a debuff of the stats I've worked my arse off to level up? This combined with the elephant nerf and the gold nerf coming in this patch makes me wonder why I'm even playing this game tbh.

Just look for a stable private server that's turning off or being reasonable with all the "survival" features. 

if death is the game then they will lose a fuck ton of players , putting the fountain in this late si silly day one players are 94-95

Stupid feature just like the food system is right now. I dont think these guys get it. LIF game is not very popular, and the more you frustrate the players the more they will walk away. Not everyone is heavy into PVE game play. As far as i am concerned PVP should not be totally balanced out with PVE game play. We dont need to do massive mini quests inside of PVP like that.

Its already bad these mini games inside things like reloading or looking for more water. Nobody cares for those features in pvp.

2nd of all fix the massive bugs first, like freezing to death and quick death system. The exploits are horrible, more you add to the game the more will just break it all.

LOL I guess people want an easy mode building simulator?  

Really none of the stuff in this game is that hard.  Sure you have to eat a balanced diet.  Sure you have to drink water every so often.  Sure you get old and may have to find the fountain of youth that moves around every 50 game days from one of the 8 power stone islands.    It isnt that hard, no really it isnt that hard.  I for the most part do everything I need to survive day to day in 10min of game time.  I login gather eggs from the two chickens I have tamed, put them on my ship for the crew to eat.  Dig up potatoes once every 4 days, for me to eat.  Kill 1 cow or bull every 3 days for prime meat.  Fish once a day for fish meat.   And gather fruits once a week for vitamin C.   

This isnt that hard, the WHOLE maintenance thing takes 10-15min at most per day.  And I am actually playing the game while I am doing it.  

I gather wood, fiber, thatch and metal, that takes longer than anything else.    

• Haha 1

Just now, Hodo said:

LOL I guess people want an easy mode building simulator?  

Really none of the stuff in this game is that hard.  Sure you have to eat a balanced diet.  Sure you have to drink water every so often.  Sure you get old and may have to find the fountain of youth that moves around every 50 game days from one of the 8 power stone islands.    It isnt that hard, no really it isnt that hard.  I for the most part do everything I need to survive day to day in 10min of game time.  I login gather eggs from the two chickens I have tamed, put them on my ship for the crew to eat.  Dig up potatoes once every 4 days, for me to eat.  Kill 1 cow or bull every 3 days for prime meat.  Fish once a day for fish meat.   And gather fruits once a week for vitamin C.   

This isnt that hard, the WHOLE maintenance thing takes 10-15min at most per day.  And I am actually playing the game while I am doing it.  

I gather wood, fiber, thatch and metal, that takes longer than anything else.    

The main struggle in the game should come from the PVP element.. Everyone knows these games are made for PVP.. PVE is for building simulation.

So after all the talks of how they want small companies and solo players be able to have fun in this game they add the f*** fountain of youth that gives a significant stat increase (while at the same time you'll be debuffed for not visiting it), a f*** kraken giving 33% (really??!) PERMANENT reduce on cooldowns, and nerfing elephants to the ground. 

Really?!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Adfax said:

The main struggle in the game should come from the PVP element.. Everyone knows these games are made for PVP.. PVE is for building simulation.

Even on PVP building is a needed thing.  With the current way logging out is handled you need a safe place to regear and store that gear.  You cant just leave your stuff sitting idly by hoping it will be there when you get back to it in 8-12 hours.

not to mention that it ok to have these mechanic in place but you got to be reasonable with you playerbase.   Because atm most of the people who can support this kind of games are the one that has money right... so they have job outside of it.   Really one year in real life should put you at age 90 not 2 month and suddenly you are 90 year old.   That just wrong.   Also if they are gonna put fountain of youth in... Make it Pve it only and no PVP or buildable land around it.     PVE =/= pvp Unless if you have NPC that can support the PVP.  To which you have not.   Also They should start to think about having a faction war Pirate vs navy.  because having open world PVP company based is not really ideal if you cant support it properly.   This is why Warcraft is still going strong.   Because of the fact of 2 faction war keep people in a large group but able to have sense of who they are and what they represent. 

yup im over 90 already in a company mainly of 2 people, no way im getting to that fountain.

Seriously if there wasn't enough bad press for the game already then there is gonna be a fuck ton more now!

edit:

So rough calculation based on the amount of time ive put into the game every 3 weeks i would need to visit the fountain...yeah fuck that shit

Edited by Seren Du

1 hour ago, Adfax said:

PvE is also for people who don't want to deal with "Human nature"  😄

12 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

You guys all work for a kleenex company or what?

Nope I work for these guys.

saltworks.png?itok=jBQVF791