Sign in to follow this  
GugoKapet

Remove Glider suit !

That game about what ? flying pirates ? when you can " abordage " from 1 km away , it's completely bullshit ! Flying between islands ... who need that ships ? Atlas Airlines here ! 

I am still waiting for the flying ships like on the mainpage background top left.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lemit said:

Wow, I just noticed the flying ship on the graphic!   What is that about?

There are steampunkesque features that were displayed in the trailers from mod authors like iSpezz in Ark.  Seems there may be some of that in this game down the line, not really much has been mentioned that I've seen about it.

I hope those things, along with WWII planes, and WWI tanks, are available for private servers and the people who want them.  For the people that want sea adventure,  pirate game,  or island survival, I hope l they don't ruin it with an advanced 'tech' content release.   After bombarding someone with satellite-based laser weapons, boarding them with a sword and parrot sort of loses its meaning.  Our sharks don't need laser beams on their heads.

Edited by Lemit

From what I'm aware Currently. 'Steam punk' is more preferred over the Tek that has been experienced in ARK. So should be no laser swords.

52 minutes ago, GugoKapet said:

That game about what ? flying pirates ? when you can " abordage " from 1 km away , it's completely bullshit ! Flying between islands ... who need that ships ? Atlas Airlines here ! 

No.  Keep it.

(Although I would be OK with it having a slightly reduced range.)

"flying pirates" = FLYRATES!!!!

Edited by Olthoi

35 minutes ago, Lemit said:

I hope those things, along with WWII planes, and WWI tanks, are available for private servers and the people who want them.  For the people that want sea adventure,  pirate game,  or island survival, I hope l they don't ruin it with an advanced 'tech' content release.   After bombarding someone with satellite-based laser weapons, boarding them with a sword and parrot sort of loses its meaning.  Our sharks don't need laser beams on their heads.

Yes agree. But they definitely won’t put them in official. They might not be the smartest alive, but they do know why and for who they built this game. 

The thing is, Atlas isn't specifically and has never been marketed as, a pirate sim. Perhaps you're not aware but there are also magic and fantasy elements as well... which aren't the first things that come to mind when I think pirates. I'd also assume, as has been pointed out, that even more fantasy elements (like flying ships) will be added in the next couple years.  
Just like Ark really wasn't about survival in a prehistoric world, Atlas isn't really a pirate game... that's just part of it. 

Honestly the glider suit just needs a max weight you can have on it.  And they need to actually fix the weights on things.

A sword weighs more than a whole set of plate armor... 

Hell 10 gold coins wiegh more than a whole set of plate.  But yet fur armor is 16kg for just the chest alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemit said:

Not that I have a direct line to the devs or anything, but something that might reassure you is that there is a common misconception Ark was a dinosaur game that got sci fi tech shoe horned in. This is patently and demonstrably false.  The very first concept art for Ark showed non low tech items and players had sci fi implants in their wrists from the beginning, there were decidedly not primitive giant floating obelisks in the game from day one. Ark was always a sci fi game with Dinosaurs, there was just a segment of its playerbase who chose to willfully ignore all of this and claim it was a Dino game that got “ruined”.

GrapeCard has given themselves wiggle room by saying Atlas isn’t pure pirate, but pirate/fantasy. Therefore it’s reasonable not to expect Spitfires and P-51 Mustangs in the base game, but one should expect magic based content going forward. Personally I tend to agree that flying in a game based around sailing is undesirable except maybe on the smallest scale. One should never be able to fly to islands one can’t swim to without being eaten. I guess we’ll find out if the powers that be see it that way.

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Honestly the glider suit just needs a max weight you can have on it.  And they need to actually fix the weights on things.

A sword weighs more than a whole set of plate armor... 

Hell 10 gold coins wiegh more than a whole set of plate.  But yet fur armor is 16kg for just the chest alone.

These guys have always had a head scratching level of difficulty getting their weights even vaguely realistic. My personal favorite was how for the longest time in Ark a scuba tank weighed the same as FIVE berries.