Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Remove Taming

I think Atlas needs to move away from these useless Tame stuff....

You already have NPC crew and for a pirate adventure game I think thats good enough controlled AI... if you could focus more on their utility I think it meshes way better with the theme of the game.  

The Tames like bears and wolves and all those dumb lil creatures like monkeys and stuff... oh yeah its "cool" but you'll never have a great use or balance for them... this isn't Ark... we don't need tames like that.... You can use those programmers on something way more useful.

You dont get taming, we get it, others like it, let them enjoy it.

Its not a Battle Royale pvp game, its a MMO with lots of different things to do.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

You already have NPC crew and for a pirate adventure game I think thats good enough controlled AI... if you could focus more on their utility I think it meshes way better with the theme of the game.  

The Tames like bears and wolves and all those dumb lil creatures like monkeys and stuff... oh yeah its "cool" but you'll never have a great use or balance for them... this isn't Ark... we don't need tames like that.... You can use those programmers on something way more useful.

Well this is ark pretty much.

not to mention there are mostly ark players here. If they took away the tames there would be SO many people that would be pissed. Don’t underestimate that.

tamers, bredders for stats, and breeders for trade. That is a good chunk of the population(won’t bother throwing a number out there).

i can guarantee this won’t happen. Way to detrimental to them.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well this is ark pretty much.

not to mention there are mostly ark players here. If they took away the tames there would be SO many people that would be pissed. Don’t underestimate that.

tamers, bredders for stats, and breeders for trade. That is a good chunk of the population(won’t bother throwing a number out there).

i can guarantee this won’t happen. Way to detrimental to them.

That was an Ark mechanic... because it was centered around Dinos... this game is not.... 

That was an Ark mechanic... because it was centered around Dinos... this game is not.... 

And this game isn't centered around PvP. 

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

In the real world. There are beasts of burden. Beasts to eat (yum). Beast poop for fertilizer. Etc.

This is more like a primitive survival game (not prehistoric dinos like Ark), centered around a nautical theme.

22 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I think they should get rid of tames too.  It causes lazy, whiney, childish, self-righteous, egocentric pvp'ers to spam shitposts thus cluttering my forums with this crap.  It's quite pathetic.  You need a crew?  You're just being lazy.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

47 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I think they should get rid of tames too.  It causes lazy, whiney, childish, self-righteous, egocentric pvp'ers to spam shitposts thus cluttering my forums with this crap.  It's quite pathetic.  You need a crew?  You're just being lazy.

you sound tilted kid relax

Taming doesn't have anything to do if it's PVE or PVP. It just makes it easier to farm your ressources and to craft items needed for the everything.

If player not playing PVP is your reason, remove farming, crafting, and so on. It just sounds that Atlas is the wrong game for you.

Atlas is currently EA, having seriouse PVP is not that easy if the servers go haywire if there are 100+ ppl inside the zone bringing the fight to ya.

Also it needs better ballancing to make PVP succeed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

you sound tilted kid relax

Not at all, I'm just using some of your own words against you.  Relax kiddo. Don't read more into things than are there.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

That is pretty lame man. This is a pirate era, survival MMO. There are a lot of different aspects available in the game for all to enjoy. If you like sailing with a large crew of AI controlled crewmen great. If others enjoy taming animals, great it's in the game too. If there is an aspect you don't like in Atlas then you are in luck, you are not forced to play that particular aspect of the game. Play the way you want but don't expect others to always want to play the way you play.

14 minutes ago, vaylain said:

That is pretty lame man. This is a pirate era, survival MMO. There are a lot of different aspects available in the game for all to enjoy. If you like sailing with a large crew of AI controlled crewmen great. If others enjoy taming animals, great it's in the game too. If there is an aspect you don't like in Atlas then you are in luck, you are not forced to play that particular aspect of the game. Play the way you want but don't expect others to always want to play the way you play.

The taming is not needed and I believe its causing more confusion for the Ark players that can't understand this isn't Ark.... and tames are pretty useless... much rather have a streamlined Crew AI than a bunch of useless animals.  

just IMO....

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

The taming is not needed and I believe its causing more confusion for the Ark players that can't understand this isn't Ark.... and tames are pretty useless... much rather have a streamlined Crew AI than a bunch of useless animals.  

just IMO....

Now you are just trolling the forums...

Taming was never meant to be a focus on this game and it still isn't. I'm from ARK and my interest in this game was never taming animals.

Having said that, with animals being able to be tamed, even if they are just pretty shoulder pets, well no skin off my nose, does it really matter that much? It's not like the devs are focusing all there time on taming mechanics.

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Taming was never meant to be a focus on this game and it still isn't. I'm from ARK and my interest in this game was never taming animals.

Having said that, with animals being able to be tamed, even if they are just pretty shoulder pets, well no skin off my nose, does it really matter that much? It's not like the devs are focusing all there time on taming mechanics.

They legit already did a few patches because people couldn't tame certain animals and made it to where Berries can tame everything now.... so yeah....

22 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

They legit already did a few patches because people couldn't tame certain animals and made it to where Berries can tame everything now.... so yeah....

Taming is just one of the many aspects of the game that Grapeshot wanted to offer. If taming isn't your thing then don't tame. Atlas is in dire need for all kinds of focus and redesign and they will slowly address things as their priority lists determine not by what your opinion prioritizes.

Edited by vaylain

Just now, vaylain said:

Taming is just one of the many aspects of the game that Grapeshot wanted to offer. If taming isn't your thing then don't tame. Atlas is in dire need for all kinds of focus and redesign and they will slowly address things as their priority lists determine not what your opinion prioritizes.

And I am suggesting dropping taming it doesnt fit in the game... I understand some people like it... but oh well you want to tame friends that you can talk to... go play ark or make it a mod on a private server.

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

All I am saying is people going crazy over their tames. Would be a big mistake to try and take it away

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

And I am suggesting dropping taming it doesnt fit in the game... I understand some people like it... but oh well you want to tame friends that you can talk to... go play ark or make it a mod on a private server.

Well, that debate could easily be posed another way. Maybe, Captaineering should be removed from the game. Taming would be a lot more useful if Grapeshot would drop Captaineering and focus more on taming. I understand some people like Captaineering... but oh well.  You want to Captaineer... go play another game or make it a mod on a private server.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Realist said:

All I am saying is people going crazy over their tames. Would be a big mistake to try and take it away

We have two totally different visions for this game.  I want Pirate Darkfall, and you want Pirate Sims... I get it man... you scared of player conflict and want to build you a thatch hut on a beach that has a heard of penguins... totally understand man... 

no one else wants that but a very select few of you forum pve warriors.

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

We have two totally different visions for this game.  I want Pirate Darkfall, and you want Pirate Sims... I get it man... you scared of player conflict and want to build you a thatch hut on a beach that has a heard of penguins... totally understand man... 

Damn good thing this is not your IP to f-up as you wish huh? I am a PVP player and taming is great in pvp. Try taking me on when I command a group of wolves and kite you with flame arrows... You just need to learn how to pvp biotch and stop your whining.

Edited by vaylain

Can't help but insulting PvE again huh?  So far only a few people seem to want Pirate Pubg.  Others would rather a more complex game that isn't just some shitty battle royale clone skinned to be pirate themed.

Have never been a pve person. Never even played on a pve server.

i just see the direction this game is moving. Good news is skull and bones looks awesome 

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Have never been a pve person. Never even played on a pve server.

i just see the direction this game is moving. Good news is skull and bones looks awesome 

lol Skull and Bones looks like a ubisoft game ahahah and PS they already tried a game like that it was called Naval Action.... wasn't good.