Sign in to follow this  
Stimpack

Weight weight wtf weight

Just now, Vaenix said:

So this is a carry over from Arks way of handling weight.  You have to think of weight as "Max Capacity" not "Carry Weight".  Not saying there aren't issues one way or the other or ways it can be improved just want to help people understand what is actually happening.

With the weight of 550 kg, you can store 550 kg of items, you cannot however move(if they fixed that glitch).  You also should not be able to pick up more to over encumber yourself.

You begin moving slower once you reach about 80-85% of this max carry weight you begin moving slower.  So basically with that carry weight you should stop picking up items at around 440 kg, this would help prevent your reduced movement speed.

i can pick up and move up to 1100kg before it stops allowing me to pick up more things. I think it's a BS way of doing it that is not the same as every other Icon provided. I don't play Ark so nothing is relatable to me from that game. 

And if they really want us to use tames for this, which is fine with me, i love my tames. We need less wolves and alphas roaming around otherwise it's just another waste of time and resources. Which is why i've been stating in weight so I can be the mule back to base as others craft things.

3 hours ago, Stimpack said:

Hey guys,

the usage of most weight glitches has been disabled due to the last patch. but the question is: why does ppl use those glitches? yes, cause there is no legit way ingame to transport even a Little bit of weight. i skilled nearly every point in weight until lvl 50, so i got round about 600-650 weight. If i harvest 2 metal notes, i am overencoumbered. i mean x2 harvest is nice to have, but if i need 20 minutes to get back to my base to store it........ thats not helping at all.

so in my opinion ther should be a weight reduction over all on basic resources or they should add additional weight to the cargo saddles.

i mean its just pain in the ass to transport materials at land. If the game gives us the opportunity to transport stuff, no one would take advantage of glitches. there is no fucking bronto / quetz / gasbag or whatever in this game. just shitty lvl 30 tames with no weight.

No they should get rid of the 2x harvesting. Smh that is too much for so early on.

i mean come on, the reason they did it later in arks development is because they already had huge bases and tames that could carry a mountain so they needed all of the extra resources.

This early on in the game nobody needs 2x resources. Mark my words, 2x will prove to be a bad thing

Did a person really come to the forms and say they actively use a glitch and now that is is patch they want help to get the glitch to work again?

6 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Did a person really come to the forms and say they actively use a glitch and now that is is patch they want help to get the glitch to work again?

No, it's more that we've been given more resources when we gather, but we can't actually carry anything back. I think the majority of players were over encumbering themselves and slowly running back, but because others decided to be a-holes and exploit it, it's been changed and we're all affected. so instead of getting full use out of the 2x, it's being wasted.

A solution would be the cargo saddle, but they seem to have no affect. Haven't tried it, but i would assume it's meant to add additional weight to the mount so you can transport stuff.

So an example, my bear had 679 weight, give him a cargo saddle.  now he has 2679 or what ever number.

3 minutes ago, Herasea said:

No, it's more that we've been given more resources when we gather, but we can't actually carry anything back. I think the majority of players were over encumbering themselves and slowly running back, but because others decided to be a-holes and exploit it, it's been changed and we're all affected. so instead of getting full use out of the 2x, it's being wasted.

A solution would be the cargo saddle, but they seem to have no affect. Haven't tried it, but i would assume it's meant to add additional weight to the mount so you can transport stuff.

So an example, my bear had 679 weight, give him a cargo saddle.  now he has 2679 or what ever number.

Haven't tested it much either but that would be a nice solution, either that or just reduce the weight of anything in the inventory/increase stacking since you aren't really carrying the weight rather pulling it.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

I have no arguments, just stating my opinion on other people's opinion threads.... the only person that can say we are right or wrong would be the visionary... IE the Developers.... cause only then could it be pointed out that either of us are wrong or right.  

You are quibbling semantics in an attempt to avoid confronting the underlying point. If I changed the wording of my statement to:

Your underlying position is...my shitposting is fine, other people’s is not.

...then what I’ve said isn’t materially changed, but your response is invalidated because it’s all nitpicking over the word argument.  

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You are quibbling semantics in an attempt to avoid confronting the underlying point. If I changed the wording of my statement to:

Your underlying position is...my shitposting is fine, other people’s is not.

...then what I’ve said isn’t materially changed, but your response is invalidated because it’s all nitpicking over the word argument.  

nitpicking would be taking something you said out and focusing on it... I simply replied to your statement.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

nitpicking would be taking something you said out and focusing on it... I simply replied to your statement.

Your response was predicated on the word argument as indicated when the first thing you said was you weren’t making an argument. I rephrased to remove the word argument without altering the premise. The point still stands. Your position can fairly be described as viewing your own shitposting as acceptable while others is not.

The term for this is hypocrisy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

...but what I don't like is you cluttering the forums with this crap.

Oh the irony... /sigh

• Like 2

It'd be nice to have a wheelbarrow, honestly. Load it up, move at a walking pace. It'd be a good balance because you'd have to use both hands to move it, making it more risky if you get attacked, but still lets you get a good haul of resources to and from locations. Mining carts with dedicated tracks could also be added in to assist with stuff like this. It'd be a lot of fun to build up dedicated wheelbarrow or cart paths. Neither would break immersion, since wheelbarrows were in Europe around 1100 / 1200 AD and mining carts were around in the 1500's. 

This suggestion would also help keep people focused on skill tree differences. I personally didn't want to have any taming on my character, but they're pretty crucial for gathering and hauling when you start building larger structures and ships. If we had wheelbarrows and mining carts in the middle of the crafting trees, builders could do that instead. (Granted, we still wouldn't have nearly as strong gathering options, but hopefully more will come down the line there).

I think its funny the complaints about weight.

I have done all of my building and harvesting MYSELF.. no animals no help from my company mates even though they have offered.  And I can say the weight system is fine if you know how to use it.  

Harvest 2 metal nodes and crawl back to your base.. = stupid.  

Harvest up to 75% of your max weight run back, finish harvesting in half the time = smart.  <-What I do

Harvest the nodes have a pack animal like a Rhino or bear haul all of it = NEXT LEVEL!!!!!  

1 hour ago, LockeMurdock said:

It'd be nice to have a wheelbarrow, honestly. Load it up, move at a walking pace. It'd be a good balance because you'd have to use both hands to move it, making it more risky if you get attacked, but still lets you get a good haul of resources to and from locations. Mining carts with dedicated tracks could also be added in to assist with stuff like this. It'd be a lot of fun to build up dedicated wheelbarrow or cart paths. Neither would break immersion, since wheelbarrows were in Europe around 1100 / 1200 AD and mining carts were around in the 1500's. 

This suggestion would also help keep people focused on skill tree differences. I personally didn't want to have any taming on my character, but they're pretty crucial for gathering and hauling when you start building larger structures and ships. If we had wheelbarrows and mining carts in the middle of the crafting trees, builders could do that instead. (Granted, we still wouldn't have nearly as strong gathering options, but hopefully more will come down the line there).

I always wanted this in ARK, but they never added it until they gave us the storage balloon that didn’t work perfectly. But I’d like to see this too yeah. 

Bears are pretty amazeballs for general haul runs.  Elephants if you are transporting a lot of wood.

We have a level 60 bear that has about 1200 carry weight and we didn't even level it all in that stat.  You can move quite a bit of stuff with just a few bears, or a single bear with a few trips.