Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

Is This Review True?

This review is on Steam.  Is it true?

"Whoever gives this game a 'thumbs up' is lying to you. - probably written by staff members and their family of the game developer and publisher. The game is 100% completely unplayable because there is no land to build on. ALL of the land is completely taken by other players. It literally WILL NOT allow you to build anything, nothing. WARNING - you will be wasting your money if you buy this game - there is NO land to build on, and I explored almost every island in the game - look at my hours played - all of that was exploring the seas on a raft only to discover that there's zero land to build on - super boring. Also, if you're lucky enough to find a small patch of land or able to steal a piece of land from someone then trust me when I tell you that someone 60 levels higher than you will take your land away from you within minutes or a few hours - a complete waste of time - find a better game to play."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ofcourse it’s not true. If you have a hard time finding a spot you can either do: Keep going, join a company or go to unofficials. This guy evidently was too lazy to do the last 2. This is what I don’t get, because they can’t do something they want to do, the game is suddenly ‘unplayable’. 

• Confused 1

It's half true.

If someone 60 levels higher then you can steal it, you're on PvP, and you can steal it back.

If you're on PvE we're land starved a bit, yeah.

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Ofcourse it’s not true. If you have a hard time finding a spot you can either do: Keep going, join a company or go to unofficials. This guy evidently was too lazy to do the last 2. This is what I don’t get, because they can’t do something they want to do, the game is suddenly ‘unplayable’. 

UNplayable is the new trigger word for kids nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Percieval - I've seen you before.  You live on this forum and are a hired public relations hand bought and paid for by Grapshot Games - it's 100% true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, [616]RexFortis said:

Percieval - I've seen you before.  You live on this forum and are a hired public relations hand bought and paid for by Grapshot Games - it's 100% true.

Haha, here you go. You’re hating for the sake of hating. Why post this and ask us when you already know the answer? If you don’t agree with my post, there is something wrong. 

I would suggest that every single sentence in that review is factually inaccurate.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Haha, here you go. You’re hating for the sake of hating. Why post this and ask us when you already know the answer? If you don’t agree with my post, there is something wrong. 

I would wager he wrote that "review".

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, [616]RexFortis said:

The game is kind of like a beautiful brand new 2018 Ferrari, and you jump in for a test spin only to discover that it has no gas.

Never had a Ferrari or known anybody that did, huh? If you had you would know that's a bad analogy, they spend more time in the shop than on the road.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Lies. Wildshot clearly has never hired a PR person in their lives or they wouldn't have botched launch communication so badly and then have to have a developer step in and be lead CM because no one would do it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh no! He's holding his review hostage!

2 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

So therefore I'm waiting for the mass reset for the servers....  ping me when that happens and I'll change the review.

Simply put... not 'true'

I have been able to 1> place a single claim, on an island in a temperate zone... after hitting several looking for inactive owners & large pre-existing claims
  and started a settlement on an lawless island.   While difficult, the outer lands while harsh do offer some available areas...though they require more active maintenance and care... (EX: to maintain a raft/ship with a bed you can spawn @/to) 

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Lies. Wildshot clearly has never hired a PR person in their lives or they wouldn't have botched launch communication so badly and then have to have a developer step in and be lead CM because no one would do it.

I wish I was paid by Grapeshot to give my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

So therefore I'm waiting for the mass reset for the servers....  ping me when that happens and I'll change the review.

You are aware of ‘unofficial’ servers right? 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I wish I was paid by Grapeshot to give my opinion. 

You are aware of ‘unofficial’ servers right? 

Shhhh. Don't tell him. Let him go. 

*grins*

How can we miss you if you won't go away? 🙂

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

Never had a Ferrari or known anybody that did, huh? If you had you would know that's a bad analogy, they spend more time in the shop than on the road.

Well, that would be a pretty accurate analogy then.

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

Well, that would be a pretty accurate analogy then.

Except people pay large amounts of money for them and enjoy them, even though they require a lot of maintenance.

3 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

Except people pay large amounts of money for them and enjoy them, even though they require a lot of maintenance.

I hate to say this, but I think you're making his point for him. 

Enjoyment. check.

Despite lots of maintenance. Check.

Large amounts of money....eh subjective, but probably the weakest part.