Sign in to follow this  
Ms Cole

Stealing

Anyone can steal anything out of my boxes, tannery, smithy, and loom.... Unless I lock them behind a door. In PvE this shouldn't be happening 😕

Why?  You just said the solution. So technically its not a problem but thats my opinion. Its better to have a little difficulty than being hand held throughout the game.

And if I want an open base? lol... It's PvE, people shouldn't be able to steal my stuff if I get Dc'd and can't reconnect for hours ^.-

"Its better to have a little difficulty than being hand held throughout the game."

Hand held? Well, this is already happening, so why not this? Sailing is so fast you just cruise right past ghost ships now. Harvesting is so fast, permanent 2x is pretty crazy rates. We're already being hand held... This though, this isn't holding hands, this is protecting my recouses with items that I create.... 🙂
Only, they're not protected, because anyone can access them at the moment.

Edited by Ms Cole

15 minutes ago, Ms Cole said:

And if I want an open base? lol... It's PvE, people shouldn't be able to steal my stuff if I get Dc'd and can't reconnect for hours ^.-

"Its better to have a little difficulty than being hand held throughout the game."

Hand held? Well, this is already happening, so why not this? Sailing is so fast you just cruise right past ghost ships now. Harvesting is so fast, permanent 2x is pretty crazy rates. We're already being hand held... This though, this isn't holding hands, this is protecting my recouses with items that I create.... 🙂
Only, they're not protected, because anyone can access them at the moment.

Or just make your base secure? Yes its PvE, but if people can be lazy they will. 

Its a pirate game, stealing is in the pirate code.

LOL, this is a pirate game.... 🙂 It takes years to travel across the oceans, why you doing it so fast now? "OMG IT TAKES ME HOURS...

Go join PvP if ya wanna steal ^.- Uh huh, people are already learning to glitch in and out of bases... How long before the stuff in your house is no longer safe AT ALL ?

Did you bother to set a pin code? If so, did you make it something other then 1234?

We have open access containers that no one has ever stolen from simply because of the code. We had someone forget to set a code on two and they DID get raided.

4 hours ago, Oslion said:

Did you bother to set a pin code? If so, did you make it something other then 1234?

We have open access containers that no one has ever stolen from simply because of the code. We had someone forget to set a code on two and they DID get raided.

4 hours ago, BoomerMcFisticuffs said:

Yeah, if you didn't pin code them then you're at just as much fault as the others.

You can't pin code craft building eg smithy loom tannery. However it doesn't take much to build a little hut for this stuff 

Rather just introduce pin codes for smithies, looms etc.

You should be able to leave things unlocked too, if you wish.

8 hours ago, Captain Kuro said:

Its a pirate game, stealing is in the pirate code.

Sinking ships is part of pirate life so I'm assuming by your logic you would be fine with someone sinking your ships any way they can because it's what pirates do?

Using the "it's a pirate game" or the "we are supposed to be pirates" is just people justifying being not very nice to other people so they don't feel guilty for their actions.
This is not and never should be a valid excuse for this type of behavior.

21 minutes ago, Scrad said:

Sinking ships is part of pirate life so I'm assuming by your logic you would be fine with someone sinking your ships any way they can because it's what pirates do?

Using the "it's a pirate game" or the "we are supposed to be pirates" is just people justifying being not very nice to other people so they don't feel guilty for their actions.
This is not and never should be a valid excuse for this type of behavior.

While i'm not too fussed, but I agree, I think we forfeit the right of "it's a pirate game" when we joined a PvE server.  It's the worse kind of defence for people who grief, not saying anyone does here.

does anyone understand what PVE means?let me make it clear:

1)if you die and for some reason you can't pick up your stuff frm you body then the worms eat the stuff not other player.

2)if your base  is destroyed noone can get your stuff.it dissapears after sometime.

3)IF THE SHIP IS SUNK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN RETRIEVE THE GOODS....OR THE FISH.

THAT IS PVE.EVERYTHING ELSE IS BUG OR IF IT IS INDEDEND IT IS ridicoulous.i have played countless games and this is the rule at PVE:you can't obtain ohers' stuff.since you can not defend your property,this property is defended by default.

by the moment i only watch forums.i will return at the game if sometime i would be able to log out for at least 7 days and when i return everything will be ok.the majority i think has jobs,holidays,trips etc.we don't live in a game.if you force someone to stay looged in all the time sooner or later you will loose him from the game.

Edited by Yellowfrog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, its a pirate game, but thats why we choose pve, to play with others, coop with them, help and be helped. We do not joined a pve server to be stolen or claim/base stõlen, or even ships destroyed. Ppl that do that need to move to pvp servers, that where they do belong. Want to steel others? want to destroy others stuff? then join pvp, thats what you need, pve its not your type.

21 minutes ago, Yellowfrog said:

1)if you die and for some reason you can't pick up your stuff frm you body then the worms eat the stuff not other player.

2)if your base  is destroyed noone can get your stuff.it dissapears after sometime.

3)IF THE SHIP IS SUNK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN RETRIEVE THE GOODS....OR THE FISH.

THAT IS PVE.EVERYTHING ELSE IS BUG OR IF IT IS INDEDEND IT IS ridicoulous.i have played countless games and this is the rule at PVE:you can't obtain ohers' stuff.since you can not defend your property,this property is defended by default.

by the moment i only watch forums.i will return at the game if sometime i would be able to log out for at least 7 days and when i return everything will be ok.the majority i think has jobs,holidays,trips etc.we don't live in a game.if you force someone to stay looged in all the time sooner or later you will loose him from the game.

Exactly this. Ppl that do that cant understand what is pve, period...

21 hours ago, Yellowfrog said:

If they had sneaky npc's that ran around pilfering from unlocked boxes while you were offline would that be acceptable?

honestly i don't really have a problem with a lot of this stuff because it is part of the environment. Thieves are an environmental risk if you don't lock your doors.

Pirate game with dragons..its a fantasy mmo based around sailing, trading, pirating and exploring...its not just a pirate game...

Not only - here on L5 is a Player who is kicking Rafts into the Groud by Collision Damage. He has no Clothes No Shoes only a Spear and a Raft and he is fucking us on PVE. The should be a possibility to strike back agains those ones and the Thiefs. Even on PVE

You can lock your doors to prevent people who brute force your pin coded doors or cabinets, but not your workstations. For me only the smithy has some resources in it 24/7 for the convenience of just being able to repair stuff without having to grab all items to do so. That being said, people need to realise that most griefers know how to get into a house by glitching through the walls/doors rather than opening the door via the pin code. If they manage to get in that way they usually will only take what is unprotected, but there are videos and reports of players who use brute force pin code attacks with software which only takes them a couple of seconds to open any pin coded item. So whatever people here claim to be 'safe' is not safe at all until a cheater visits your house.

There is a few douchebags sinking ships on my island. I cant even release my Sloop from the drydock because it was already two times sunken while I was sleeping. Same thing happens to random people that anker on the east shore or around that area. Every day when I log in I see a ship wrenk near the shore.

Also someone was able to open my PIN locked doors constantly using 3rd party software. And yes I had a random pin code. So not even behind locked stone doors is anything safe. Everyday I had my preserve bags empty and smithy too. Hell... Someone stole even rotten meat and coal from my fireplace LOL.

You can have 20 good people around you, but all it takes is one dedicated Rust toxic kid and your fun is gone.

4 hours ago, microphobe said:

If they had sneaky npc's that ran around pilfering from unlocked boxes while you were offline would that be acceptable?

honestly i don't really have a problem with a lot of this stuff because it is part of the environment. Thieves are an environmental risk if you don't lock your doors.

every opinion is respected but this is not pve.npcs are enviroment but not real player thieves.i have mentioned many times conan exiles.in this game there is a function called ''the purge''

this action can destroy your base  if it is unprotected even if you are offline.but this is PVE action.no one leads the attack but the game itself.anyway i hope in future time i will like this game too because it has pottencials(although graphics are terrible and reminds me how games showed  at least 10 years ago)