Sign in to follow this  
Callo

Claim stolen in PvE caused massive loss

unknown.png

A company was able to place their flag down on the opposite side of a mountain to contest our land, which we are active on just an hour beforehand.

Because they were able to steal this protected land it destroyed our large shipyard and almost finished Brig... 25 hours of real life time down the drain because someone was able to overlap their claim with ours.

When will this issue be addressed by the devs?

• Sad 2

They need to limit the number of flags per company

Its out of hand

We counted one company 79 Flags lol

Taxing at 30% lol

• Like 3

To jump in here, I know this pain.  Played from day of release, got myself a really nice little place, built a tower, put out some buoys to warn people of rocks in low places.  Where spawns weren't affected etc.  Setup looms, tannery, forge, smithy for anyone to use along with water barrels etc and a grill.

A week later, I log out.. next morning log in, it's all gone.  And I'm met with people gloating about how they stole it in 3 hours.  Not just gloating in chat, but over voice as well.

If I was on a pvp server, I'd expect this.  But on pve server as far as I am concerned it is a breach of contract by Grapeshot to even allow this kind of exploitation to occur, I don't really blame people for being antisocial in a game that openly supports even designs systems towards supporting antisocial play.    Grapeshot/Wildcard are entirely to blame here.

The following day I built a new base, on a different island, then they added ghost ships.  My new sloop, which I hadn't even used, shipyard.. all gone.  This time I placed out over a dozen flags, even out into the ocean, I jumped for hours around the cliffs to find weak points and placed flags above my base so it couldn't get stolen.

People came with mallets and killed me.  That exploit at least now is being fixed.

People used pin code hacks to break through doors, each one using a random pin code.  Then they stole from my pin coded lockers.  Fortunately, I'd hidden most of my metal behind false walls, which they didn't find.  So the bulk of my resources were safe.

This game, could be the next Great Ark, the next great game for thousands of pve players to relax in, to talk and chat, to help each other and be social and kind.  But grapeshot seem to be going out of their way to allow open exploitation.  Allowing flag overlaps to steal isn't bad coding, it's bad design.  No two flags from opposing companies should be allowed within an entire flags radius of range from each other, it should not be possible to even place a flag to overlap already claimed land.  The game should be designed like this.

With the patching to allow ghosts to kill rafts.. even at a claimed "darn close" distance, I expect I'll loose my raft now, parked off shore to a wandering ghost.  And what will be the fix? 20% reduction again in something.  No.  Ghosts need to be removed from gameplay completely.  Exploits need to be removed from gameplay completely.  New mechanics need to be designed with player safety in mind, not just thrown into the mix all lazy and cack handed to be improved upon down the line.

It isn't really that I don't want to play anymore..but that I feel, Grapeshot/Wildcard don't want me to play anymore.

They get that wish.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Martyn said:

But grapeshot seem to be going out of their way to allow open exploitation.

It's been what 8 days? Out of 2 years of planned EA development. Patience is a virtue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nari said:

It's been what 8 days? Out of 2 years of planned EA development. Patience is a virtue.

That depends on your point of view really.

Grapeshot is Wildcard.  Ark was made by Wildcard, Ark caters for antisocial gameplay.. Therefore.. Atlas will also.  For me its a moot point, it's just expected.  Anything else is a surprise.

PLZ guys limt the Flags!!! its disgusting big tribes stealing land left and right its PVE!!!  they dont have any bases near by just for the 30% taxes......

This isn't even a big tribe issue, can be anyone to do so. Had the same issue with land claim not long ago...the guy destroyed my water network I had set-up for the entire island on the peninsula, locked himself in a 1x1, took most of my shit and i'm pissed, because I wasn't there for the past 5 hours >_> pretty sure It is supposed to be 3 days right? They really need to fi this shit. Oh on another note, currently sinking his shit. retribution comes in many forms asshole.

Edit: Finally sunk this bastards ship, but no way to reclaim base now even if it says -2000+ seconds...…..also trying to find something that will agro on him and damage his walls etc. We really shouldn't be having to resort to these methods on PvE servers...….so the devs need to sort this out really quickly before it kills a huge part of the community. That and possibly region locking the Chinese out would be great addition.

Edited by Mjrnn Evershade
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Martyn said:

on pve server as far as I am concerned it is a breach of contract by Grapeshot to even allow this kind of exploitation to occur

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Sad 1

Pretty sure the problem is with old flag placed vs new ones after fix. I have lost 1 old flag but 2 Nd newer flag still stands under 3 day

12 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Pretty sure the problem is with old flag placed vs new ones after fix. I have lost 1 old flag but 2 Nd newer flag still stands under 3 day

Some of the old flags gor the 3 day protect, when you place a new flag it usually gets the 3 day protection, but not always. The biggest problem is that the protection is not being reset, after 3 days it is claimable again and due to overlapping exploits you cant just pick up the flag and replace it.. as people will have overlapped your claim... meaning you must always have someone either online or sleeping in each and every flag you have to protect it..

Basically it is broken and needs fixing asap. for PvE anyway, never played PvP.

I lost my first flag placed in game.  You could be right that the newer flags/system somehow update the old.

9 hours ago, Mjrnn Evershade said:

This isn't even a big tribe issue, can be anyone to do so. Had the same issue with land claim not long ago...the guy destroyed my water network I had set-up for the entire island on the peninsula, locked himself in a 1x1, took most of my shit and i'm pissed, because I wasn't there for the past 5 hours >_> pretty sure It is supposed to be 3 days right? They really need to fi this shit. Oh on another note, currently sinking his shit. retribution comes in many forms asshole.

Edit: Finally sunk this bastards ship, but no way to reclaim base now even if it says -2000+ seconds...…..also trying to find something that will agro on him and damage his walls etc. We really shouldn't be having to resort to these methods on PvE servers...….so the devs need to sort this out really quickly before it kills a huge part of the community. That and possibly region locking the Chinese out would be great addition.

Good for you I wish I had the balls to get revenge against the claim stealers that pissed and moaned about game mechanics of taxation. They decided to steal everything from me using claim flags that dont work right for me. I couldnt be online 24/7 sorry I have a life. I have had to quit the game 3 times now because my friend keeps talking me into comming back and I always log off angry because I hate the current system and the utter garbage that are our neighbors. 

On 12/31/2018 at 12:02 PM, Mjrnn Evershade said:

They will just use VPNs to get in. Most are already using them.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:47 AM, Martyn said:

That depends on your point of view really.

Grapeshot is Wildcard.  Ark was made by Wildcard, Ark caters for antisocial gameplay.. Therefore.. Atlas will also.  For me its a moot point, it's just expected.  Anything else is a surprise.

This is an assumption of that they haven't learned anything from their mistakes over the past years, which frankly is highly unlikely.

I raise OP this doozy I woke up to today.

Had to go to bed in a hurry for work the next day, logged out in the wrong place. Logged in today to find someone had literally claimed half my base; I don't mean territory, i mean BASE, like, half the building I go to sleep in, now belongs to our asshole Taiwanese neighbors. (Who had up until this point acted friendly, and we had repeatedly helped out)

Brokenclaims.jpg

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Psykonalle said:

This is an assumption of that they haven't learned anything from their mistakes over the past years, which frankly is highly unlikely.

You're assuming they have, which is just as unlikely.

9 hours ago, Martyn said:

You're assuming they have, which is just as unlikely.

Of course I am. That's how you keep a business alive