Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

WTF EASY MODE!!!

3 minutes ago, Stid said:

Telling that it give an advantage to one compared to another is wrong is it is set for everyone , if you can build 3 times more building it alsa give this advantage to a new player , giving him the chance (like I had) to construct much quicker and set up my own house .

But its not an advantage for those that start playing after the event... For them it unbalances the progress of those ahead of them...

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

I disagree. It makes the gap between big and small companies even larger, especially when it’s due to events. 

are you idiot if it'S 2.5 for evry one, same for evryone, the 'cap' don't go larger trash idiot.

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

But its not an advantage for those that start playing after the event... For them it unbalances the progress of those ahead of them...

For those starting after the event , that they have to fight against a company set up with end stuff or just with solo with a spear and gears will most probably end up to the same result .
Anyway , event or not , whoever start after the launch/event is starting with a disadvantage , you can do nothing about that , then if we go in your way , they should stop selling the game to not create to much unbalance !

2 minutes ago, barradrine said:

are you idiot if it'S 2.5 for evry one, same for evryone, the 'cap' don't go larger trash idiot.

math is not your strong suit is it???

If 1 guy can harvest 1000 stone normally in an hour and he gets a 3 times buff he can now harvest 3000

10 guys can harvest 30,000

100 guys 300,000

At what point are there more resources then need to build defenses?!?  And which group reaches that point faster???

1 minute ago, Stid said:

For those starting after the event , that they have to fight against a company set up with end stuff or just with solo with a spear and gears will most probably end up to the same result .
Anyway , event or not , whoever start after the launch/event is starting with a disadvantage , you can do nothing about that , then if we go in your way , they should stop selling the game to not create to much unbalance !

Yes but they will forever point at the fact that you got the 3 times harvest weekend....

Just like those in ultima online would point out the early players who maxed out Resist on bladespirits...  They took that away and it became far far harder skill to max out

and they new line was "Well if I had GM Resist I could have beat you"

You must always avoid creating these issues in an MMORPG!!!

5 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

If 1 guy can harvest 1000 stone normally in an hour and he gets a 3 times buff he can now harvest 3000

100 guys 300,000

At what point are there more resources then need to build defenses?!?  And which group reaches that point faster???

Idiot 2.5 faster or not the first to get what he want is the 100 guy company, always.  He will get this quicker, but the 10 and 1 guys company too.

1-1000 or 3000

10-10 000 or 30 000

100-100 000 or 300 000 

thats the same gap. they make 10 time more ressource with or without the bonus.

Edited by barradrine

For now I also don't mind the increased harvest rates, makes up for all the issues and lost time on lost ships and what not we had since launch. As smoeone also stated this game probably will get at least one wipe if not a couple before we progress to a stable version where we can all spawn on a freeport and not longer on a lawless as the game was intended to start, not with this lawless areas and immediate swarming of islands all across the map. yea the big companies will repeat this process but at a much slower rate when we progress from a stable version after a wipe.

I disagree with that Sulfurblade , at some point you can give retributions to the ones that follow you and believed in you whatever happened !

Call it a gift , a disadvantage or whatever name you want , I prefer to say that it's a contribution regarding the bad start we got , the ones that will come later will come in a game lag free , time out free , crash free , etc ... don't forget that !

Edited by Stid

10 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

100 guys 300,000

Yes but they will forever point at the fact that you got the 3 times harvest weekend....

Just like those in ultima online would point out the early players who maxed out Resist on bladespirits...  They took that away and it became far far harder skill to max out

and they new line was "Well if I had GM Resist I could have beat you"

You must always avoid creating these issues in an MMORPG!!!

Yes, players in a large clan will have a resource gathering advantage. Thus it has always been, thus it will always be. next issue.  Players who want to whine about an unfair advantage granted to other players who came before them during event are whiners. Life isn't fair. Get over it. If you are in a game during an event, you get to reap the rewards of the event. If you aren't you don't. This "You have to avoid this sort of thing at all costs in an MMORPG" is just nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Stid said:

I disagree with that Sulfurblade , at some point you can give retributions to the ones that follow you and believed in you whatever happened !

Call it a gift , a disadvantage or whatever name you want , I prefer to say that it's a contribution regarding the bad start we got , the ones that will come later will come in a game lag free , time out free , crash free , etc ... don't forget that !

And thats the exuse right....

(Not saying it is)  You may feel Justified and you may infact be but in there eye's when you give that justification, it then becomes just an excuse....

To be honest , I would be against an XP event more than a ressource event , ressources can get lost , stolen or whatever , not your Xp , so in this way I don't really give a shit about this event  😉 

21 hours ago, Percieval said:

I believe they’re testing it, but I don’t think events belong on an MMO. Maybe the taming or maybe increase the treasure loot or increase the treasure map chances, but not the harvesting. 

20 hours ago, Hackjob said:

I think this is there way of making up for some of the issues over the last couple days with the ghost ships and such

Both wrong. It wont happen instantly, but after awhile it will become a weekly thing. They know how popular these events are with the ark community so you will see more.

also no they didn’t do it to make up for anything. You already give them money and still play, you are not important anymore.

these events are to encourage people to buy the game, and to bring back people that stop playing. Those are the two reasons. Not testing or an apology.

there are very clear upward trends during an event and they have monitored the numbers with ark for years. They see how successful events are and they will continue to do them.

the Megas just got a lot bigger. Wait for a mo th to go buy and you will be able to see their base render in before the land does 😂

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

If you are barely starting or starting soon, you have literally zero chance anyways. This is a 20 hour a day game. I say 20 for 4 hours of sleep.

there is no balance. Not sure why people think wildcard is going to “balance” anything. The balance was gone before the game released.

btw. You will see that after some time these events will become a weekly thing. I had already explained it to the other guys in the post right above this one. It is going to happen though

20 hours ago, Sam said:

I love the idea of weekend events. It helps the players who can only play on weekends have a chance at building/doing the same as everyone else. I would also love to see a taming boost for weekend events as well.

~Samantha

ETA- They did boost breeding as well 🙂 woohoo!

Except now when you go to bed they don’t have to raid you, they can’t actually just claim and take all you stuff 😂

1 hour ago, Stid said:

To be honest , I would be against an XP event more than a ressource event , ressources can get lost , stolen or whatever , not your Xp , so in this way I don't really give a shit about this event  😉 

They will be doing xp events as well later on 👍

2 hours ago, barradrine said:

Lol, nice communicating, you also do that towards people irl?

Large tribes are usually hardcore players that spend way more time on the game than the small tribes/solo guys do. So if they benefit more from a multiplier than you do, then the gap gets larger. 

2,5 either permanently or not at all. 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

If you are barely starting or starting soon, you have literally zero chance anyways. This is a 20 hour a day game. I say 20 for 4 hours of sleep.

there is no balance. Not sure why people think wildcard is going to “balance” anything. The balance was gone before the game released.

btw. You will see that after some time these events will become a weekly thing. I had already explained it to the other guys in the post right above this one. It is going to happen though

Except now when you go to bed they don’t have to raid you, they can’t actually just claim and take all you stuff 😂

Because they have been balancing stuff ever since the game came out. This was your moment to flame about WC and you ruined it.. 

• Like 1

idiot, if they are hardcore gamer that spend more time in the game than other, they have this advantage too without the 2.5. So no the gap don't go 'larger' because of the 2.5, but the time spend in game, with or without the multiplayer.

1 minute ago, barradrine said:

idiot, if they are hardcore gamer that spend more time in the game than other, they have this advantage too without the 2.5. So no the gap don't go 'larger' because of the 2.5, but the time spend in game, with or without the multiplayer.

Alright so if I don’t come on for a weekend and he has harvesting X1

And now I’m away for the weekend and his harvesting is 2,5

What does that make? He has more resources at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Lol, nice communicating, you also do that towards people irl?

Large tribes are usually hardcore players that spend way more time on the game than the small tribes/solo guys do. So if they benefit more from a multiplier than you do, then the gap gets larger. 

2,5 either permanently or not at all. 

Because they have been balancing stuff ever since the game came out. This was your moment to flame about WC and you ruined it.. 

There is no balance when there are Megas. They haven’t balanced anything 😂

Just now, Realist said:

There is no balance when there are Megas. They haven’t balanced anything 😂

Wrong again, you are on fire! 

• Like 1

Just now, Percieval said:

Wrong again, you are on fire! 

Look at you here complaining about the event 😂 yeah good balancing 😂

the good thing is they will be having more events. Guess that will balance it even more right? 😂

wait till the xp and breeding events start happening, whole bunch of balance will come then 😂

Just now, Realist said:

Look at you here complaining about the event 😂 yeah good balancing 😂

the good thing is they will be having more events. Guess that will balance it even more right? 😂

wait till the xp and breeding events start happening, whole bunch of balance will come then 😂

What is this about? You’re saying they didn’t balance anything.

I understand that you’re not playing this game but just by looking at the patch notes.. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Alright so if I don’t come on for a weekend and he has harvesting X1

And now I’m away for the weekend and his harvesting is 2,5

What does that make? He has more resources at the end of the day. 

yeah, but you speaking generaly, with presomptuous thing, what if i'm the guys who are free to play this week and they play less or are at war/raid and can not farm during this time ? the gap close. You can not say the gap go larger for sur with some presoptuous thing like time connection, that are personnal for evryone each time.

Edited by barradrine
  • Confused 1

What is this about? You’re saying they didn’t balance anything.

I understand that you’re not playing this game but just by looking at the patch notes.. 

So what exactly was balanced? Did they balance the land claim yet? Did they balance the ghost ship yet? Did they balance anything to do with pvp?

what exactly are you saying they balanced?

Just now, Realist said:

So what exactly was balanced? Did they balance the land claim yet? Did they balance the ghost ship yet? Did they balance anything to do with pvp?

what exactly are you saying they balanced?

The ghost ships are balanced now. I would just like it more if there were less. Rather 1 hard one than 5 easy. 

3 minutes ago, barradrine said:

yeah, but you speaking generaly, with presomptuous thing, what if i'm the guys who are free to play this week and they play less or are at war/raid and can not farm during this time ? the gap close. You can not say the gap go larger for sur with some presoptuous thing like time connection, that are personnal for evryone each time.

They will grow larger since you can’t get the hours in of the large tribes. At this moment new people/small tribes like it because they lose stuff and it is easier to make new stuff, I get that but then they need to buff something else instead of the entire harvesting system. 

• Like 1

The ghost ships are balanced now. I would just like it more if there were less. Rather 1 hard one than 5 easy. 

Exactly, that means it is unbalanced. The amount of them makes an unbalance.

what about pve grieving? Have they balanced that yet? Company size? Lvl 250 creatures?

what balance has happened? Btw there are already reports on twitter saying that patch on ghost ships didn’t work

either way you said they have been balancing stuff the whole time. I am wondering what they balanced

Just now, Realist said:

Exactly, that means it is unbalanced. The amount of them makes an unbalance.

what about pve grieving? Have they balanced that yet? Company size? Lvl 250 creatures?

what balance has happened? Btw there are already reports on twitter saying that patch on ghost ships didn’t work

either way you said they have been balancing stuff the whole time. I am wondering what they balanced

I already gave it to you. They were completely unbalanced before. In my opinion they balanced it the wrong way. Like I already said.

• Like 1