Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

WTF EASY MODE!!!

Dev's what are you thinking, this last patch you tripled the resources per swing and there was NOTHING wrong with the rate to aquire resources before!!!

This is EASY mode and your only going to water down the game this way and take away any sense of satisfaction in building anything.... As now there is zero difficulty!!!

Change back asap....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Dev's what are you thinking, this last patch you tripled the resources per swing and there was NOTHING wrong with the rate to aquire resources before!!!

This is EASY mode and your only going to water down the game this way and take away any sense of satisfaction in building anything.... As now there is zero difficulty!!!

Change back asap....

It is an event that will last untill January first, so hang tight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It is an event that will last untill January first, so hang tight. 

AN EVENT???  This isn't world of tanks this is an MMORPG!!!  Have they lost there minds?!?  How is this fair to any new player that starts a week from now or a month from now!

The currently playerbase is being Handed a Silver Spoon and a Platinum plated Diamond laced Golden platter!!!!  This is just insanity and quite frankly mind boggling!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

AN EVENT???  This isn't world of tanks this is an MMORPG!!!  Have they lost there minds?!?  How is this fair to any new player that starts a week from now or a month from now!

The currently playerbase is being Handed a Silver Spoon and a Platinum plated Diamond laced Golden platter!!!!  This is just insanity and quite frankly mind boggling!!!

I believe they’re testing it, but I don’t think events belong on an MMO. Maybe the taming or maybe increase the treasure loot or increase the treasure map chances, but not the harvesting. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Change back asap....

I think this is there way of making up for some of the issues over the last couple days with the ghost ships and such

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

I think this is there way of making up for some of the issues over the last couple days with the ghost ships and such

I highly doubt it's going to be a one time thing, they did the same thing in Ark. Every weekend/holiday was a bonus event which hurt the game in many ways.

I love the idea of weekend events. It helps the players who can only play on weekends have a chance at building/doing the same as everyone else. I would also love to see a taming boost for weekend events as well.

~Samantha

ETA- They did boost breeding as well 🙂 woohoo!

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, monstar said:

Weekend events happen all the time in ark, its a great idea and it should stay.

I disagree. It makes the gap between big and small companies even larger, especially when it’s due to events. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Ummm the first MMORPG I played in 2004 had events all the time. So did the one I played after that, and the one after that. Just not sure where you get this notion that the MMORPG genre is an eventless one. And stop hyperventilating like 3x is the end of the world. It’s just not. Given that there will almost certainly be A) wipes B) more events, your claims of Silver spoons come across as fairly hyperbolic at best, if not a littte silly.

There are any number of legitimate complaints to be had right now about Atlas, two of which are the way that OP creature and ghost ship overspawns are causing large percentages of the playerbase to lose lots of hard work to futility. Boosting rates during an event to give people a chance to recoup their losses more easily is one of the decisions that seem like a good one from this development team right now. 

Christmas was last week. The time to rp Ebeneezer Scrooge has passed. Just relax.

• Like 2

Though it is a nice idea for people to catch up on their own goals, I do see the pitfalls of adding these kinds of bonusses (despite the fact that it has to be tested in early access).

MMO's have always suffered between content and grinding.

In a general sense, when people eat through content to fast, they will get bored and leave. When they have to grind too much they get frustrated and leave. Depending on how far everyone is and how much they can actually achieve with this bonus in these 2 days, I have to agree with the OP. 

Despite this being early access, the majority doesn't treat it this way. For them it is the full game gone live on early for their convenience and the purpose of early access is easily forgotten. So losing a lot of people now due to boredom (partially though these events), could have a side effect.

But that is just my 2c 😉

Edited by digma76

1 minute ago, digma76 said:

Though it is a nice idea for people to catch up on their own goals, I do see the pitfalls of adding these kinds of bonusses (despite the fact that it has to be tested in early access).

MMO's have always suffered between content and grinding.

In a general sense, when people eat through content to fast, they will get bored and leave. When they have to grind too much they get frustrated and leave. Depending on how far eveyone is and how much they can actually achieve with this bonus in these 2 days, I have to agree with the OP. 

Despite this being early access, the majority doesn't treat it this way. For them it is the full game gone live on early for their convenience and the purpose of early access is easily forgotten. So losing a lot of people now due to boredom (partially though these events), could have a side effect.

But that is just my 2c 😉

I get it, but then permanently or not. The only thing this can cause is more complaints.. ‘i cant play this weekend and my enemy now has a bonus to wipe me out’ that kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I get it, but then permanently or not. The only thing this can cause is more complaints.. ‘i cant play this weekend and my enemy now has a bonus to wipe me out’ that kind of stuff. 

We're on the same wavelength but approached from a different angle 😉

Edited by digma76

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Ummm the first MMORPG I played in 2004 had events all the time. So did the one I played after that, and the one after that. Just not sure where you get this notion that the MMORPG genre is an eventless one. And stop hyperventilating like 3x is the end of the world. It’s just not. Given that there will almost certainly be A) wipes B) more events, your claims of Silver spoons come across as fairly hyperbolic at best, if not a littte silly.

There are any number of legitimate complaints to be had right now about Atlas, two of which are the way that OP creature and ghost ship overspawns are causing large percentages of the playerbase to lose lots of hard work to futility. Boosting rates during an event to give people a chance to recoup their losses more easily is one of the decisions that seem like a good one from this development team right now. 

Christmas was last week. The time to rp Ebeneezer Scrooge has passed. Just relax.

There is a big differnce between Skeletons attacking Trinsic, and tripling the amount of resources gathered in a swing!  In most MMORPG events you die or you need to save the world or whatever its not Here Have a giant helping of easy for a few days!!!  I am not against events I am against crap like this that wrecks game balance....

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

There is a big differnce between Skeletons attacking Trinsic, and tripling the amount of resources gathered in a swing!  In most MMORPG events you die or you need to save the world or whatever its not Here Have a giant helping of easy for a few days!!!  I am not against events I am against crap like this that wrecks game balance....

Then you should know that right now (with or without event) the game is really unbalanced in a lot of areas.

Armor, damage, food, vitamins, ...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sleepyhead said:

Then you should know that right now (with or without event) the game is really unbalanced in a lot of areas.

Armor, damage, food, vitamins, ...

Your point???  Resource Collection was not an out of balance area... It is now while this event is going!

Well it is early access, meaning it is in development. You can just consider it a solid alpha tbh.

Your point???  Resource Collection was not an out of balance area... It is now while this event is going!

Personally i think the base amount of resources you get could increase just a little. like 50% extra.
2,5 times resources is a lot and definately shouldn't stay but i will enjoy gathering and stocking up on everything while it lasts.

so my point being, enjoy easy mode now and complain about balance where it actually matters

6 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

It doesn't though. It just doesn't. Tripling resources for a limited time event doesn't wreck game balance. I know because I've seen very similar things in other events across multiple MMORPG's. This isn't worth further debate though, because it's simply a difference of perspective on an agreed upon set of facts. You think 3x wrecks game balance. I think it does not and you're overreacting. I've cited my previous experiences that lead me to this conclusion. If you're bound and determined that it's somehow awful, I can't stop you from running around like your hair is on fire, but imo this is just a non issue, especially in comparison to other things that are major issues.

• Like 1

I will give you my POV if you don't mind .
I started the second day only of this game , had a loads of issues , game crash , time out , laggy as fuck , etc ...
I really could start to play 3 days ago , and even then I lost 2 times my Rafts , just because I was disconected , and the second time I lost it as I was attacked by a Lion Alpha that even broke my bed on the raft .
Then it took me a while to find a little spot on an Island to set me down , so if I get some help to prevent me getting killed by all those Alpha predators around my house , I would really appreciate it , any help to build it quicker at this point is more than welcome , and I'm playing on an PVE server , not even a PVP.

9 minutes ago, Stid said:

I will give you my POV if you don't mind .
I started the second day only of this game , had a loads of issues , game crash , time out , laggy as fuck , etc ...
I really could start to play 3 days ago , and even then I lost 2 times my Rafts , just because I was disconected , and the second time I lost it as I was attacked by a Lion Alpha that even broke my bed on the raft .
Then it took me a while to find a little spot on an Island to set me down , so if I get some help to prevent me getting killed by all those Alpha predators around my house , I would really appreciate it , any help to build it quicker at this point is more than welcome , and I'm playing on an PVE server , not even a PVP.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. With all the things that are making this game redonculously hard right now, boosting rates by 3x to make things a little easier on players is hardly cause for concern. Sorry but it just isn't. When you assert otherwise, you come across as someone who just wants a super hard game out of reach of most players, which isn't a realistic approach, or someone who wants everyone to be forced to join large clans, also unrealistic.

Edited by boomervoncannon

44 minutes ago, Mr. Sleepyhead said:

Personally i think the base amount of resources you get could increase just a little. like 50% extra.
2,5 times resources is a lot and definately shouldn't stay but i will enjoy gathering and stocking up on everything while it lasts.

so my point being, enjoy easy mode now and complain about balance where it actually matters

The sanctity of fair play inside of an MMORPG is a huge deal guys...

If you want a Power Hour I am game with that, if your not aware of what a power hour is, its the first hour of your game time you earn more xp, in this case you could make it triple resources...  But everybody gets power hour forever....

Events bye there defination are not Normal or regularly schedules so bye definition of an event you are UNBALANCING the game...

3 Times more resources means we can build 3 times more Infrastructure in our base then we could have without it...

How is this fair for the new player who joins after the event who then comes to my base that now has three times the artillery and swivel guns ready to mow him down!

No there are somethings that you don't mess with and need to stay constant for this very reason!  Fairness....

If you want a Power Hour I am game with that, if your not aware of what a power hour is, its the first hour of your game time you earn more xp, in this case you could make it triple resources...  But everybody gets power hour forever....

Events bye there defination are not Normal or regularly schedules so bye definition of an event you are UNBALANCING the game...

3 Times more resources means we can build 3 times more Infrastructure in our base then we could have without it...

How is this fair for the new player who joins after the event who then comes to my base that now has three times the artillery and swivel guns ready to mow him down!

No there are somethings that you don't mess with and need to stay constant for this very reason!  Fairness....

Then they would have to make this a regular thing.

Like a lot of people already said, there are many MMORPG's that have regular x2 XP weekends and stuff

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Sorry but I do not buy the assertion that events like this are not normal and are inherently unbalancing, as it goes against many years of personal MMORPG experience. You're also exaggerating when you say forever, as we all know the event is for a limited time.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Telling that it give an advantage to one compared to another is wrong is it is set for everyone , if you can build 3 times more building it alsa give this advantage to a new player , giving him the chance (like I had) to construct much quicker and set up my own house .