Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

Factions

If they do go ahead with factions then i'd like to see it as a simple navy versus pyrate, where you choose your side at the start screen. maybe with the ability to change sides but earn a bounty on your head if you do, Choosing your own country naval flag would be a nice feature too. I mean who doesn't like a  straight forward cops n robbers style of entertainment? And at least it would be in keeping with the golden age of pyracy.

Navy vs Pirate vs Pirate vs Pirate? There can only be 1 pirate king :P since it is a new thing for them to be even thinking about, there are soo many ways they could implement thing..  A few Pirate groups, Navy vs pirate, Navy Pirate merchant and depending on how far they go with the Atlas lore by the end I could see even a racial faction.  Atlas in in an era that would equal "Golden Age of Pirates" for earth  standards but,  it is a world with its own history and in its timeline it was way more advanced then it is now.  (unless they scrap the powerstone stuff all together and make it just a flat pirate game using earths history for all of its content of course. (both ways as long as it fully shows one pather or the other, would be immersive, imo.)

52 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

If they do go ahead with factions then i'd like to see it as a simple navy versus pyrate, where you choose your side at the start screen. maybe with the ability to change sides but earn a bounty on your head if you do, Choosing your own country naval flag would be a nice feature too. I mean who doesn't like a  straight forward cops n robbers style of entertainment? And at least it would be in keeping with the golden age of pyracy.

Hell yeah whitehawk. Now you are talking my language. I have been pushing for two factions for a long time now.

the only thing is with factions there is really no need for the claim system anymore which is also good. No more flags, just 2 massive factions going at it.

Edited by Realist

Make it at least 3  factions, and I am good. 😛 So you will have. popular, popular and those that don't like to conform to a popular faction  lol

42 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Make it at least 3  factions, and I am good. 😛 So you will have. popular, popular and those that don't like to conform to a popular faction  lol

actually tri-realm is the best way to go with pvp , 1 dominates , the 2 underdogs gang up. keeps things dynamic

Edited by Remo
  • Thanks 2

"😭 I am not able to do diplomacy - like just talking to other players in a MMO.
So please give me factions so at least someone is forced to play 'with' me...!
I don't mind if that destroys the game and mechanics, which was not for me to play in the first place...
Don't tell me it is working fine for everyone else, if it is not working for me...!
Only the dogs like to play with me, because mother puts a piece of meat around my neck. But meat is getting too expensive..."

Factions are crap for pvp imo, but if it's something optional they add for pve, and i can keep playing the current FFA conquer the world and raid whoever i want playstyle in which i choose who i am allied with, im fine with it. 

36 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

"😭 I am not able to do diplomacy - like just talking to other players in a MMO.
So please give me factions so at least someone is forced to play 'with' me...!
I don't mind if that destroys the game and mechanics, which was not for me to play in the first place...
Don't tell me it is working fine for everyone else, if it is not working for me...!
Only the dogs like to play with me, because mother puts a piece of meat around my neck. But meat is getting too expensive..."

Wow. This has to be one of the worst things I have heard on here.  whitehawk and I might not get along that well but there is no reason for you to be acting like that. That was very childish and disrespectful to someone suggesting an idea. Smh

59 minutes ago, Realist said:

Wow. This has to be one of the worst things I have heard on here.  whitehawk and I might not get along that well but there is no reason for you to be acting like that. That was very childish and disrespectful to someone suggesting an idea. Smh

Watch it... not that you hurt yourself by trying to reach for the moral high ground from under the bridge...

If you want factions to destroy all PVP... go to WOW, it is there for you... it is made for that...
we pirates like to be free...

Yeah I know, right?  Pirates in a pirate game... crazy...!!!

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of factions but, like @Remo, have 3, at least. Navy, privateer and pirate. Actually, add a merchant faction as well. All with different bonuses. 

Meh, I don't like factions for this game.

Well it didn't occur to some that I might not be up for the idea of factions myself but as you musta read I said if they do go ahead with factions then I'd like to see just two simple factions. Eso have 3 for pvp and In my experience it's the two strongest that team up unfortunately. So i'd rather just have two. If it was balanced properly it could work, and at least in pvp it would take away the spiteful bored player who has no one to fight so blows up your base while you are offline because you are a smaller group and can't retaliate. Which has happened to me, in conan exiles. Also to be pyrates you do have to have someone to pyrate against and two factions would level the playing field in terms of numbers. Oh and as for the snarky little jibe,Baah, at my age i'm more bothered by blockages in my sewage pipe than verbal sewage on a forum, but thx for trying anyway.

Edited by Whitehawk

I'm not a fan of factions, it's a different game.

I could be a fan of a game like that, but I think that a PVP sandbox game without that shit would be better. That's because it's really difficult to make that PVP game that can have sustainable population.

The reason why 3 factions would be viable, is actually more to do with the way that the game can provide a way for you to get back on your feet after you get your ass handed to you. I will have to find this thread from ark forums, or just work it out myself someday, where a person made a really nice explanation as to why. I haven't played it, but this person used DAOC as an example.

Whitehawk what you have posted is kinda confusing. If there is 2 factions, and one is the strongest and doesn't need to team up they just beat up the other faction, what happens next? With 3 factions, there is at least some chance for something to happen, yes?

Guess by Factions it was more ment to be NPC Factions that will be added And where you can build up a Reputation And stuff.

Well I noticed the devs said they were considering factions so I thought i'd start a thread about it. I've played Eso and WOW for literally years and for good or bad they've both had this kind of system. The reason I think 2 factions works better than 3 is self explanatory in a way meaning how popular cops n robbers, goodie vs baddie style games and tv media has been over the years. I also think two is more straight forward and simpler to understand. I remember years ago when I first joined ESO I couldn't make my mind up which faction to join it took ages cos there were 3 to choose from. Bearing in mind on ESO you can play multiple characters, here you cannot. For me if it was just Pyrate or navy I'd go straight for Pyrate, but If they gave you the option to change sides i'd prob do that too just for the different experience. Either way it's worth debating as it is something the devs are considering. Better to get your voice in now than when it's too late.