Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate Powa

Alpha Spawns are too much, And Animal Spawns in general for that matter

Exactly what the title says.

This needs to be changed, 90%  of my time in this game is spent getting my gear back from 1 of the 5-10 Alpha Lions/Wolves on the island, along with their army of 30+ wolves.
It's not a big island.

• Like 2

yesterday 

yesterday i was able to stand my ground, but when i joined today, all these get aggro. its like there spawned even more than yesterday.

snakes1.thumb.png.f8004a27de2b84a88d487c96362cd6de.png

i have ~50 arrows left. kiting and getting more fiber is impossible, cause the forest back there is filled with wolves and lions.

The new patch inflated the spawns for some reason. But I'm also for them toning down all the aggressive animals tenfold because even before the patch you couldn't take three steps without something aggroing onto you. 

i managed to deal with the snakes.  but they just keep respawning right next to the building. that definitely wasnt there yesterday. 

The further away you are from the equator the more dangerous and plentiful the animals are.

Seriously, some islands you see no animal life, but then you move further out from center and it gets very wild, its good as is.

Either deal with the critters or dont live somewhere you cant handle.

Yes, Alpha are too much and too strong (an Alpha is a group leader...if there are animals lvl 10 WHY the Alpha is 250?).

i have 2 alpha crocodile (male and female….with bonus!) in my base, you cannot kill them, it has life at 10% and go under the water and return full….

Not only are Alpha Spawns way to much *everywhere* the normal animals are so numerous that if you don't have the means to defend yourself, you'll be mobbed by so many. We have a small base and there's Alpha Vultures and regular wolves constantly mobbing our door. We can't even farm to get mats because the wolves, lions, and snakes are to numerous. 

• Like 1

Yeah these animals need a bit of a taming down. When one little area has 4 alphas popping up every so often things are in need of some tweaking.

Agreed, their are way to many alpha spawns.  Also, there is no need to have an entire island filled with instant aggro animals.  They aggro from, what feel like, half way across the island, and they don't stop.  It is a little ridiculous to have 5 or 6 aggros at once from different creatures that seem to just randomly come from everywhere when you step foot on an island or outside a structure.

+1 to tone it down a lot

Came back onto server. i was dead, killed by a lion, which probaly spawned in my hut.  

lion.thumb.png.4d814ec0be07738657184942f94ddb00.png

Have this waiting outside.alphalol.thumb.png.097048d1868fcc46075204a44ebd59d8.png

Theres an Alpha Lion.  Somehow didnt put my pistol into the stash, but the rotten meat.  10 Iron are missing to craft a new one  PepeHands

On top of the alphas and spawns being absurd, the animal knock back is insane, you cant even properly fight wolves or lions without ranged, because melee weapons are pure GARBAGE, who would have thought a sword would do 31 damage, when a bow with stone arrows does 43? It takes 10-15 hits to kill even low level things, let alone the fact that you have to STOP to swing, you cant avoid them or time swings in between the animals bite because of how fast they attack. I am level 43 right now and killing a single wolf with a melee weapon is near suicide, if you do your armor will be nearly broken and  you will be almost dead.

Guns are the only way to survive right now in wolf/lion spawning areas. You one shot them with rifles or pistols.

In Ark, I would run around with a spear and kill T-rexes, pretty easily, in DnL I could kill anything with melee weapons, this is basically suicide to even attempt it.

Edited by Evir

tried to get metal from starter island. raft was stuck between zones. disappeared. tried to visit other starter areas. stuck on dead server for 6h or something.  bed in base gone. claim of base gone (pve). kill me

Edited by whatafck

The crazy animals are worse than ANYTHING in Ark.  At one point I had two Crocodiles on my Raft, with me on the beach fleeing on the shore being pursued by two more Crocodiles, an Alpha Crocodile and at least one Giant Snake.  The more I ran the bigger the mob chasing me became.  I wasn't getting enough time to gather Fiber for Arrows, never mind build a shack on my claimed land.  They would just not quit... it was INSANE.

Other people had it as bad.  Everywhere I looked, people were mobbed by Crocodiles, Vultures and Snakes.  Even sailing at top speed on my Raft I often had two Crocodiles chomping on the back of the Raft, quite a way out at sea, and me with no more Arrows or Spears because I couldn't even grab the resources for them. As I say... insane.  Quite the rush though!  😄

Unlike ARK, these critters will spawn right on top of you. They spawn inside your claimed area, maybe inside a fenced area (don't have a fence to test that).

One improvement they could make, is block spawns of aggressive animals in claimed territory. This way, if you don''t want those spawns, just make sure someone has claimed all territory. If you do, don't claim it all.

We sattled on D11 yesterday and got like 5 Alphas now and they are far from dying to anyone here.. 2 Wolfes, 1 Seagull (to be fair.. this one doesnt count), 1 Horse and a Giant Snake.. How are we supposed to start a Game like this when those beats even try to tear down your base? Spawn should get nerfed soo hard