Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

colonies

1 minute ago, lordkhan4444 said:

megas will ruin colonies just give us 5 man companies on a server and game will have success.

To be honest man, the Megas even ruined small tribe servers(6 man) on ark.

enki has some very good ideas as far as moderators though. Almost certain it won’t happen but it they are smart they will do that. 

If admins can be introduced they could literally save their game. Hell they could even go back to the old servers really.

will they do it? I sure hope so because they are really in a bad spot right now regardless of what anyone thinks. It’s bad.

you do realize you could have 2 man companies and megas will still smash you. We will just work together on discord and roll you up.  Im looking forward to finding realist in game to test if his talk matches his in-game skills. Might be a forum whore though, to scared to play. Good luck on wipe day

5 hours ago, scrublord said:

you do realize you could have 2 man companies and megas will still smash you. We will just work together on discord and roll you up.  Im looking forward to finding realist in game to test if his talk matches his in-game skills. Might be a forum whore though, to scared to play. Good luck on wipe day

I dont think he owns the game yet man, but i am sure you will have more fish to fry on opening day lol

7 hours ago, scrublord said:

Yeah I have an Xbox. Once the game comes to console you can definitely test me. 

9 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

megas will ruin colonies just give us 5 man companies on a server and game will have success.

They will gather up on discord m8. No matter how small companies will be they will just work together. There is no way how to prevent this.

The only solution is smaller groups working together against a mega. Majority of prople don't play in Megas, do some politics, defend and retaliate against Megas instead of fighting each other.

20 hours ago, Willard said:

They will gather up on discord m8. No matter how small companies will be they will just work together. There is no way how to prevent this.

The only solution is smaller groups working together against a mega. Majority of prople don't play in Megas, do some politics, defend and retaliate against Megas instead of fighting each other.

Without official alliances, that becomes much harder.  So you are being attacked.  You have about the same amount of people on as those attacking you.  But you call your Allies.  Suddenly you have 4 times the numbers that the attackers do.  But, this works because your defensive guns don't shoot at them, because they are allies.  If they are not official allies, it limits how much they can help, because your guns will shoot at them.  You might mistake them for the enemy and lob a mortar onto them, etc...   It is the official alliance that helps them.  And limiting alliance by number of companies, instead of members, helps the Megas.  They will have larger companies, and Alliances.  Who is going to want an Alliance with a 5 man company, when it automatically caps your alliance to 45 less than the maximum, at best?  No, small companies will get shut out.  Now, when you ask for an Alliance, the first question is going to be, "how many members do you have?"

A limit an Alliance size is good.  Limiting the alliance by number of companies, only helps the Megas.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

15 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Without official alliances, that becomes much harder.  So you are being attacked.  You have about the same amount of people on as those attacking you.  But you call your Allies.  Suddenly you have 4 times the numbers that the attackers do.  But, this works because your defensive guns don't shoot at them, because they are allies.  If they are not official allies, it limits how much they can help, because your guns will shoot at them.  You might mistake them for the enemy and lob a mortar onto them, etc...   It is the official alliance that helps them.  And limiting alliance by number of companies, instead of members, helps the Megas.  They will have larger companies, and Alliances.  Who is going to want an Alliance with a 5 man company, when it automatically caps your alliance to 45 less than the maximum, at best?  No, small companies will get shut out.  Now, when you ask for an Alliance, the first question is going to be, "how many members do you have?"

A limit an Alliance size is good.  Limiting the alliance by number of companies, only helps the Megas.

I do not get the feeling that you play pvp. I could be wrong but I think your only looking at mega vs small tribe from the mega on the offensive. When a bunch of ‘small’ tribes join up and hit megas in different regions at once and just grief megas it is actually quite fun. In a megas I wager that 10% maybe 20% are actually pvp gods that you think. This being said that leaves you with 80-90% of megas susceptible to funny griefing as they try to farm, tame, or build up. 

1 hour ago, V0id3d said:

I do not get the feeling that you play pvp. I could be wrong but I think your only looking at mega vs small tribe from the mega on the offensive. When a bunch of ‘small’ tribes join up and hit megas in different regions at once and just grief megas it is actually quite fun. In a megas I wager that 10% maybe 20% are actually pvp gods that you think. This being said that leaves you with 80-90% of megas susceptible to funny griefing as they try to farm, tame, or build up. 

I have only played PvP in this game.

19 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I have only played PvP in this game.

Then you to must know the joy of shooting a guy building his pve house while he thought he was ‘safe’ in the confines of a megas borders. Or fucking up his tame

Edited by V0id3d

4 hours ago, V0id3d said:

Then you to must know the joy of shooting a guy building his pve house while he thought he was ‘safe’ in the confines of a megas borders. Or fucking up his tame

I don't consider that to be hard core PvP.  I do not PvP to cause pain to other people, or to educate them, or ruin his day.  I PvP for the challenge.  If not for that challenge, I would only play good single player games, such as the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc...

When I played WWIIOL, I went there to play as infantry.  I was with a group that had played the Delta Force series.  We intended to be a special forces infantry group.  That game had a launch more horrible than Atlas.  At a time where games released on CDs and DVDs, and were complete and polished, WWIIOL launched in Alpha state.  They eventually turned it into an incredible game, but many left before that happened.  Our squad broke apart, so I started just playing the game with a couple of friends, as well as lone-wolfing.  At some point, I chose to try the tanks.  My first experience was less than glorious.   WTF killed without a clue how it happened.  That inspired me to learn how to use those tanks, and excel with them.  I did that.  I started finishing campaigns in the top 25.  Never finished #1, but some of the Devs, at a convention, made it clear to me that they believed me to be the #1, after following all of the top players.  Because it was a subscription game, they had the most aggressive anti-cheat policy I have ever seen.  If you were unusually successful, and or, had many accusations of cheating, they followed you to see if you were cheating.  They pointed out that I was the only one in the top of the leaderboards who did not cut supply to get there.  Cutting supply was basically camping the resupply routes to catch those resupplying.  It was near impossible to combat them.  You just hoped you didn't run into them.  Many of my deaths came to them.

The point being that I was, and still am the type that does PvP for the challenge.  But there is a huge difference between a challenge, and a lost cause.  Frankly, I am losing my passion for this game due to my realization that it isn't really about the PvP.  It's about production.  I definitely preferred WWIIOL, where everything was about as equal as it could be.  Slight differences in equipment, which required different strategies to be successful, but it was possible to be successful no matter what you used.  Games like this are different.  Some guy with vanilla ship and cannons, has zero chance against somebody who has BPs, and knows how to fight.  When you can't even carry enough ammo to defeat him, and his cannons strip your planks in one shot, that fight is only going to end one way, even if he sucks as a captain.  That just doesn't excite me either way.  Being the guy with vanilla would be frustration, and being the guy with the BP ship would be boring, in that fight.

I realize that this attitude makes me much different than most who play games...most for whom winning is the only thing that matters, no matter how that happens.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, Willard said:

There is actually. With dedicated and careful administration of smalltribes oficial servers. Every suspicion of circumventing cap should be reviewed and action taken. If you see 12 guilds attacking 1 that should be investigated thoroughly and even a suspicion of teaming should result in basewipe and temp ban. 

Active GM would prevent glitching an dexploiting as well.

No one is barring you to have 100 friends that you want to team up with. Just do it on Empires.

8 minutes ago, gnihar said:

There is actually. With dedicated and careful administration of smalltribes oficial servers. Every suspicion of circumventing cap should be reviewed and action taken. If you see 12 guilds attacking 1 that should be investigated thoroughly and even a suspicion of teaming should result in basewipe and temp ban. 

Active GM would prevent glitching an dexploiting as well.

No one is barring you to have 100 friends that you want to team up with. Just do it on Empires.

And i have to ask who will pay for this type of moderation? because the way i see it right now and for the last number of weeks a huge decline in the player base.

Is this supposed to be an MMO?  The talk here makes it sound like its supposed to be small team based play.  Hell WoT has larger teams then what you guys are talking about.  In all the MMO's I have played my groups are usually around 10-30 at the largest.  In all these games we were considered small.  None of what is being discussed makes any sense at all. 

41 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

And i have to ask who will pay for this type of moderation? because the way i see it right now and for the last number of weeks a huge decline in the player base.

unpaid player moderators like they have in runescape. would work like a charm. system has worked for almost 20 years.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

unpaid player moderators like they have in runescape. would work like a charm. system has worked for almost 20 years.

Yeah thats one way to do it. Much like the Guide system, we had in EQ, and that. There was many games with that system too and it worked well.

10 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I don't consider that to be hard core PvP.  I do not PvP to cause pain to other people, or to educate them, or ruin his day.  I PvP for the challenge.  If not for that challenge, I would only play good single player games, such as the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 3, Skyrim, etc...

When I played WWIIOL, I went there to play as infantry.  I was with a group that had played the Delta Force series.  We intended to be a special forces infantry group.  That game had a launch more horrible than Atlas.  At a time where games released on CDs and DVDs, and were complete and polished, WWIIOL launched in Alpha state.  They eventually turned it into an incredible game, but many left before that happened.  Our squad broke apart, so I started just playing the game with a couple of friends, as well as lone-wolfing.  At some point, I chose to try the tanks.  My first experience was less than glorious.   WTF killed without a clue how it happened.  That inspired me to learn how to use those tanks, and excel with them.  I did that.  I started finishing campaigns in the top 25.  Never finished #1, but some of the Devs, at a convention, made it clear to me that they believed me to be the #1, after following all of the top players.  Because it was a subscription game, they had the most aggressive anti-cheat policy I have ever seen.  If you were unusually successful, and or, had many accusations of cheating, they followed you to see if you were cheating.  They pointed out that I was the only one in the top of the leaderboards who did not cut supply to get there.  Cutting supply was basically camping the resupply routes to catch those resupplying.  It was near impossible to combat them.  You just hoped you didn't run into them.  Many of my deaths came to them.

The point being that I was, and still am the type that does PvP for the challenge.  But there is a huge difference between a challenge, and a lost cause.  Frankly, I am losing my passion for this game due to my realization that it isn't really about the PvP.  It's about production.  I definitely preferred WWIIOL, where everything was about as equal as it could be.  Slight differences in equipment, which required different strategies to be successful, but it was possible to be successful no matter what you used.  Games like this are different.  Some guy with vanilla ship and cannons, has zero chance against somebody who has BPs, and knows how to fight.  When you can't even carry enough ammo to defeat him, and his cannons strip your planks in one shot, that fight is only going to end one way, even if he sucks as a captain.  That just doesn't excite me either way.  Being the guy with vanilla would be frustration, and being the guy with the BP ship would be boring, in that fight.

I realize that this attitude makes me much different than most who play games...most for whom winning is the only thing that matters, no matter how that happens.

My comment is based on an assumed  hatred for mega companies. Stripping the benefits that a mega provides is how you fight mega companies. The game will always be about production as that is how you progress in this game. Eventually people in the mega companies that are not their hardcore PvPers will realize that the reason they are being targeted is because they are in that company will either branch out or quit thus weakening the mega you are attacking. People view it as griefing others view it as a different attack vector. The new system forces you to align to a mega and interact with people the mmo side of things. I am merely stating this so people do not think that a bunch of small tribes can’t repel megas. If a bunch of small tribes take a tile and each holds an island on said tile with each islands vulnerability window in different time zone this allows for round robin with your ships being protected while your not on thus allowing you to build up. 

18 hours ago, V0id3d said:

My comment is based on an assumed  hatred for mega companies. Stripping the benefits that a mega provides is how you fight mega companies. The game will always be about production as that is how you progress in this game. Eventually people in the mega companies that are not their hardcore PvPers will realize that the reason they are being targeted is because they are in that company will either branch out or quit thus weakening the mega you are attacking. People view it as griefing others view it as a different attack vector. The new system forces you to align to a mega and interact with people the mmo side of things. I am merely stating this so people do not think that a bunch of small tribes can’t repel megas. If a bunch of small tribes take a tile and each holds an island on said tile with each islands vulnerability window in different time zone this allows for round robin with your ships being protected while your not on thus allowing you to build up. 

I get that, and even in WWIIOL, those who cut supply, would rightly argue that what they were doing, really helped their side, and was smart play.  As I said, I'm different.  I want pure PvP.  Skill being the deciding factor in a fight, not who had the time to farm the supplies for enhanced BPs.  This is a failing of the game, not of the players.  Just as I would argue that offline raids were smart to do, but a failing of the game when it allowed them to happen.

If I make it onto somebody's ship, and fight him, I want the end result to be that the winner was more skilled, not just had drastically better equipment.  I see no value in a fight where one guy has 100% cannons, planks and sails, and the other guy has 600% cannons, sails and planks.  Why even fight that fight?  It is only ever going to go one way.  Same if one guy has a 100% pistol, and the other guy has a 500% pistol.  It's going to end just one way, so why do it.

That's why I never cut supply.  The fights only went one way.  There was no fight.  I tried it a few times, and ended up disagreeing with the guy who suggested I do it.  He said it was a whole lot of boredom, punctuated by brief moments of excitement.  I responded, "it was a whole lot of boredom, punctuated by brief moments of more boredom."  No challenge.

But, at the same time, I would not have continuously used the Brit scout car to hunt Tigers.  That would be pointless.

The biggest problem I have with the game, is that it is not noob friendly.  This means it will die fast.  Noob friendly doesn't mean easy.  WWIIOL, I would classify as noob friendly, but at the same time, very hard.  Noob friendly because it didn't take long to get into the best equipment, but hard because it was very easy to die in the game...very easy.  One solid hit by a noob, and you were dead, no matter who you were.  This game will not be like that at all.  I've seen how both this game operate, and the ARK operated.  A new tribe/company moves in.  People watch them.  Once they have built up a little bit, but nowhere near well enough to compete with you, you hit them, and hit them hard.  You bring more numbers, and that combined with superior equipment, tames, and knowledge of the game, means that is ending just one way.  Seen it happen to people a lot.  Eventually they leave.