Sign in to follow this  
Eve BlackVeil

PVE ONLY. Normal vs Lawless

So after the wipe what will the difference be between the old claimable islands and lawless then? What is my benefit for living on one versus the other? Or will they be basically the same now.

I guess thats it. But i think its not quite clear for now. They will present more changes for pve.

Edited by Willard

i dont think the changes they listed in the captains log for pve will go live , there was too much feedback about the proposed changes , i think we will see the flags but with limits per company and upkeep , 

as the community manager has confirmed they are listening and have a good idea what the player base is wanting 

the flag claim was good idea just poorly implemented , cap the amount of claims per company and add upkeep to them , job done , 

Edited by UDO

Yeah specific details are still to come, for example the structure upkeep. I'm assuming here (maybe they confirmed it) but Lawless will remain the same, i.e. 4 days structure decay, but on other islands that will be based on the upkeep structure, which we don't know yet what resources will be required and how long they last.

Is not the lawless area not automatically repaired?
I understand that patch.

22 minutes ago, mishma said:

Is not the lawless area not automatically repaired?
I understand that patch.

My guess is, and this is only a guess, that either: A) the lawless zones are going away because honestly what's the point or B) you won't be able to build the auto repair box in lawless. 

Pretty sure PVE lawless is just going away though. If it's not, it should be, because when every zone is essentially lawless and players can start anywhere, there's no point in them. 

Lawless - Only costs you logging in.  It only lasts 4 days but as long as you log in every 4 days, you will never lose anything.  You have to touch your stuff, but that's it

Standard - Costs you resources, but presumably will last longer than 4 days (if it doesn't then god help me I will need to slap somebody for not thinking it through).  You don't have to log in as often, but you have to do more work when you do.

That's really the main difference, with the system they outlined, for PVE.  Lawless is low effort but you gotta log in a lot, Standard is more effort but you can take longer breaks.

48 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yeah specific details are still to come, for example the structure upkeep. I'm assuming here (maybe they confirmed it) but Lawless will remain the same, i.e. 4 days structure decay, but on other islands that will be based on the upkeep structure, which we don't know yet what resources will be required and how long they last.

Presumably your structures just take constant HP damage, like 5% per day (which would give you a 20 day timeout and is a sensible number), and have to be repaired using resources similar to a ship's resource box crew auto repair.  So the resources are "whatever would be needed to repair what you built."

Build in Thatch as much as possible.

28 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Presumably your structures just take constant HP damage, like 5% per day (which would give you a 20 day timeout and is a sensible number), and have to be repaired using resources similar to a ship's resource box crew auto repair.  So the resources are "whatever would be needed to repair what you built."

Build in Thatch as much as possible.

That's what i'm thinking and if it does give a 20 day period like before then i'm happy with that. We don't need constant farming anymore than what we already do.