Sign in to follow this  
hiddenftw

since no flags on PVE

why not only wipe the flags and people still keep their bases and all and will free up a lot of place 🙂 basicly is the same thing without to be a griefer heaven . Who had flags all around the map and didn't builded to bad for them they will cant keep the land others can just go there and build … is the same solution as u guy provide us .

Edited by hiddenftw
  • Like 1

Dont complain, you receive wonderful fancy stone pillars in exchange for the lost claim flags😂

Just now, Ben de Witt said:

Jat mentioned, that they also want to wipe because of left over code from bugfixing.

Lmao is only because is more easy for them instead of coding something . 🙂

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

Dont complain, you receive wonderful fancy stone pillars in exchange for the lost claim flags😂

we never had flags we was ok in lawless 🙂 just was a idea . will open so much land if all flags are removed 🙂

While i would have loved to keep all my 700 hours of progress, It doesn't look possible, they will be moving island and buildings are not linked to island so would be in places they likely would be unusable.

Enjoy the 6x until the wipe to finish the projects. take lots of screen shots, make your rebuild plans with your friends.

Things that don't go away.   

Saved Avatar looks, make exactly the character you want to an quickly get into game.

Saved Sail and sign paintings.     Flags will go away.    (I wish they still allows claim flags in PvE just did not do anything).

Friends you made in game, so get out meet the players that are still playing, this is a great time to meet people that really like playing Atlas, you can join them or they can join you with little risk, perfect time to test compatibility

Edited by José Gaspar

Guys, the main reason for the wipe is the addition of 200 extra islands. Either way there will need to be a wipe if you want the 200 extra islands. 

Just now, José Gaspar said:

While i would have loved to keep all my 700 hours of progress, It doesn't look possible, they will be moving island and buildings are not linked to island so would be in places they likely would be unusable.

Enjoy the 6x until the wipe to finish the projects. take lots of screen shots,

pretty sure I wont be to active next 3 weeks its no point 🙂 also to announce a wipe 3 weeks before makes people to don't really wanna do anything ingame .  they will not move islands no problem they will just place new ones ^^ they don't really like to code things . was tons of good ideas on forums they just decided what they blind thinked and don't care about players oppinions .

1 minute ago, hiddenftw said:

pretty sure I wont be to active next 3 weeks its no point 🙂 also to announce a wipe 3 weeks before makes people to don't really wanna do anything ingame .  they will not move islands no problem they will just place new ones ^^ they don't really like to code things . was tons of good ideas on forums they just decided what they blind thinked and don't care about players oppinions .

This is such bullshit. Most of the notes have been suggested here or on reddit before. Stop with spreading nonsense because you don’t like something. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

This is such bullshit. Most of the notes have been suggested here or on reddit before. Stop with spreading nonsense because you don’t like something. 

so many good ideas still they did same crap as in ark . stop being blind 🙂 isnt any nonsense u will see it in 1month+ . if u played ark from begin u know same craps happened there aswell under same management .

4 minutes ago, hiddenftw said:

so many good ideas still they did same crap as in ark . stop being blind 🙂 isnt any nonsense u will see it in 1month+ . if u played ark from begin u know same craps happened there aswell under same management .

Yes I know, what is your point? It seems to me you just joined in with the whole ATLAS game and you’re here to do what others did 3 months ago. 

18 minutes ago, hiddenftw said:

why not only wipe the flags and people still keep their bases and all and will free up a lot of place 🙂 basicly is the same thing without to be a griefer heaven . Who had flags all around the map and didn't builded to bad for them they will cant keep the land others can just go there and build … is the same solution as u guy provide us .

That is not how it works. If they were only revamping claim flags it was possible. But they are making changes to the existing map, adding 1-2 islands per region, changing the Eastern Tundra biome completely also adding underwater trenches in Golden Age Ruins server. So wiping only flags will mess up the existing server code. All they can do so that the game doesn't break after update is keep user character and XP. all other things needs to be wiped to have the game run perfectly. But they are not keeping players' characters because the devs are considering a relaunch rather than update.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Yes I know, what is your point? It seems to me you just joined in with the whole ATLAS game and you’re here to do what others did 3 months ago. 

not really mate im not against wiping was just a idea 🙂 im more up for like limit the flag count to don't give to griefers the heaven place 🙂

No PVE claim flags? So this basically means that all Islands not just Lawless will be covered in a sea of endless pillars and foundation? Right... that's a step in a positive direction.  Most people are asking for a limited claim system not a NO claim system. There have been so many great ideas purposed by the community as how to address this issue but instead we get this crap from far left field??? not to mention it didn't work out on your Ark servers from what I hear. 

Talk about knocking the wind from our sails... 

Edited by WilliamGrayton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hiddenftw said:

I'm not thrilled to lose all that I've built or helped build either, but if you've been around and seen some of the things I've seen, there's no way it was going live like this. And they're making pretty dramatic changes to the entire map from the sounds of it. Hopefully it'll be better for it.  

30 minutes ago, Talono said:

Stone pillars will be your new best friends 😉👍

I agree with that XD