Sign in to follow this  
phelysarrian

cobra (once more)

Just logged in to see my elephant which was on ceilings at 2 wall high held up by pillar was kill by a cobra?!

another FU101 from devs

Just now, TheCoolGuy said:

use tigers to defend your tame. 2-3 kill everything even alphas

Sure but that is not the point. Snakes or anything else what do not fly should not get at tames 2 walls high with no access, this is surely not working as intended.

• Like 1

Just now, phelysarrian said:

Sure but that is not the point. Snakes or anything else what do not fly should not get at tames 2 walls high with no access, this is surely not working as intended.

i agree cobras glitch through everything but i dont think this is high on the priority list for the devs

6 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

i agree cobras glitch through everything but i dont think this is high on the priority list for the devs

Figured, but its raising up on mine as a waste of time to have tame some more from recurrent bug.

Doubling my ceilings at the moment...

Besides - snakes are the only critter aggroing through walls, simply broken.

Edited by phelysarrian
  • Like 1

I place them on boat for now. But that also have some problems. They poff to thin air when transfer sometimes.  Will try to make a dock where I can walk them on boat. Making a dedicated animal boat with no building on it only floor and steering wheel. Will try if I slowly can park it without sails

Edited by awakatanka

32 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

I place them on boat for now. But that also have some problems. They poff to thin air when transfer sometimes.  Will try to make a dock where I can walk them on boat. Making a dedicated animal boat with no building on it only floor and steering wheel. Will try if I slowly can park it without sails

Procedure that do not fail:

• Put your tame behaviour follow on "low"
  • Leave you tame on the shore
  • climb on your boat
  • Target your tame with the spy glass
  • press T
  • They come on board no problem
Edited by phelysarrian
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Caveat said:

It sure would be nice if Cobra's couldn't magically go through any wall.

Well not only cobras but wolves can magically get inside structures as well.

But never lost a single tame to these due to 8 bears, 5 tigers guarding all the tames.

3 hours ago, phelysarrian said:

More than likely, the cobras are not getting the tames through the walls when the tame is 2 walls high. My guess is that the actual bug getting them in the structure you made is the one that allows tames to fall through ceilings to the ground. The elephant is falling to the ground where the cobra has no problem getting to it.

I build a pen that is elevated too, but I also make the area below it secure also, even though I don't put anything down there. I know that the tames will sometimes fall through, usually on a restart of the server, so that area below needs to also be walled off from wild creatures like the cobra.

Another option I'm going to try, is just put them on the ground, but make double walls around them. One inner set of walls to keep your tames confined, and then an outer set, 1 or 2 foundations farther out to keep wild creatures away from the inner walls where they can sometimes attack through walls.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

More than likely, the cobras are not getting the tames through the walls when the tame is 2 walls high. My guess is that the actual bug getting them in the structure you made is the one that allows tames to fall through ceilings to the ground. The elephant is falling to the ground where the cobra has no problem getting to it.

I would have agreed on the falling through ceiling if one of my chicken on the same level had not been tranq'ed. That chicken was not killed and was still on the same floor, so the snake must have reached the 2 high wall distance - somehow - and get to the elephant.

i have put an underfloor now, will see...

5 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

Fixing the graphics glitch is probably time consuming, and they do have other priorities.  But really, in the interim, all they need to do is take them out of the game until they're fixed.  Not time consuming.  Not a big deal.

It is because you can not do without them and Tamming  methode is better then ark. But leave this stupid taming thing in ark. Atlas is not ark. Riding a horse yes, get chicken, cows and pigs yes but the rest no... They can be in the game for looks our danger but not to tame. Come on stop this stupid pushing ark things in. It is another game.........

Crashing through the floor
Comes a fearful roar
COBRA
COBRAAAAAAAaaaa
COBRA
COBRAAAAAAAaaaa
Armies of the game
Will so kill your tame
COBRA
COBRAAAAAAaaaaa
COBRA
COBRAAAAAAaaaaa