Sign in to follow this  
Jorm

Best Changes ever?

Hi,

in my optionion, the Best Changes in a Small patch since Release!
- When it rains, cyclones now only have a 33% chance to occur (previously 100%), and will deal twice as much damage.
Perfect!
- Client-side option to hide the Gamepedia Wiki button in player inventory.

More Perfect!
- On PvE specifically, Ship of the Damned should not attack anchored ships that have not fired upon them.

About Time!
- When gunports are closed they now reduce their specific snapped-cannon weight by 60%, open-ports are default cannon weight.

So its finally Usefull to Craft Gunports? Guys you are going in the Right Direction!
- Gunport crafting and repair costs are now the same as regular planks.

Same.

Guys i love this "Small" Update just keep going.

Other Players, whats your Opinion?

• Like 1

I don't understand the cannon weight with gunports change. It doesn't make any sense or serve any purpose.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nari said:

I don't understand the cannon weight with gunports change. It doesn't make any sense or serve any purpose.

Every Gunport Reduces the Cannons Weight Attached to it. So instead of 12kg a Cannon just has 6 kilo when attached to a gunport

5 minutes ago, Jorm said:

Every Gunport Reduces the Cannons Weight Attached to it. So instead of 12kg a Cannon just has 6 kilo when attached to a gunport

Yes, but why? (Also they have to be closed)

I agree the gunport thing doesn't really make sense.. why would it weigh less, it's still a full weight cannon... please do explain. The other updates are good. I actually sailed through an entire storm this evening and saw NO CYCLONES I was amazed... is this real?

14 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I agree the gunport thing doesn't really make sense.. why would it weigh less, it's still a full weight cannon... please do explain. The other updates are good. I actually sailed through an entire storm this evening and saw NO CYCLONES I was amazed... is this real?

Incentive to actually use the ports I guess? How about restricting cannons to ports only and then maybe buff them? It would be much easier to balance and at the same time would free up weight! 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nari said:

It was always there, they just changed the value. this is why you see you sail slower with gunports open. I don´t get tho why we need these rocket science solutions to just add a 5 or 10% speed debuff when gunports are open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shintai said:

I don´t get tho why we need these rocket science solutions to just add a 5 or 10% speed debuff when gunports are open.

We don't and it should be removed imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shintai said:

It was always there, they just changed the value. this is why you see you sail slower with gunports open. I don´t get tho why we need these rocket science solutions to just add a 5 or 10% speed debuff when gunports are open.

Ah I knew that having them opened slowed you down but didn't realize it had to do with weight just assumed it was related to the ship's max speed dropping. Silly when you consider some of the huge things people build above deck into, in front of and behind the sails and they take no penalty to any ship stats.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sand man said:

Land claim system needs a major rethink.

Kicking in an open door, nice one. If you would have done research you would know they are working on that 😉