Sign in to follow this  
Naviss

Less Cyclones?

So... I'm not seeing it. Out of the 3 storms I've had tonight, All 3 spawned Cyclones. lol Seems like 100% chance still..

Has anyone else noticed rain without cyclones?

I still think 33% is to high. Make is 5%, and do 100% more damage then they do now. 

I know they just doubled the damaged, And yes I could feel it in my planks but unless there was a SOTD, I'd be fine just sailing right through them as I did tonight. 

So... Cyclones still aren't scary, only a annoyance in minor damage, and wind changes. And still spawn 100% of the time for me thus far 3/3. 

There's 3 you can't see in this pic bringing the total to 11.

MQxYH43.png

Cyclones just hit 2x harder now.

Edited by Nari

It's supposed to be that each storm only has 33% chance to have cyclones at all.  there should be just as many when there are cyclones.  So what's wrong is that every storm is having them still.

19 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

It's supposed to be that each storm only has 33% chance to have cyclones at all.  there should be just as many when there are cyclones.  So what's wrong is that every storm is having them still.

Well for one it looks absolutely ridiculous not to mention that it doesn't feel at all realistic. The game would be far better of just having one very large tornado that sucked in any ships that got too close doing large damage to them.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Well for one it looks absolutely ridiculous not to mention that it doesn't feel at all realistic. The game would be far better of just having one very large tornado that sucked in any ships that got too close doing large damage to them.

Yeah .. make some storms that actually moved around the maps .. maybe in a somewhat fixed pattern so you would have cyclone zones .. just like in real life.

Make it spawn a different type of weather for the map its on, thats wilder than the normal rain, and have it last for X amount of time, then go dormant for a while and respawn along its path, and ofcourse then ramp up the damage so when you see it comming you are not just go straight through it and go below deck and repair planks till your out.

• Like 1

I read this patch as... 33% to spawn cyclones during each storm as like constantly. Not the Entire storm.. guess I have been lucky on the few I have sailed in tonight. I was expecting  to always get a few cyclones in a storm just not 10 around my boat constantly respawning in front of me.

Cyclone and ghost ships seem like nothing but to keep ships destroyed cant even go sailing afk for few minutes without being teamed up on by ghost ships and cyclones hahahaha

6 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I read this patch as... 33% to spawn cyclones during each storm as like constantly. Not the Entire storm.. guess I have been lucky on the few I have sailed in tonight. I was expecting  to always get a few cyclones in a storm just not 10 around my boat constantly respawning in front of me.

The devs sure do love their tornadoes. I guess having tornadoes randomly spawn next to your boat constnatly is one of those awesome original features that they are really passionate about keeping in the game even though most actual players would be much less enthusiastic about the whole idea..

1 minute ago, Epicstankyy said:

Cyclone and ghost ships seem like nothing but to keep ships destroyed cant even go sailing afk for few minutes without being teamed up on by ghost ships and cyclones hahahaha

Its a sneaky way to make the long boring monotonous trips in the ocean feel 'exciting'.

Lots of homing cyclones, cant even tell if they changed anything besides just upping the damage.

Why can´t we just have...rain without cyclones. I also want to see snow in the tundra/polar. cyclones in the tundra is also quite immersion breaking.

15 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Lots of homing cyclones, cant even tell if they changed anything besides just upping the damage.

Why can´t we just have...rain without cyclones. I also want to see snow in the tundra/polar. cyclones in the tundra is also quite immersion breaking.

agreed. also: i dont know if its my graphics settings but the snow is so bright that i have to adjust my gamma settings every (ingame) day. that means i have to turn gamma all the way down at daytime and gamma all the way up at nighttime.

there is fog almost everyday in the tundra. that might be realistic but annoying too

Edited by TheCoolGuy

2 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

agreed. also: i dont know if its my graphics settings but the snow is so bright that i have to adjust my gamma settings every (ingame) day. that means i have to turn gamma all the way down at daytime and gamma all the way up at nighttime.

there is fog almost everyday in the tundra. that might be realistic but annoying too

Yea I noticed this in polar regions the fog is insanely bright. On the other side of the token at night with the fog I can't see more than just off my bow. It's like flying IFR in a plane have to trust the old map and watch my dot moving across it and  be ready at any moment when the glow of a ghost ship appears dead ahead of me. Definitely adds some challenge to sailing. I rarely touch the gamma settings though I have my monitors calibrated and I hate having to over expose  to make it bright. They really should just resolve the lightning and make it decent across the board. Although from a new moon with thick fog/clouds it's pretty spot on for how dark it would actually be without lights.