Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

FIX the bug with NPC "fire at ships only"

Just online now and the Chinese have lured a ghost ship near to our base, luckily I seen it happen and destroyed it but not before it destroyed 2 large ships of my neighbour, he is 1 man company and is offline, feel so bad for him.

All I could do was demolish his ship and put most of his stuff in a box for when he is next online.

Please fix the bug with NPC option for "fire at ships only" i've recently build a tower to stop these ghost ships but I can't keep them turned on, they will fire at everything that moves. I don't have the resources to put unlimited ammo in the box for them.

I can't put gates in the sea either, there is just no way to stop people luring these ghost ships in. I don't want all my ships to be destroyed when I'm offline also. Fix the NPC bug and they can bring as many Ghost ships in as they want.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arzosah said:

There's a bug fix forums, and you can up vote items that the community want's fixed.

I've put it in there also although I find people don't generally see it as it gets moved to the back and they don't bother to go through them. I'm not optimistic about it getting fixed to be honest but I hope it does.

5 hours ago, arzosah said:

There's a bug fix forums, and you can up vote items that the community want's fixed.

Here's the problem with the Bug Fix Forum...most people never look in there.  You can literally see several posts about a subject on this forum, then go to the Bug Fix forum, create a post about it, and it gets zero replies.

What a community manager needs to do, is take all submissions in a week, reduce the submission to one or two sentences, and then make a poll in general. 

So they need to move them here, in a single poll, but not a normal poll.  If you give one vote, all you might learn is which item is the most important.  If one stands out as the most important, 85% might vote for it, but what about 2nd, and 3rd most important.  The other 15% determine that, but would something else be voted as second most important if the 85% got a second vote?  But you don't want unlimited votes because some would just vote for everything. 

So what you do is have a ranking poll.  Suppose 17 submissions happen this week, the poll would have 17 options.  If I list a specific item as #1, it gets 17 points.  If I list another option as least important, it gets one point.  Thus, the item that is actually the most important, gets the most points...even if it was never selected as #1 by anyone.  It may have been selected as #2 by nearly everyone, and #3 by the remainder.  Meanwhile, everyone was very divided on which item was most important.  Pet peeves, etc...

This is how you would find out which is most important.  The present system doesn't really do that.  People will upvote everything....or nothing at all.  And time becomes an issue as they just don't have time to read every post.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1