Treysar

Another Chinese Exploit?

1st of all I didn’t mention your name or post the screenshots because I was not involved with what transpired. I don’t agree with your actions and could possible explain what I believe happened but since you have your mind made up and 100% sure they cheated to obtain the land they now own I see no reason to waste my time. I just unclaimed a small offset near your boat, it has a few trees , rocks and very little fiber but it is a large area. I mention this to show you I am sorry things happened the way they did but there is other land out there.  I only hope that they find a fix for what you did because I personally would be heartbroken to have the same thing happen to my ships. It’s something I’ve placed a lot of time into and that is my biggest worry right now is that someone will do the same to me that you’ve done to them.  I don’t do much sailing at the moment but I have plans to start venturing out more and more. 

I’ve got well over 200 hours in the game now and plan to be well in the thousands when all is said and done.

I don’t play pvp because I don’t want to lose my stuff anymore than anybody else including you. There are good people on our Island and I’m sure they would have offered to help you out. If you would have opened with my land got stolen instead of I lured SOTD in to wipe all their ships out I would have mentioned the land I just unclaimed but I personally have no use for people who desires to destroy what someone else has built. The land is unclaimed at this moment for how long I don’t know, it took me 5 flags to hold all of it and now It’s open for grabs.

I wish you the best of luck and if you decide to destroy my ships as well, then I guess the ramshackle sloop will be the way to go.

15 hours ago, Relleron said:

If you make a ship invulnerable while anchored... what's stopping you from luring lvl 50 SotD to your anchored ships while you blast them with the cannons?

And even if you make anchored ships unable to fire their cannons, what's stopping you from using anchored ships to tank the SotD?

Then why not set it to where you can’t use nothing so close to an island, why not have it setup just so you the only battles you do are at sea

Furthermore for anyone defending this type of behavior is either guilty of it themselves or not had it done to them in my opinion, if your going to say we are asking for to much to protect our stuff as we log off to go to sleep, work ect. even though we are in a pve game and not a pvp game then why fix anything,? I mean the over weighing of ships is the same thing is it not. One player uses the items he carries  to sink your ship and the other player lures in SOTD to sink your ships. Same ending just a different means to do it, both types of people are using the game mechanics to do wrong to someone else. That type of behavior should be allowed in pvp but not in PVE. 

One person says to build lookout towers and place canons and npc to fight the ghost ships, hmm, well let’s see do I have the resources to build said fortress and the gold to pay for the npcs to watch over my stuff, I mean you would have to have enough canons and npc’s to wipe out SOTD just as soon as they were in range because it couldn’t be a ongoing battle or your ships would still get sunk in the cross fire and you’ve accomplished nothing but wasting resources, gold and time. 

No if you’re saying all this stuff should be legal in PVE then perhaps you should be playing pvp because I don’t really see anyone who’s not part of a large company agreeing with you. Even large companies would probably be upset to log in and see all the galleons and Brigantines sunk in a pve server. I mean some people have really went the extra mile painting and putting every little detail in their ship builds to log in and see it sunk under no fault of their own.   It would be a sad day, kinda like that one guy who was being picked on in a game and took it a little to serious, drove to the other guys house and beat the shit out of him. I mean it is a game after all but it’s amazing what details a person can find out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Treysar said:

Play on a private server so did not have to worry  about exploits.

Maybe your too young but game developers usually felt a sense of embarrassment and Sony even banned people for using exploits and also felt ashamed then they made a game out of it later in H1Z1 where they would announce the people they banned for exploiting. If you think its ok not to voice your opinion and just let it lay you are asking for this to keep happening whether you defend against it or not it is not ok even on PVE for people to cheat. Using Exploits to grief is cheating!

its not me that the greifing is happening to,  im the ones that defending against this happening to me , using the tools available in the game ,, 

and private servers are not the answer , they are if u refuse or cannnot think to use the tools given in the game to defend / help stop this happening to you , if u cant then yes maybe going to private server is for you ..

2 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Furthermore for anyone defending this type of behavior is either guilty of it themselves or not had it done to them in my opinion, if your going to say we are asking for to much to protect our stuff as we log off to go to sleep, work ect. even though we are in a pve game and not a pvp game then why fix anything,? I mean the over weighing of ships is the same thing is it not. One player uses the items he carries  to sink your ship and the other player lures in SOTD to sink your ships. Same ending just a different means to do it, both types of people are using the game mechanics to do wrong to someone else. That type of behavior should be allowed in pvp but not in PVE. 

One person says to build lookout towers and place canons and npc to fight the ghost ships, hmm, well let’s see do I have the resources to build said fortress and the gold to pay for the npcs to watch over my stuff, I mean you would have to have enough canons and npc’s to wipe out SOTD just as soon as they were in range because it couldn’t be a ongoing battle or your ships would still get sunk in the cross fire and you’ve accomplished nothing but wasting resources, gold and time. 

No if you’re saying all this stuff should be legal in PVE then perhaps you should be playing pvp because I don’t really see anyone who’s not part of a large company agreeing with you. Even large companies would probably be upset to log in and see all the galleons and Brigantines sunk in a pve server. I mean some people have really went the extra mile painting and putting every little detail in their ship builds to log in and see it sunk under no fault of their own.   It would be a sad day, kinda like that one guy who was being picked on in a game and took it a little to serious, drove to the other guys house and beat the shit out of him. I mean it is a game after all but it’s amazing what details a person can find out.

gold is a non issue in this game ?one treasure map can net u enough gold to pay 8 npcs for a week ?2x weekend if u cant farm enough mats to make a dozen large cannons and a few watch towers then u are playing the wrong game ,

noone has said it should be allowed stop trying to put words into other players replys ,

i see so many ships on pve with no cannons yet player moan about sotd , its pve people , play like the enviroment is trying to kill you , we all know there are going to be greifers , yet none of you want to try to adapt and are expecting the devs to snap their fingers and magically nothing in the enviroment attacks you ..

and for those who keep saying maybe pvp is for me read my other replys before commenting on why i play pve , ark was no different with gresifer kiting things to our bases to kill our tames ,

thats why eventualy the devs went the real carebear road and added offline protection , which made any form of danger from the enviroment mute in ark pve ..do u really want another version of ark kitty island , with no danger from anything ....

too many players here are too whiny and casual , trying to get devs to dumb down the game , no wonder there are players who post here about pve players trying to ruin the game turning it  into easy mode casual ...

we know greifers shouldnt  do what they do , but until players learn to play by the rules and stop it then allow for it in your base builds ,

hopefully these sort of playerrs will eventually get banned fuirther down the road or at least have acces suspended temp as warning 

let the devs do their work 

Edited by UDO

Nice it is happening already bubble grievers tricks a new sods griever. Soon everyone is grieving each other because they did something to them. And this is pve where we should be save frome pvp behavior.

Maybe I should do it also because the do nothing about it. If I go do it I will do it to the big streamers because that is the only thing they care about. Maybe if those going to be negative about the exploits then they will fix it....

Sad... They said the had learned from ark but make the same mistakes again. 

• Like 1

If the SOTD were to randomly come to shore and attack ships that were docked and the players were offline, then that would be pve, if another player lures ships to attack an offline players ships then that is pvp. Do you see the difference? I’m not asking them to dumb down the game, I’m asking that they fix the game mode which I choose to play. I can really believe that you are one of the players that does this type of behavior, I’m not sure what you get from it other then knowing you’ve ruined someone’s day. This is not a sea battle because one person isn’t even online, this is only a attempt to try and make someone so sick that they quit the game and that gives you a chance to claim the area. 

No one in PVE that is there for pve would behave in this manner, if we chose to fight the SOTD then we are making a choice that could cost us our ships, that is pve. 

Any player who intentionally tries to do damage to another player or players structure is playing in pvp.  Well should be!!!   What do you stand to lose when you lure the SOTD into destroy someone else’s stuff vs that person who is losing their stuff, absolutely nothing.   You sit in your chair grinning from ear to ear thinking how special you are because you’ve ruined someone’s stuff.

• Like 3

Well i logged today in after a weekend away and brig is sunken and other ships from neighbours also. But on top of that i get also the battleye kick where other players also have problems with.  Can not save my resources because after a few min i will be kicked by battleye.  

but that part i can have because that part could be because EA but grieving with something that was also in another game of this company i can not understand.

If you anchor your ship there should be no damage to it, sotd can fire as much as it wants it does no damage, that's how it should be. Now if someone mistakenly or forgot to put the anchor down and it was destroyed then I'd have no problem with that at all, that would be my and anyone else's fault.

There should be no damage when anchored or ships that are currently in the process of being built. I can imagine how it must feel to have about 4 or 5 ships sitting outside only for the sotd to be pulled in and everything gone, that's not PVE that's PVP. If you go out and attack something and it kills the ship then I have no problem with that either as you've engaged in combat but not when you're minding your own business and everything is gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

If you anchor your ship there should be no damage to it, sotd can fire as much as it wants it does no damage, that's how it should be. Now if someone mistakenly or forgot to put the anchor down and it was destroyed then I'd have no problem with that at all, that would be my and anyone else's fault.

There should be no damage when anchored or ships that are currently in the process of being built. I can imagine how it must feel to have about 4 or 5 ships sitting outside only for the sotd to be pulled in and everything gone, that's not PVE that's PVP. If you go out and attack something and it kills the ship then I have no problem with that either as you've engaged in combat but not when you're minding your own business and everything is gone.

I can agree with a system to not aggro or take damage while not aggroed but not taking damage at all just because it's anchored, I'm sorry but that can be exploited too much.  The solution should be to reduce it's will to chase if it isn't actively getting hit(increase the cost to the griefer) and remove damage while ofline/not aggroed to the structure/ship.  It's already in place that the ship itself won't aggro SotD while anchored(and not previously attacking) so add on to that.

• Like 1

You know all the islands have different levels of depth as you come close or move  away from them, it shows up on the maps as different shades of blue if I’m not mistaken. Why not have the SOTD drop aggro once they enter that area and immediately return to full health so that idea can’t be exploited, a ship engaged in combat with them who realized they will lose and try and flee to the safety of the island while other ships in the safety zone are still safe as long as they remain there. Once a SOTD enters the safety zone, it drops all aggro, stops the chase and returns to full health.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vaenix said:

I can agree with a system to not aggro or take damage while not aggroed but not taking damage at all just because it's anchored, I'm sorry but that can be exploited too much.  The solution should be to reduce it's will to chase if it isn't actively getting hit(increase the cost to the griefer) and remove damage while ofline/not aggroed to the structure/ship.  It's already in place that the ship itself won't aggro SotD while anchored(and not previously attacking) so add on to that.

I agree on that no damage if it you did not aggro but damAge if you aggro, but something must be done and quick.  

Maybe als not agro on walking our swimming things could help. Why would a sod aggro on that? Only kill the ship from that player that did get the  aggro .  

40 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

You know all the islands have different levels of depth as you come close or move  away from them, it shows up on the maps as different shades of blue if I’m not mistaken. Why not have the SOTD drop aggro once they enter that area and immediately return to full health so that idea can’t be exploited, a ship engaged in combat with them who realized they will lose and try and flee to the safety of the island while other ships in the safety zone are still safe as long as they remain there. Once a SOTD enters the safety zone, it drops all aggro, stops the chase and returns to full health.

thats a sensible idea ... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awakatanka said:

I agree on that no damage if it you did not aggro but damAge if you aggro, but something must be done and quick.  

Maybe als not agro on walking our swimming things could help. Why would a sod aggro on that? Only kill the ship from that player that did get the  aggro .  

SotD can aggro to players as players can attack and sink it with melee items(takes more time than is worth doing).  

On 2/3/2019 at 5:03 AM, Treysar said:

a ship of the damn magically was sitting in our port blowing away our brig and our galleon low and behold a Chinese guy riding a rhino is right by it. Hmm last time our ships got sunk there was a Chinese guy in our base and the time b4 that our base was cleared out and a Chinese guy was there. Coincidence? I seem to doubt it but you be the judge a SotD sails up and parks right next to our brig then opens fire this was a parked brig in a ship slip but was launched. Oh did I mention after 2 brigs were sunk and our galleon this Chinese guy starts salvaging our Galleon. Devs I know you wont do anything about it because they are Chinese and we know where your loyalties lie. heres a pic for your enjoyment

20190202222352_1.jpg

this happened to us today

Are we making these suggestions in the right areas, I mean if there main source of communication is Twitter and discord perhaps we should start leaving the forums and flooding the Twitter and discord?

34 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Are we making these suggestions in the right areas, I mean if there main source of communication is Twitter and discord perhaps we should start leaving the forums and flooding the Twitter and discord?

we messaged them there too Jat just ignored it though

2 hours ago, Pybo said:

we messaged them there too Jat just ignored it though

Your not alone in that, it’s like they pick and choose what to reply to, all we really want to know is that they acknowledge the issue and can tell us if there is or isn’t going to be a fix for it so players can adjust accordingly. I noticed that they have a big contest going to win cash prizes and such, I wonder how soon they would fix it if the big streamers and contest entries all had this exploit done to their ships.

40 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Your not alone in that, it’s like they pick and choose what to reply to, all we really want to know is that they acknowledge the issue and can tell us if there is or isn’t going to be a fix for it so players can adjust accordingly. I noticed that they have a big contest going to win cash prizes and such, I wonder how soon they would fix it if the big streamers and contest entries all had this exploit done to their ships.

The best way to get the devs attention would be if a steamer lost all their ships to this.  (Do any streamers play on PVE? Hint hint... 😈)

Yeah, it would be something for a streamer to catch it live, could you imagine the attention something like that would bring to the issue.

AI operated cannons are not a working option right now.   Your bay will be filled with dead fish and cannon balls. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, UDO said:

i don't grief anyone never have but i don't play like a retard and whine if the ENVIRONMENT KILLS ME u know why because i am prepared for it , i lost my tames once in this game ONCE then i reevaluated how i had built my enclose  , i have never lost a ship to griefers , WHY u may ask , because i use the tools available to ensure it doesn't happen to me , i protect what i've built / tamed by building carefully and thinking about what may happen .

try it sometime you'll be amazed at how much more u will enjoy the game not having to worry about griefers and wildlife u know the ENVIRONMENT that we are playing against ..

p.s resorting to saying i must be a griefer because u dont have a proper response to anything is just plain childish , 

p.p.s i have never played pvp and dont intend to , never played in ark never will in this game as i enjoy a more relaxed gaming experience 

then i would say u havnt played much in the way of sandbox games , as these sorts of players are in abundance , u have to build to protect against the enviroment and players that may use the enviroment against u , build smart for all eventualitys

Where are u located...we can come evaluate how well protected u are from the "environment".

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 6:12 AM, UDO said:

gold is a non issue in this game ?one treasure map can net u enough gold to pay 8 npcs for a week ?2x weekend if u cant farm enough mats to make a dozen large cannons and a few watch towers then u are playing the wrong game ,

noone has said it should be allowed stop trying to put words into other players replys ,

i see so many ships on pve with no cannons yet player moan about sotd , its pve people , play like the enviroment is trying to kill you , we all know there are going to be greifers , yet none of you want to try to adapt and are expecting the devs to snap their fingers and magically nothing in the enviroment attacks you ..

and for those who keep saying maybe pvp is for me read my other replys before commenting on why i play pve , ark was no different with gresifer kiting things to our bases to kill our tames ,

thats why eventualy the devs went the real carebear road and added offline protection , which made any form of danger from the enviroment mute in ark pve ..do u really want another version of ark kitty island , with no danger from anything ....

too many players here are too whiny and casual , trying to get devs to dumb down the game , no wonder there are players who post here about pve players trying to ruin the game turning it  into easy mode casual ...

we know greifers shouldnt  do what they do , but until players learn to play by the rules and stop it then allow for it in your base builds ,

hopefully these sort of playerrs will eventually get banned fuirther down the road or at least have acces suspended temp as warning 

let the devs do their work 

wheres your base so i can come and test it against the "environment"?

• Like 2