Sign in to follow this  
KKhan

Moving tames to ships

So we moved a bear onto our ship and he literally vanished then died good game

• Like 1

Only follow command works properly. But only if you go on to ship. For galleon move command works only if you have dinghy attachment. Then they moved to that platform correctly. 

Bear is either in the sky or under water.  I assume under water. 

Put on follow, climb the ladder, and walk the Rail until animal is also on rail. 

Why should you have to do anything other than use the BUILT IN BOARD SHIP option? It's a bug and needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stabby said:

Why should you have to do anything other than use the BUILT IN BOARD SHIP option? It's a bug and needs to be fixed.

your right, you shouldn't. but these folks are trying to help you get around the bug.

do a bug report and hope they fix it.

I've moved 3 onto a schooner after patch seems fine now but maybe a random glitch

This bug has been here for a long time. Work around it with the follow option. I didn't even know about the teleport option until a week ago and I have moved all my animals on my ships a hundred times through the follow option. Same with NPC's.

I also have lost multipule tames this way it need to be fixed. It`s not fixed just happened to me again.

Edited by Helluvatime

4 hours ago, Helluvatime said:

I also have lost multipule tames this way it need to be fixed. It`s not fixed just happened to me again.

Why would you continue doing it knowing you can lose your tame.. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Why would you continue doing it knowing you can lose your tame.. 

I did it three times, then stopped. Happened rarely enough, it seemed like maybe I did something wrong. After the 3rd time, I figured it wasn't worth the slight convenience over the follow method to sometimes lose a tame.

We lost 2 tames yesterday to this bug, I usually always use the follow option. But figured putting it on the gall this would be easier... wrong! Going back to follow. Lesson learned.

So far, my experience has been that they get stuck on raised quarterdeck's when using the move-to command.  I haven't lost any doing this but sometimes it's almost a necessity, especially when tames get stuck in other structures or fall through floors and moving them to a ship negates having to destroy half a building to try to get them out.

26 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

So far, my experience has been that they get stuck on raised quarterdeck's when using the move-to command.  I haven't lost any doing this but sometimes it's almost a necessity, especially when tames get stuck in other structures or fall through floors and moving them to a ship negates having to destroy half a building to try to get them out.

Get another ship close to it and teleport it to that ship, saves the buildings needed to be destroyed. 

Just now, Percieval said:

Get another ship close to it and teleport it to that ship, saves the buildings needed to be destroyed. 

Guess I wasn't clear. Yea, that's what I've been doing. I've had some minor issues with it but so far, no dead tames.