Sign in to follow this  
Keika

What is wrong with Atlas Players?

This is not ment to just cry about getting raided or because u loose ships to other players. I am a person who has a real job to do and so i also need some sleep during the night. We get pretty often raided etc which is hard enough for a small company (DONT say get a bigger one etc... ) But today when i came online our ships inside the walls were claimed (happened quite a few times). There was a naked lonely guy on one of them and he just sailed with fullspeed inside the shipyard to sink the ship. I killed him after. After 5min he was back jumped on the 2nd ship and also sailed it into the shipyard to sink it.... Only Sloops, so idc of the time/materials.

But rly, WHATS the point in just sinking ships of other without getting any advantage out of it? If u steal something ok but just destroying stuff because it is possible? I havent seen the name before either. Not in our Region or in a previous fight. Just a Person who has fun destroying stuff. I dont think this game will last very long if such people force others to leave the game.

I am realy tired of this kind of players and i think its getting even worse with the time. I lost the fun to play Atlas right now. Thanks to those kind of people.

Anyone made similar experience or am i just unlucky......

• Like 1

Dude, you wont like this right in your face solution. 

Go

Join/ally

Bigger

Company

I play mainly with just 2 friends, but we are in a big company. Why? Becuase i have to sleep and work and dont want to rebuild everyday. What is it about a bigger company you would be against? There is almost no downside.

It could be narcissistic tendancies, were you feel you must be the leader. Or simply some mild social issues, but logic is logic. 

Your post is broken down into this statement;

a+b=c

What is the solution to a+b, but it cant be c?

The thing is, if your a solo player, its 1 vs 3000?

If you join a small group its what 5 vs 3000?

You are asking to win a lottery almost every time you log out with those odds. If nothing else make it 500 vs 3000. That makes it essentially 1 vs 6. It actually is far better because most people will pick the easier target, the small groups your so familiar with now as examples. 

This is not a solo player game. You can play it that way, but its simply not currently designed to have ANY optimization for solo play. If you really don't want to play with other people then you should make a 1 grid private server to build and sail and PvE on is my advice. 

Think of the companies as joining a small nation, you get a tax exempt and fully protected service, the land is already claimed for you. Hell be Puerto Rico, ally a big company and exist as its little annex of people.

for a small company (DONT say get a bigger one etc... )

Read : Don't you dare give me the actual solution to my problem because fuck you, I don't like it and I don't want to have a solution to my problem. I want a personal "I win" button versus any sizeable group or that anyone that doesn't play like I want them to, to be removed from my divine sight at once.

This is not ment to just cry about getting raided or because u loose ships to other players.

Of course it is.

Edited by James Sulivan

Form alliances with other small companies. Cluster yourselves near each other for mutual protection. Or ally with a larger company that will let you build in their territory. Get their protection in exchange for a 10% resource collection tax.

This isn't a game to go it alone. There are tools that allow you to have your small company and still work with other groups. Another option might be less populated unofficial servers.

Forming an alliance etc doenst solve the problem of solo retards running around just to destroy stuff. And this not during normal online times but in the middle of the night, where also out of a 20man group nobody is online....

You surely dont get my point. As long as it is so easy to just destroy stuff a single player can destroy a base in the middle of the night. Last time it took them about 4h to destroy stuff. they came at around 3 am on Tuesday

Edited by Keika
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keika said:

This is not ment to just cry about getting raided or because u loose ships to other players. I am a person who has a real job to do and so i also need some sleep during the night. We get pretty often raided etc which is hard enough for a small company (DONT say get a bigger one etc... ) But today when i came online our ships inside the walls were claimed (happened quite a few times). There was a naked lonely guy on one of them and he just sailed with fullspeed inside the shipyard to sink the ship. I killed him after. After 5min he was back jumped on the 2nd ship and also sailed it into the shipyard to sink it.... Only Sloops, so idc of the time/materials.

But rly, WHATS the point in just sinking ships of other without getting any advantage out of it? If u steal something ok but just destroying stuff because it is possible? I havent seen the name before either. Not in our Region or in a previous fight. Just a Person who has fun destroying stuff. I dont think this game will last very long if such people force others to leave the game.

I am realy tired of this kind of players and i think its getting even worse with the time. I lost the fun to play Atlas right now. Thanks to those kind of people.

I completely feel your pain. Offline griefing is NOT PVP and should be prevented. There should be a flag rendering anchored ships immune when no one from the company is online. There is no other reason to allow ships to remain vulnerable while that company is all offline.

PS> Don't listen to any of those assholes that will try to troll you with rhetoric such as, "you need to play better" or "too bad go play PVE". Screw those peeps, they are either little kids with no responsibilities, unemployed people with nothing better to do than play all day, or psychotic trolls that enjoy griefing while players are offline.

I sure hope that Grapeshot gets wise and considers implementing offline protection on our vulnerable ships.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, James Sulivan said:

Read : Don't you dare give me the actual solution to my problem because fuck you, I don't like it and I don't want to have a solution to my problem. I want a personal "I win" button versus any sizeable group or that anyone that doesn't play like I want them to, to be removed from my divine sight at once.

Of course it is.

Hey, F' off you troll. Not everyone who enjoys actual PVP also desires the griefing. It is not the same and there should be better options to thwart griefing from the game. You are considering your suggestion as the only solution to the problem when maybe, Grapeshot might consider another solution such as offline raid protection instead. It is not up to you, it is up to them.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

This is not a solo player game.

Where does it state that the game is NOT for solo play?

You can play it that way, but its simply not currently designed to have ANY optimization for solo play.

Excuse me, are you a representative from Grapeshot? What the hell makes you god? Since the game is in EA and Grapeshot has provided us with this forum to provide feedback possibly influencing positive change to the game, it might just be that Grapeshot might consider implementing changes to the game. Just because the game does not seem to "have ANY optimization for solo play" does not mean that it never will or never intended to or that they may consider adding such a design. 

11 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Hey bro, Fuck off you trolling dickhead. Not everyone who enjoys actual PVP also desires the griefing. It is not the same and there should be better options to thwart griefing from the game. You are considering your suggestion as the only solution to the problem when maybe, Grapeshot might consider another solution such as offline raid protection instead. It is not up to you, it is up to them.

Wow... that was a bit of an overaction.   No offense but when you play this type of game you have to expect some attacks like this all the time.  People want an easy "I win" and the easiest thing is to offline raid someone.  Makes them feel leet.   I prefer doing online raids when they are online and sinking their stuff when they are right there doing things.  

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Where does it state that the game is NOT for solo play?

In the description of the game...

MMO= Massively Multiplayer Online 

Last time I checked Multiplayer ment multiple players, which if we look at the root of that... multi, which means more than one.  It can be safely deduced that the game is not a single player game.

Edited by Hodo

1 hour ago, Chucksteak said:

Dude, you wont like this right in your face solution. 

Go

Join/ally

Bigger

Company

I play mainly with just 2 friends, but we are in a big company. Why? Becuase i have to sleep and work and dont want to rebuild everyday. What is it about a bigger company you would be against? There is almost no downside.

It could be narcissistic tendancies, were you feel you must be the leader. Or simply some mild social issues, but logic is logic. 

Your post is broken down into this statement;

a+b=c

What is the solution to a+b, but it cant be c?

This game is in EA, it does not mean that what you are experiencing now is HOW it will remain. Just because it is currently being played one way now, doesn't mean that there is not room for changes. By the way, your logic is merely to accept the design flaw and inherent problems but it might be better to try and provide feedback to the devs and see if we can improve the game instead.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Wow... that was a bit of an overaction.   No offense but when you play this type of game you have to expect some attacks like this all the time.  People want an easy "I win" and the easiest thing is to offline raid someone.  Makes them feel leet.   I prefer doing online raids when they are online and sinking their stuff when they are right there doing things.  

Last time I checked Multiplayer ment multiple players, which if we look at the root of that... multi, which means more than one.  It can be safely deduced that the game is not a single player game.

MMO for sure means that lots of players play online at one time. This does not mean that you are limited to teaming up with them.

45 minutes ago, Keika said:

Forming an alliance etc doenst solve the problem of solo retards running around just to destroy stuff. And this not during normal online times but in the middle of the night, where also out of a 20man group nobody is online....

You surely dont get my point. As long as it is so easy to just destroy stuff a single player can destroy a base in the middle of the night. Last time it took them about 4h to destroy stuff. they came at around 3 am on Tuesday

You will never be able to solve that problem completely. Anything that fixes the problem makes some groups near invulnerable. But that is also part of the nature of a survival MMO.  I'd say to jump to PvE, but they have their own problems as well - spawned from the near invulnerability issue.

An alliance doesn't fix the one troll running around to destroy stuff. But it mitigates them. 

38 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Dame game needs a offline option, job done and everybody happy.

2 hours ago, Keika said:

You are not unlucky, if you play long enough on any official server, you will eventually encounter a griefer. This has nothing to do with Atlas, this is a common problem on any server that is open to the general public. Until a game has a personality test to screen out these type of anti-social types, you will find them playing games.

The only way to avoid it (or at least reduce the impact of it), is to play unofficial servers. Fact of life on the officials. You will get stuff like this whether it is PVP or PVE official.

No matter what others are saying, has nothing to do with whether you are playing solo or in a large company, at some point, you will be the target of a griefer.

10 minutes ago, wildbill said:

You are not unlucky, if you play long enough on any official server, you will eventually encounter a griefer. This has nothing to do with Atlas, this is a common problem on any server that is open to the general public. Until a game has a personality test to screen out these type of anti-social types, you will find them playing games.

The only way to avoid it (or at least reduce the impact of it), is to play unofficial servers. Fact of life on the officials. You will get stuff like this whether it is PVP or PVE official.

No matter what others are saying, has nothing to do with whether you are playing solo or in a large company, at some point, you will be the target of a griefer.

Of course, another solution could be an offline raid protection flag for ships that are anchored and unmanned and the company is all offline. Yes, the game has griefers but that does not mean that Grapeshot has to put up with that kind of behavior just because it is an innate issue inherent with a PVP MMO. Considering something as a "fact of life" is just accepting and ignoring the problem instead of trying to rectify it. Grapeshot could take the initiative to mitigate certain kinds of griefing.

Edited by vaylain

11 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Of course, another solution could be an offline raid protection flag for ships that are anchored and unmanned and the company is all offline. Yes, the game has griefers but that does not mean that Grapeshot has to put up with that kind of behavior just because it is an innate issue inherent with a PVP MMO. Considering something as a "fact of life" is just ignoring the problem and accepting it instead of trying to rectify it. Grapeshot could take the initiative to mitigate certain kinds of griefing.

Yes they could, and they are making changes, but mainly to PVE. No body should be sinking or destroying ships in PvE, so they make changes to prevent that. That type of griefing is pretty clear cut.

What kind of AI would the game need to tell the difference between a fight between two companies and one side sinks the other's boat and just some guy for no reason sinking all of the ships of another player? I don't think it is reasonable to expect Grapeshot to fix this.

Yes, I think it is an inherent issue with PVP on official servers that will never be fixed. Really, can never be fixed. Would take way to much moderation to fix with the budget they have, only a private servers can afford to moderate and remove this type of player. If you can't live with this fact, you are just setting yourself up to rage quit at some point.

I play PVE, tried the official thing for about six months on ARK. Didn't exactly rage quit, but did after a very nasty encounter with a griefer.

Edited by wildbill

36 minutes ago, sand man said:

Dame game needs a offline option, job done and everybody happy.

There is a single player option....

Step 1- Create your own server

Step 2- Set password

Step 3- Play on your own server by yourself.

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Step 2- Set password

Thats not easy to do,,,,,is it ?

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

What kind of AI would the game need to tell the difference between a fight between two companies and one side sinks the other's boat and just some guy for no reason sinking all of the ships of another player? I don't think it is reasonable to expect Grapeshot to fix this.

You won't need to tell the difference between a legitimate PVP battle and offline grief if they implement a flag for ships that are anchored, unmanned, and all members of that company have been offline after a period of time. You may NOT like this solution but that does not mean that Grapeshot won't.

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

PS> Don't listen to any of those assholes that will try to troll you with rhetoric such as, "you need to play better

It is not a skill based game, playing better will not help you, at all. The only advice I ever hear is: find a bigger group to play with! Maybe restrict companies to 70 players and total allies to 140, that's acceptable, not 500+ player groups zerging with their 1000 player allies an official that totals, maybe 4k active players. 

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Step 2- Set password

Maybe you would prefer to play your single player option but I prefer legitimate PVP encounters, so that does not work for me.

Just now, vaylain said:

Maybe you would prefer to play your single player option but I prefer legitimate PVP encounters, so that does not work for me.

Nice, but this game requires little or no skill - skill also does not influence the outcome too much. The number of friends in the area and your level of the tamed creature, that does influence the outcome a lot. This is a serious problem, for now, its Minecraft on steroids, not a proper PVP game.

6 minutes ago, sand man said:

Thats not easy to do,,,,,is it ?

Well it is easier than asking the devs to redesign the game for an offline mode.

3 minutes ago, MajorAvatar said:

It is not a skill based game, playing better will not help you, at all. The only advice I ever hear is: find a bigger group to play with! Maybe restrict companies to 70 players and total allies to 140, that's acceptable, not 500+ player groups zerging with their 1000 player allies an official that totals, maybe 4k active players. 

Again, limiting companies and alliances size is not going to work.  People will just use outside of game methods of forming alliances.  I have seen dozens of websites for this VERY thing in other games that did limit alliances.  And it actually lead to more problems for others than it did anything else.  Where as now you can see who is attacking you, and what alliance they are from, in this other system you can be attacked and have no clue what alliance they are from.  

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

I like a legit PVP fight.  But those are rare and far between.   I enjoy this game because it does happen a fair bit on the weekends.   

9 minutes ago, MajorAvatar said:

Nice, but this game requires little or no skill - skill also does not influence the outcome too much. The number of friends in the area and your level of the tamed creature, that does influence the outcome a lot. This is a serious problem, for now, its Minecraft on steroids, not a proper PVP game.

But the OP and I were referring to offline griefing and how this COULD be thwarted with an ORP flag on ships.