Sign in to follow this  
syyyyd

Ships parked in dock destroyed by ghost ships

We parked our ships in the dock right beside the island for a couple of days. Somehow this morning our team member found out that a ghost ship destroyed all of our ships including one galleon. Is this even possible or is this done by other players? Is there any chance that we can appeal to get our ships back? Thanks guys.

Edited by syyyyd
Forgot content

34 minutes ago, Robotukas said:

It’s an island called MilierconaChain in a5 which is a lawless zone, we certainly anchored all our ships and I’m pretty sure now other players led ghost ship here and destroyed ours.

10 minutes ago, Robotukas said:

So far I understand ghost ships not supposed to do damage to anchored ships or buildings.

As far as i remember "if not aggroed" first. 
Either someone found a loophole (maybe aggro SotD and jump on your ship? Dunno...) or one of your company people messed up and just blamed bug. 

Our company doesn’t have to do anything. Personally myself I will let SoTd to sink my ship than to put aggro on someone else. Is just human being. I just remembered from patch notes which it was realised about three weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Elrood said:

As far as i remember "if not aggroed" first. 
Either someone found a loophole (maybe aggro SotD and jump on your ship? Dunno...) or one of your company people messed up and just blamed bug. 

I think the loophole is for a character to get aggro and then go hide behind your ship. The ship becomes collateral damage in the line of fire.

• Thanks 1

Ya a few days back a company in a lawless zone lost all their stuff the same way. Over chat I saw someone say a sloop is leading a red SOTD to peoples ships. I was on other side of grid with my war brig, I tired to make it over to help but the wind died lol, I finally made it just to see the last ship being sunk by this red SOTD. We took out the ship but it was to late,, then everyone in the area just picked the ships apart. Was sad to see but this is a thing.

SOTD can absolutely damage anchored ships, they won't aggro onto them.  Apparently people have started aggroing sotd, hitting them with arrows etc, then kiting them to land and standing behind bases and ships.  The SOTD isn't aggro onto the anchored ship, but it's firing at the person behind it.

2 hours ago, Archsenex said:

SOTD can absolutely damage anchored ships, they won't aggro onto them.  Apparently people have started aggroing sotd, hitting them with arrows etc, then kiting them to land and standing behind bases and ships.  The SOTD isn't aggro onto the anchored ship, but it's firing at the person behind it.

I've actually tried arrows and fire arrows, those don't seem to do anything to SotD.  If they aggroed kited near shore using a expendable sloop and then using a hatchet to move the aggro from the sloop to the player).  That's the only thing I can think of, haven't tried moving aggro cuz we usually just sink the damn things with a battle schooner/brig when they start getting too close to our shores or our neighbors shores. 

Sadly this is a thing. Happened last night in J5 as well. A SOTD "conveniently" sank a bunch of ships that a company had been complaining about being parked on the shore near their docks. My brother and I ported over right when someone said something in chat but it was all over and the company was just tearing the ships apart to take everything.

12 hours ago, syyyyd said:

We parked our ships in the dock right beside the island for a couple of days. Somehow this morning our team member found out that a ghost ship destroyed all of our ships including one galleon. Is this even possible or is this done by other players? Is there any chance that we can appeal to get our ships back? Thanks guys.

Yes it is mostly other players. Ghost ships do not come into land now, they fixed that issue, they stop so far out to stop attacking the ships. When they used to come in on their own I lost a Schooner to the ghost ship.

Players are now realising attacking a ghost ship out at sea then bringing it in is a good way to loot other people. They will attack the ship, run and hide behind your ships and the ghost ship will fire at it until it sinks. They then take all your stuff and run away with it leaving you with nothing. I agree, this needs to change and fast. It hasn't happened on our part of the island yet and I hope it doesn't but I have been thinking of putting a defence up there with cannons for this reason. The trouble is I think there is a bug with cannons when you set it to fire at ships only it doesn't, it fires at most things.

Edited by DannyUK

i guess aggro put npcs in hostile all targets

some dolphins are killed with that

some buoties are destoyed with that too

but who cares about dolphins and buoty these days 

Shooting a ghost ship with an arrow or a bullet doesnt do shit lol... hasnt done anything since day 1.