Sign in to follow this  
ironbark72

Don't waste your money

Very poorly thought out. 

You zone in for the first time and there are no trees left to harvest wood from. They have all been harvested by the first generation of players. There is no respawn on the wood outside of a server reset, so your just s*** out of luck until you eventually die from vitamin deficiencies because u cant  make a fishing pole without wood ... you cant make a fire without wood ... you cant make a hunting tool without wood.

I mean its great if you were a streamer that got special privileges and early access. It all seemed so easy for them: plenty of resources, no lag and no server queues. Reality is, your just wasting $30

GG Grapeshot you win

Not true I'm not a streamer iv cut down wood I have seen them respawn. I can kill a fish with a spear ... But that does require wood. If your not expecting any issues to arise I wouldn't recommend buying the game, it is having issues some major some minor resolved with time and patience.... If you have none don't buy the game

...and you have no clue what the heck your talking about.

Seen and watched trees and brush respawn all around me as I sat at a campfire.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ironbark72 said:

Very poorly thought out. 

You zone in for the first time and there are no trees left to harvest wood from. They have all been harvested by the first generation of players. There is no respawn on the wood outside of a server reset, so your just s*** out of luck until you eventually die from vitamin deficiencies because u cant  make a fishing pole without wood ... you cant make a fire without wood ... you cant make a hunting tool without wood.

I mean its great if you were a streamer that got special privileges and early access. It all seemed so easy for them: plenty of resources, no lag and no server queues. Reality is, your just wasting $30

GG Grapeshot you win

Before the process of buying this game and ‘wasting’ your money. Did you read anywhere that it is an early access game? 

It’s absolutely unbelievable how many people do not understand what the meaning of early access is! 

• Like 4

The game isn't centered around the official servers, which of course the official servers are going to be competitive. This means people are going to claim resources, land, and potentially PVP. That's why there's the option to break away and join smaller servers, or even host your own. 

There's a lot of gameplay to be had. 

It's also good to note that this is an early access game, and you can expect there to be balance issues at the start. Come back after some patches and I'm sure you'll find many improvements. 

51 minutes ago, ironbark72 said:

Very poorly thought out. 

GG Grapeshot you win

Sounds like you just haven’t got the patience with a survival game. Either that or you aren’t very good 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeadMeat said:

Don’t be that dumb dude. There has already been plenty of reports with whole islands that don’t have trees 😂 

35 minutes ago, Thund3r 4 said:

Sounds like you just haven’t got the patience with a survival game. Either that or you aren’t very good 

Well that and the game sucks 😂

Glad to see you are not having the same problems both my Son and I are having. For me its garbage and I DO have a clue what I am talking about

1 hour ago, Hackjob said:

Not true I'm not a streamer iv cut down wood I have seen them respawn. I can kill a fish with a spear ... But that does require wood. If your not expecting any issues to arise I wouldn't recommend buying the game, it is having issues some major some minor resolved with time and patience.... If you have none don't buy the game

Actually it IS true I watched streamers who mentioned they were placed on specialty shards. I can only call it like I see it. If your experience has been better than mine, good luck to you.

1 hour ago, JoeBloggs said:

trees definitely respawn.....i got stuck in one as it respawned right where i was stood!

Well hopefully you were able to harvest it from the inside then. For us we have had no respawns whatsoever ... there are threads where people are complaining about the exact same thing. We both even re rolled characters and both died from vitamin deprivation with not a single tree that we were able to harvest. 

Kinda ridiculous 

Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay (or get it for free) for a game in the various development cycles (pre-alpha, alpha, beta) and obtain access to the pre-full release versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game. The early-access approach is a common way to obtain funding for indie games, and may also be used along with other funding mechanisms, including crowdfunding. Many crowdfunding projects promise to offer access to alpha and/or beta versions of the game as development progresses; however, unlike some of these projects which solicit funds but do not yet have a playable game, all early access games offer an immediately playable version of the unfinished game to players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Before the process of buying this game and ‘wasting’ your money. Did you read anywhere that it is an early access game? 

It’s absolutely unbelievable how many people do not understand what the meaning of early access is! 

It really is amazing man, you pull up the steam reviews and can tell. The amazing part of EA is not only getting to play a year or so early but being able to help shape the game, bug find, see it evolve and grow. Its a rough path and not for most people, but many of us really really enjoy it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Sorry I am touching the nerve of the fan boy brigade however I post my own experiencees with the game and to be honest it has been s*** even for early access. harvest nodes not respawning on any shard is just sloppy and game breaking for some people.

Oh and early access also means opening up the game for early criticisms via first impressions. It's why some companies do it and some do not. The fact I need to explain THAT to you is quite frankly unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, ironbark72 said:

Sorry I am touching the nerve of the fan boy brigade however I post my own experiencees with the game and to be honest it has been s*** even for early access. harvest nodes not respawning on any shard is just sloppy and game breaking for some people.

Oh and early access also means opening up the game for early criticisms via first impressions. It's why some companies do it and some do not. The fact I need to explain THAT to you is quite frankly unbelievable.

But you say "do not waste your money" and now you say that this is what early access is for, if they publish it in early access, you should wait for the next updates to improve the errors of the game, it is only to have patience, but we see that the you have, you have claimed and go to play minercraft... (Vanila because I don't think you're up to an FTB)

Edited by Strovo

48 minutes ago, Thund3r 4 said:

Can't grow trees in the game unfortunately, guess I'm not that good after all.

No wood = Can't survive. Sorry it's that simple.

10 minutes ago, ironbark72 said:

I think early access is more about constructive criticism rather than just ranting like children because it's not yet what you hoped for. Perhaps carrying yourselves like adults, and actually expressing your issues with the game in a proper fashion- Explaining what frustrates you and HOW it could be resolved- rather than "DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY" for a title would garner you more respect. Maybe then your issues would get the attention they actually deserve.

Trees respawn over time, and there's dozens if not hundreds of islands. It's that simple.

You're no different from the parent that dismisses a child's artwork because it's not good enough yet, rather than culture and encourage the child to keep going.

Edited by Teach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TGibsonn said:

The game isn't centered around the official servers, which of course the official servers are going to be competitive. This means people are going to claim resources, land, and potentially PVP. That's why there's the option to break away and join smaller servers, or even host your own. 

There's a lot of gameplay to be had. 

It's also good to note that this is an early access game, and you can expect there to be balance issues at the start. Come back after some patches and I'm sure you'll find many improvements. 

At least I can respect this post. Thanks, for not getting instantly offended by my in game problems. I sure hope the devs don't respond the same way half these other posters do. That would make the game very short lived I would think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teach said:

I think early access is more about constructive criticism rather than just ranting like children because it's not yet what you hoped for. Perhaps carrying yourselves like adults, and actually expressing your issues with the game in a proper fashion- Explaining what frustrates you and HOW it could be resolved- rather than "DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY" for a title would garner you more respect. Maybe then your issues would get the attention they actually deserve.

You're no different from the parent that dismisses a child's artwork because it's not good enough yet, rather than culture and encourage the child to keep going.

It's awesome how you started off your post quite eloquently and then degenerated into that which you were admonishing us for.

Ugh these responses are about a 1 out of 10 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ironbark72 said:

It's awesome how you started off your post quite eloquently and then degenerated into that which you were admonishing us for.

Ugh these responses are about a 1 out of 10 

Quite the contrary. Comparing your approach towards your issues with the game with metaphor/analogy is a way for one to grasp exactly the problem is with said approach. The game is in it's infancy stages. This is a chance and time to help it grow. There's enough negativity already being spread- for not.

I believe sometime's people don't like looking at themselves in the mirror in regards to being shown the err in their ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Don’t be that dumb dude. There has already been plenty of reports with whole islands that don’t have trees 😂 

Dude, seriously...  OP is the one who was presenting HIS experience as 'everyone's.

It should be self-evident, that experiences would vary by individual, particularly considering the state of things @ launch, particularly considering the EA aspect.
  It's asinine assuming otherwise, as much as it is expecting another poster to reach and every bloody thread.

So let me return your retort, "Don't be that dumb dude".

3 hours ago, ironbark72 said:

Very poorly thought out. 

GG Grapeshot you win

You strike me as a new breed of stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ironbark72 said:

Well hopefully you were able to harvest it from the inside then. For us we have had no respawns whatsoever ... there are threads where people are complaining about the exact same thing. We both even re rolled characters and both died from vitamin deprivation with not a single tree that we were able to harvest. 

Kinda ridiculous 

I did manage to to harvest my way out. We seem to get a reaonable amount of trees on my starter island. You definitely seem to have had less luck with your experience.
Hopefully an update will fix your problems sooner rather than later.

LOL @Original poster. I've been on spots where i only survive as long as about 3 seconds. i've been in area's that i survive for hours. Takes patience. I've died probably about 1000 times now, leveled to max in freeport/lawless area 3 times and had character randomly wiped. lost rafts and everything. takes patience. They've come a LONG ways in just a few days

1 hour ago, Boredaholic said:

LOL @Original poster. I've been on spots where i only survive as long as about 3 seconds. i've been in area's that i survive for hours. Takes patience. I've died probably about 1000 times now, leveled to max in freeport/lawless area 3 times and had character randomly wiped. lost rafts and everything. takes patience. They've come a LONG ways in just a few days

Not really 

Dude, seriously...  OP is the one who was presenting HIS experience as 'everyone's.

It should be self-evident, that experiences would vary by individual, particularly considering the state of things @ launch, particularly considering the EA aspect.
  It's asinine assuming otherwise, as much as it is expecting another poster to reach and every bloody thread.

So let me return your retort, "Don't be that dumb dude".

I didn’t see him as speaking for everyone. PleSe don’t be stupid next time.

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Not really 

I didn’t see him as speaking for everyone. PleSe don’t be stupid next time.

You’re just here to troll. I honestly don’t believe anyone can be like that.