Atlantian

Rafts should decay in 2 days period no matter where they are.

They are piling up on shores.

They block building and ships.

They look terrible and they are ALL abandoned.

And the dinghy as well.

This is an EASY fix.

• Like 2

Unless maintained 

All boats unless maintained should 

Rafts 2 days 

Slooops 4 days And so on 

• Like 1

yeah the decay on boats needs to be looked at, then im refering to the places having 100s of boats all anchored, and people not being active/on at all , around where i live there is 50-75 boats littering the shores and their owners been awol for week + now , galleons-brigantines galore just sitting there

It's an easy change, really don't understand why they don't just bang it in with the updates that regularly occur. How hard is it to change the decay time? Just like with structures after 4 days. If you're serious enough that has a boat and doesn't want to maintain it yourself then get an NPC on there. There is no reason rafts and boat should be littered along the shore, ridiculous. 

Nope.  I use a raft, and I've never built anything bigger.    Why should I?  SOTD mostly ignore me, and if I get smacked by a cyclone I can rebuild it.  I also live on Lawless.  Our stuff decays fast enough, thank you very much.  What's clogging up our harbor are all the bigger boats.  All those guys that had to race to build something huge right out of the gate, and now they've done everything there is to do and don't play anymore.  

What needs to happen is a log in count down timer.  They need to ignore "sleeping time" and just check time since last login.  Start decay at 4 days, and run it till day  20 and it disappears.  Same for claim flags.  Half this abandoned stuff would already be gone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm all for fixing the mass amount of land and ships that's been left by people who have quit the game,  I'm not certain as to how to fix it.. I mean I don't want to lose my stuff that I have because I take a family vacation for two weeks into the mountains where there is no internet, I'm a solo player so it's not like another company member can keep up on maintenance and I can't afford the NPC"s to maintain my ships either.   5 gold to hire them but  then you have to have enough to cover the cost by the hour as well.  Yeah I know your going to suggest doing more treasure maps cause gold is easy to get.. I haven't been able to solo a treasure map yet.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong but dying over and over and trying to run back to get my gear and weapons while the undead just spawn on top of me again isn't something I enjoy doing nor do I have the time to waste doing it.  I actually have a job and a family and can't spend hours upon hours doing repeated failures at a attempt to obtain gold to pay for NPC's that I don't actually benefit from.

I agree the issues needs addressed but the question is how to address them,  how to make it fair for people who can play as much as they want and for those who can't play as much as they want, truck drivers, salesman or anyone who may have to be gone for a week at a time for business purposes, vs the high school kid or stay at home parent or work from home type of people that all enjoy sailing the high seas.   I mean no one wants to lose everything they've built and spent hours upon hours building, would you like to lose the things you have ?  There needs to be a system setup that does clear up the clutter,  the land that was claimed but is no longer in use, the people who started big but decided it wasn't for them and have left the game, the ships that were built in free port that were used to get to land and left behind all need to be addressed.  The issue is how do you take into consideration of people who can't log in every day or once a week.. 2 week grace period then rapid decay starts if you haven't  been back to the ship or land you own.  With so many people who play the game and have quit at different times would that really solve anything, we have more people starting and quitting then we do staying.  I make it a point to travel to all my lands and ships each day when I sign on or before I sign off to ensure that I'm able to keep them. I however worry about it when I'm not able to sign on to make sure I keep my claims and ships..   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

I'm all for fixing the mass amount of land and ships that's been left by people who have quit the game,  I'm not certain as to how to fix it.. I mean I don't want to lose my stuff that I have because I take a family vacation for two weeks into the mountains where there is no internet, I'm a solo player so it's not like another company member can keep up on maintenance and I can't afford the NPC"s to maintain my ships either.   

I agree.  I don't think there's any need to be so impatient that people's stuff disappears after 4 or 5 days.  You just want the stuff gone if the person's really abandoned it.  It needs to be an amount of time that covers a regular working person's schedule..family vacations, illnesses, extended power outages..stuff like that.  And it's not like you have to make the change and then declare no other changes to it ever again, either.  The games's been out for a month.  They could start with a 20 day timer and see what that does.  If it doesn't fix the problem, go to 16 days.  More than that and it's not a time problem any longer, it's a space problem and they have to fix it some other way.

• Like 1

Coming soon according to the devs:  

There are some PvE specific changes we want to make as soon as possible. First of all, we want to create two server options, which will be enabled on our Official Network.

•  Sleeping/logged off players will no longer be replicated on any grid (similarly to Freeports). This should improve server and client performance, as well reduce some cases of griefing.
  • Force destruction of any character that hasn’t been logged onto in 3 weeks (2 weeks if it’s a Homeserver).

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

18 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Nope.  I use a raft, and I've never built anything bigger.    Why should I?  SOTD mostly ignore me, and if I get smacked by a cyclone I can rebuild it.  I also live on Lawless.  Our stuff decays fast enough, thank you very much.  What's clogging up our harbor are all the bigger boats.  All those guys that had to race to build something huge right out of the gate, and now they've done everything there is to do and don't play anymore.  

What needs to happen is a log in count down timer.  They need to ignore "sleeping time" and just check time since last login.  Start decay at 4 days, and run it till day  20 and it disappears.  Same for claim flags.  Half this abandoned stuff would already be gone.

u didnt read his thread he said ABANDONED rafts not ones being used and regularly maintained .....

6 hours ago, corpse said:

Coming soon according to the devs:  

There are some PvE specific changes we want to make as soon as possible. First of all, we want to create two server options, which will be enabled on our Official Network.

•  Sleeping/logged off players will no longer be replicated on any grid (similarly to Freeports). This should improve server and client performance, as well reduce some cases of griefing.
  • Force destruction of any character that hasn’t been logged onto in 3 weeks (2 weeks if it’s a Homeserver).

We’ll also be fixing a bug which allowed sleeping characters to contest claims, even if the claim has been inactive, so going forward only logged in characters will be able to contest claims.

this is bullshit 3 das timers on flags already and now logged out bodies will no longer contest claims ,

how the fuck are we meant to have holidays ? do they really think players take their pcs on holiday with them to log in 

logged out player by all means contest the flags but yes after 3 weeks they are gone , we need to have a certain amount of protection for going awauy on holiday 

are these devs for real do they have any fucking idea about real life activities ???????

4 hours ago, UDO said:

this is bullshit 3 das timers on flags already and now logged out bodies will no longer contest claims ,

how the fuck are we meant to have holidays ? do they really think players take their pcs on holiday with them to log in 

logged out player by all means contest the flags but yes after 3 weeks they are gone , we need to have a certain amount of protection for going awauy on holiday 

are these devs for real do they have any fucking idea about real life activities ???????

I just posted about that in the Captain's log thread.  If they really mean for people to lose a claim by not logging in for 3 days, that's way too short.  Let's see if there's a response to my post over there.

Any word on when we can expect to see an update to allow us to clean up the abandoned ships?

I'm guessing rendering a bunch of sloops, rafts, and dinghys isnt doing the server/clients any favors.

Something like Freeport/Out of Territory 4 day decay timers, if people park it outside their claim, and don't return to it, would be plenty.

Whatever solution is come up with needs to also address the fact that there are a good amount of sloops that were "claimable", but it only claimed the hull, and whoever claimed it isnt able to do anything with the ship or anything on it, but now it shows as belonging to whatever company quasi-claimed it.

• Like 1

Yeah I have that issue, I claimed a partially built schooner and didn’t have access to the docs, I wasn’t going to finish the Schooner without being able to release it, I can’t scuttle it or scuttle the dock so it’s bee stuck that way for a month

I agree with all the abandoned ships around my area I have to slowly navigate to my own base. I do not want to build huge doors to keep people from being able to dock their ship and explore the island, get resources, and or get buried treasure. Sadly as it is now so many people have quit that my area has become a harbor of decaying and abandoned ships. I have counted and so far it is 19. Worse if they forget to actually anchor their ships then the cyclones tear up my ships, my buildings, and me while I am outside. It makes sense to have some sort of timer like foundations do. I would not mind giving rafts, and ships 4 days or even a week, heck maybe even 16 days for the large ships, but something really should be done. But after a certain amount of days we should be able to jettison or scuttle the ships not just sit and watch the beaches turn into landfills.

Edited by StarWhispers
  • Like 1