Sign in to follow this  
Bleakwise

Where to find whales?

So I just went all the way from A5 to A15 and O14 looking for whales, found none. I'm looking for them because I really need the blubber and items they drop. Wasn't successful in finding any, was hoping someone might provide some insights as to where they spawn or what zones they are more easily found in.

Thanks in advance.

Hunted and killed 3 whales over the last 2 days. The level 22 yielded... 7 oil. Yes 7. They do give gold too 1700ish for the 22. Found ours hunting in bottom 3 tiles. 

Thier hit box is small and you need to be closer than you would like. Best to have them follow you and shoot from the aft end. 

You can see the whales as you would in real life, look for some blow hole action.

8 hours ago, Bleakwise said:

So I just went all the way from A5 to A15 and O14 looking for whales, found none. I'm looking for them because I really need the blubber and items they drop. Wasn't successful in finding any, was hoping someone might provide some insights as to where they spawn or what zones they are more easily found in.

Thanks in advance.

I've found as many as 20 between M1-M3 to D1-D3 so but have not sailed the southern tundra/polar yet.  Many people are looking for blubber and honestly they don't drop a lot of it so unless your up for hunting 4-5 of em and spending several hours sailing you are going to be disappointed.

There you go! Jokes aside, are they pretty tough to fight?  I hear they can tear ships apart pretty quickly.  Would it be best to have cannons on the back of a boat, or ballistas?

e42927176c9e6db93ac300d3e55b4797.gif

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2019 at 5:30 AM, Bleakwise said:

Thanks in advance.

Try M1 then M4, keep going until you can hear Sheep.