Sign in to follow this  
Atlantian

11 out of top 12 servers by population in PvE are Lawless

17 out of your top 20 are lawless.

People like these and changing and messing with them effects the game population 10x more than claim system changes.

Just wanted to give people a heads up before they continue asking for Lawless to be scrapped and turned into wasteland claimed island.

We have a great community on our lawless island and I dont want to see it destroyed.

And yes there is tons of room for new people to come and build.

Used battle metrics and sorted by current active players.

• Like 3

What's more important is that the claims system just doesn't work.  Between the bugs or incomplete bits and the problems with neutral flags, they need to rework the mechanic from the ground up.

PvP you can just kill people and work around the issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

What's more important is that the claims system just doesn't work.  Between the bugs or incomplete bits and the problems with neutral flags, they need to rework the mechanic from the ground up.

PvP you can just kill people and work around the issues.

Yups the claim system being broken does not help.

Also too easy to claim entire islands which ends up making the server LOW pop because they are not on or simply dont play in PvE

The 'claim' system on Lawless sort of works because you can demo after 4 days, ships are still immune which sucks BAD due to the massive abandoned ship clutter.

Edited by Atlantian
  • Like 1

I am happy with my claim location, however i do think they need to fix them fast or the only population will be in the lawless. they need to give 10 day timers to sleepers here to. there are so many areas that have sleepers protecting their land  and have not been on for weeks. new players are just simply not able to claim land from the inactive players.  

• Like 1

I love living in Lawless lands as it is exactly like ARK and I loved many aspects about ARK that is present in ATLAS.

Exploring, building, taming, ships, cooking, crafting, and pvp are all my favorite things to do in both of these great games and even though the claim system is a really crappy idea and broken beyond belief, the Lawless zones are a dream and are really how this game should be played for all islands. If you build it you need to defend it or someone will come along and blow it up.

This is fun and promotes great PVP interactions. I would probably be forced to quit the game if they remove the Lawless zones and turn them into there claim-system ran lands.

Edited by vaylain

I revisited my old Lawless land the other day as I have a raft there with a bed on. The moment I spawned in I was greeted with tons of gates and foundations everywhere and knock-on effect on FPS was unreal. Certainly wasn't the Lawless I started on.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I revisited my old Lawless land the other day as I have a raft there with a bed on. The moment I spawned in I was greeted with tons of gates and foundations everywhere and knock-on effect on FPS was unreal. Certainly wasn't the Lawless I started on.

This is fine, players are free to build anything they desire in this game and the server lag is NOT a player's issue it is the SERVER's issue. If a player builds to many structures and you do not appreciate it, then you are free to blow them up if they are a problem for you. That is the point of lawless, you are free to destroy other players mindless structures.

Edited by vaylain

I think among the reasons for this is people from claimed lands can go and can build a taming pen very easily and Can farm without ridiculous tax rates. If I need to go and get something from a region, desert for example, I’m not going to a claimed area I’m going to go to the lawless. There really is no reason for me to go deal with claimed lands, worrying if someone’s going to get salty if I park my boat for the 2-3 hours in there are, paying 30% taxes to bunch of sleeping quitters, or having to find no mans lands on the island to build.a taming pen. I will say there has generally been very nice communities on the lawless islands I’ve gone to, but there are some nice communities in the claimed lands too.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, vaylain said:

This is fine, players are free to build anything they desire in this game and the server lag is NOT a player's issue it is the SERVER's issue. If a player builds to many structures and you do not appreciate it, then you are free to blow them up if they are a problem for you. That is the point of lawless, you are free to destroy other players mindless structures.

Not in PvE you can't. People just spam foundations around so others can't build in lawless, you don't get that on other islands.

Also I never spoke about server lag, I spoke about FPS.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

One of the bonuses lawless got I guess is there is always resource spawn. Else lawless islands would more or less be completely eco destroyed.

The claim system as we see as claim owners got 3 options in it´s current form.

1. Claim owner manages build flags or assign IDs to certain flags and keep resource spawns no build. Everything is great for everyone.

2. Claim owner keeps red flag all over. Usually low pop no good besides for people stopping by for resupply or the owner itself.

2. Claim owner set all to yellow. Will end in foundation spam and barren wastelands with little to no resources.

Edited by Shintai

47 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Not in PvE you can't. People just spam foundations around so others can't build in lawless, you don't get that on other islands.

I changed a gamesetting.ini setting to FALSE and it fixed FPS from 30 back to 60 also had to set file to read only so the game would stop overwriting it to TRUE  

the surface setting and material one

I'll be the one to lose everything soon because  I am now 1 man company. My mates don't log anymore and as a loner now I have to take care of everything. I have to work in another country for 4 months and won't be able to play so I guess I'm out

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well, I feel that there is no place in this game for PVE. The game is confused and constantly stepping on PVE toes to satisfy PVP aspects and vice versa. it needs to decide and enforce one way to play. Either it is a PVE or a PVP and then enforce that mode and concentrate efforts fully to that dedicated play mode.

Edited by vaylain

27 minutes ago, Lukas1987 said:

I'll be the one to lose everything soon because  I am now 1 man company. My mates don't log anymore and as a loner now I have to take care of everything. I have to work in another country for 4 months and won't be able to play so I guess I'm out

I feel that bad turn out is due to a lack of interest in higher levels of the game. I feel that too, as there are many times I simply log on for about 10 minutes and then log back out as all there is to do for me is farm mats. Many times I just have no interest to sail for 6 hours to explore....plttttt on that!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atlantian said:

17 out of your top 20 are lawless.

People like these and changing and messing with them effects the game population 10x more than claim system changes.

Just wanted to give people a heads up before they continue asking for Lawless to be scrapped and turned into wasteland claimed island.

We have a great community on our lawless island and I dont want to see it destroyed.

And yes there is tons of room for new people to come and build.

Used battle metrics and sorted by current active players.

I have a feeling they will realize how stupid the claim system is and scrap it, not lawless.

i mean every single aspect of the claim system is stupid. Not a few aspects, every aspect. By far the worst idea they have ever had.

once they smarten up it will be like ark where you can build anywhere and there is just the buffer between bases. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atlantian said:

I changed a gamesetting.ini setting to FALSE and it fixed FPS from 30 back to 60 also had to set file to read only so the game would stop overwriting it to TRUE  

the surface setting and material one

I have a high-end PC and I still turn down GPU performance settings like shadows and such to get decent FPS and I am from an older generation and I tend to tolerate lesser FPS than my kids seem to enjoy. I don't notice any game issues myself concerning FPS.

5 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

I think among the reasons for this is people from claimed lands can go and can build a taming pen very easily and Can farm without ridiculous tax rates. If I need to go and get something from a region, desert for example, I’m not going to a claimed area I’m going to go to the lawless. There really is no reason for me to go deal with claimed lands, worrying if someone’s going to get salty if I park my boat for the 2-3 hours in there are, paying 30% taxes to bunch of sleeping quitters, or having to find no mans lands on the island to build.a taming pen. I will say there has generally been very nice communities on the lawless islands I’ve gone to, but there are some nice communities in the claimed lands too.

Yep, I have a lot of land in Lawless and I never mind when others come to visit. I often times hope they brought exotic resources to trade with them. I don't mind their taming pens since the Lawless lands have a very fast decay rate of 4 days and that is perfect.

Edited by vaylain

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

I have a feeling they will realize how stupid the claim system is and scrap it, not lawless.

i mean every single aspect of the claim system is stupid. Not a few aspects, every aspect. By far the worst idea they have ever had.

once they smarten up it will be like ark where you can build anywhere and there is just the buffer between bases. 

I would love for Grapeshot to consider this. This is exactly what makes ARK so great to me.

• Like 1

In PVP the megagrind tryhard superfriends companies have claimed up massive areas of real estate that they don't use.   

I lived in Lawless for a long time, I loved it. But I chose to move.

Not even an hour on the ocean only one grid over and up, i found a whole island whose players had abandoned.
Due to the decline in players land is popping up everywhere, I randomly planted a flag somewhere last night just to see if I could over in the B's and it worked lol.

The claim is wack, i wont deny there are issues with it. I do wish they'd put a first come first serve system.
Example: A sea claim wouldn't overlap a land claim, the land claim would have its full circle if placed first and the sea claim would be cut off if placed second for however much would overlap.

But the real problem is the sleepers.
What they should do is kick off a timer if your character doesn't move for an extended period of time (Since you can't drag sleeping bodies, it would rely on the person actually logging in).

And they need to fix the display. No it's not game breaking, it does no harm, everyone knows at -250/-300 seconds it's claimable. But still something nice should be done to make it look pretty so people who are new don't get confused.

17 minutes ago, vaylain said:

I would love for Grapeshot to consider this. This is exactly what makes ARK so great to me.

Yeah I really can’t believe they did the claim crap. Blows my mind really. They will learn though

2 hours ago, Realist said:

The only aspect that I think is good about the claim system is you don’t have people spaming random foundations all over the damn plce preventing people from building. I’m not sure how they fix this. Just wish people could not be turds.

until sleepers are removed from areas across the maps , then lawless is the only way to have a base once these areas have had sleepers removed then there will masses of land for claiming and u can all move along to let others onto lawless yp get started 

We got small peaceful town in lawless tundra (PVE) and thinking of when all servers wipe, we will go and settle there again. We do love the place. And somehow there is NO foundations, no huge gates arround. Just 4 more bases (2 villages and 2 stone forts).

wSYv4lE.jpg

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vaylain said:

Well, I feel that there is no place in this game for PVE. The game is confused and constantly stepping on PVE toes to satisfy PVP aspects and vice versa. it needs to decide and enforce one way to play. Either it is a PVE or a PVP and then enforce that mode and concentrate efforts fully to that dedicated play mode.

You feel there is no place in this game for PvE, yet you came into a PvE specific thread and started commenting on it from a PvP perspective. :classic_blink: