Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Thank you Community Managers - Bans taking place.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Okay now we're talking about two different things. 

With regards to price, it's funny that you talk about it being common sense what the price should be, but then assert that this is nowhere even close to half the game. How could anyone possibly know what the full game will be one month into a two year EA? This assertion fails on, you guessed it, common sense. Putting that aside, if what you say is true, in a free market, especially where luxury goods are concerned (and video games are the definition of a luxury good), if the price is inappropriate for the product offered, the market will respond accordingly. Windmill crusades and claims of evil by you are completely unnecessary to this process.  Framing this as unethical belies a poor understanding of the difference between ethics and just plain old poor business decisions.

Now let's talk about EA and whether gamers should be paying to be testers, because here we have some common ground. I think that Early Access does have a place in the industry, but so far I'm of the opinion that the appropriate use of EA lies with how it allows small independant studios to get their game funded and tested, and thus allows them to offer gamers unique innovative games that might not otherwise see the light of day. When used this way, EA is a win win. When Wildcard started out with Ark, they were the poster child for EA success. Where I think you and I are in agreement is to question whether that model is appropriate for a company like GrapeCard to be allowed by steam to use when they are sitting on a pile of cash from Ark's success and no longer a small unknown under funded indie studio.

Where we likely differ is in our assessment of who is or should be responsible for this decision. I don't fault GrapeCard™ because any reasonable business in their shoes would make the same decision. Up to the point of Atlas's launch, EA had little to no downside for developers, so why wouldn't they? What I think the mess of Atlas's launch has shown is that Steam should strongly consider setting limitations on which developers are allowed to use EA, and clearly defining what pre EA development standards need to be met before the product can be offered for sale. Because where all those critics have a point is that what is now sometimes being called EA used to be alpha or beta testing, and while those testing phases often weren't open, they were always free.

I would contend that the issue of EA and it's appropriate use is bigger than Wildshot™ or Atlas, and that when critics say that the gaming industry is a mess right now and losing it's customer base, slipshod use of EA is a prime example of what they mean. I won't agree with you that these folks are evil, but I will agree that gamers should be loudly demanding more accountability and clearer standards when it comes to Early Access.

I know what they said would be added into the game. Half isn’t there yet. Not half a game.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

They haven’t gotten anything right. Nobody cares about cheaters when the Megas a re the real problem.

time for a reality check. Megas are worse than the Chinese. And guess what they devs themselves are worse than both.

numbers weren’t dropping because of the Chinese. They are dropping because of the  Megas and the devs poor choices.

no wonder you don’t have any likes or comments. I didn’t hear one piece of good news in this post. The fact the even have a ban list is stupid and wrong

I said going down this path all along pushing mega companies is a bad move but no one listens lol

watch the rats feel a sinking ship!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I'm not convinced.  Keep trying.

Lol I am still waiting for the large sea battles. Wonder when that will happen.

yeah dude. Who knows you might be right. I am sure they will give up and just say here it is, the done product 2 months from now. 

And yep, then I would have been wrong by saying half the game wasn’t out yet. Let see if they prove me wrong

1 minute ago, Realist said:

I know what they said would be added into the game. Half isn’t there yet. Not half a game.

I'm not sure, but I think you just ignored everything he said and spewed out something totally unrelated.  And I'm pretty sure that everything I saw in the trailer is in the game.  It may not be to my liking and I may not be able to interact with it the way the trailer suggests, but it is there.

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I said going down this path all along pushing mega companies is a bad move but no one listens lol

watch the rats feel a sinking ship!

Oh yeah. Btw they actually hit the 20% decrease mark. Smh still falling

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Lol I am still waiting for the large sea battles. Wonder when that will happen.

Well... I watched a streamer about a week ago with his company take 6 or 7 ships after a Galleon. So, for now, I'd say that's already happened.

Next.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I'm not sure, but I think you just ignored everything he said and spewed out something totally unrelated.  And I'm pretty sure that everything I saw in the trailer is in the game.  It may not be to my liking and I may not be able to interact with it the way the trailer suggests, but it is there.

That was just the trailer lol the stuff that isn’t added yet wouldn’t be in the trailer lol. You realize they said it would be early access for 2 years right? 

Even though I think they are idiots, I am pretty sure it wouldn’t take even them 2 years to do some fixes.

they are planning on adding a lot more. That is what they do, they push out content instead of optimization. It isn’t an ea thing. It’s a wildcard thing

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

Well... I watched a streamer about a week ago with his company take 6 or 7 ships after a Galleon. So, for now, I'd say that's already happened.

Next.

Not sure if I read that right. 6 or 7 ships chased down 1 galleon?

doesnt sound like a large ship battle to me. It does sound like Megas doing what they do though

Just now, Realist said:

That was just the trailer lol the stuff that isn’t added yet wouldn’t be in the trailer lol. You realize they said it would be early access for 2 years right? 

Even though I think they are idiots, I am pretty sure it wouldn’t take even them 2 years to do some fixes.

they are planning on adding a lot more. That is what they do, they push out content instead of optimization. It isn’t an ea thing. It’s a wildcard thing

Yep, I read EA for 2 years. So?  You think they're idiots... opinion.  Not a reason for me to quit. More content instead of fixes?  Name one.. ONE game company in the past 10 years that hasn't done exactly that.

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

I'm sorry but this is the sort of argument that when made by someone like you, who doesn't own the game, and is therefore making it from the outside looking in, just carries zero weight with me whatsoever. Your assertion of what the game is or isn't isn't even based on your own experience of playing it, and to me that makes it inherently inferior to my own, which is that yes, there is half a game here. 

It's kind of absurd that you would expect to be taken seriously on stuff like this.

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Yep, I read EA for 2 years. So?  You think they're idiots... opinion.  Not a reason for me to quit. More content instead of fixes?  Name one.. ONE game company in the past 10 years that hasn't done exactly that.

Dude, where are you getting me telling you to quit. You literally bring that up every single time. I never once said that. At least try to drop that.

rare

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Oh yeah. Btw they actually hit the 20% decrease mark. Smh still falling

No Man's Sky went from a peak of 212,321 to just over 1,000 players.  That's a 99.5% drop (or thereabouts)  What's your point?

Dude, where are you getting me telling you to quit. You literally bring that up every single time. I never once said that. At least try to drop that.

rare

Then why are you spewing all over these forums?  Self-gratification?  Trying to massage your butt-hurt ego?  WHY?

rare

The subtext of every post you've ever made to these forums is that everyone should quit. You assert that Wildcard is evil and shady and unethical. You do so openly and repeatedly. It defies reason that it wouldn't also follow that you are urging everyone to quit, including Lafitte.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I'm sorry but this is the sort of argument that when made by someone like you, who doesn't own the game, and is therefore making it from the outside looking in, just carries zero weight with me whatsoever. Your assertion of what the game is or isn't isn't even based on your own experience of playing it, and to me that makes it inherently inferior to my own, which is that yes, there is half a game here. 

It's kind of absurd that you would expect to be taken seriously on stuff like this.

It’s not my job to worry or care about who takes me seriously. 

Still don’t have to own the game to see what’s on the forums, Twitter, Reddit. 

Sure I am going off of others experiences. I would much rather learn from their mistakes than my own 👍

so believe me no matter how inferior you think my opinion is, yours is far inferior to the multiple people have share all of the bad things, because if there were just people like you here, I might have been fooled into buying it

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

The subtext of every post you've ever made to these forums is that everyone should quit. You assert that Wildcard is evil and shady and unethical. You do so openly and repeatedly. It defies reason that it wouldn't also follow that you are urging everyone to quit, including Lafitte.

You sure do a lot of assuming. And really? Try to tell that guy to quit? Lmao. Sorry man, wouldn’t bother telling the grass not to be green either.

It’s not my job to worry or care about who takes me seriously. 

Still don’t have to own the game to see what’s on the forums, Twitter, Reddit. 

Sure I am going off of others experiences. I would much rather learn from their mistakes than my own 👍

so believe me no matter how inferior you think my opinion is, yours is far inferior to the multiple people have share all of the bad things, because if there were just people like you here, I might have been fooled into buying it

Oh get real. You want EVERYONE to take you seriously because your stated goal is to show everyone that WildCard is evil and shady and unethical. If we don't take you seriously, how can you convince us of that? 

And yes, you are proceeding from a flawed premise, because you believe that secondhand information found here on the forums and other social media is somehow superior to firsthand experience. That's just absurd as an idea on it's face.

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

You sure do a lot of assuming. And really? Try to tell that guy to quit? Lmao. Sorry man, wouldn’t bother telling the grass not to be green either.

Tell me right here and now that you aren't of the opinion that everyone should quit playing Atlas and you attempt to convey this opinion when posting, because you can't claim you think Wildcard is evil and shady and unethical and not also do this, the two are inconsistent with each other.

Edited by boomervoncannon

5 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

You are nothing more than a self hating, angry, attention starved internet troll man.  

Definitely not self hating. Angry sure. Not doing it for attention, and not a troll

6 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

You are nothing more than a self hating, angry, attention starved internet troll man.  

No. He's Don Quixote, Man of La Mancha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Tell me right here and now that you aren't of the opinion that everyone should quit playing Atlas and you attempt to convey this opinion when posting, because you can't claim you think Wildcard is evil and shady and unethical and not also do this, the two are inconsistent with each other.

How are they inconsistent? I don’t like the company and I will express my views, but of course I believe that everyone has the freedom to make their own decisions. I never tell anyone to quit playing.

so no, I don’t have to be both and I am not both. I know you want me to fit in the box man but I don’t. Sorry to tell you

14 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Oh get real. You want EVERYONE to take you seriously because your stated goal is to show everyone that WildCard is evil and shady and unethical. If we don't take you seriously, how can you convince us of that? 

And yes, you are proceeding from a flawed premise, because you believe that secondhand information found here on the forums and other social media is somehow superior to firsthand experience. That's just absurd as an idea on it's face.

Yeah sure who cares what my college professor tells me about US history. I live in America so my first hand knowledge is far superior to his. 

First hand means nothing

Edited by Realist

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

No. He's Don Quixote, Man of La Mancha.

LOL, and with that I'm done here. Nothing more can be said...

Except, can we start calling @Scorpionshawn Sancho Panza?

• Haha 1

How are they inconsistent? I don’t like the company and I will express my views, but of course I believe that everyone has the freedom to make their own decisions. I never tell anyone to quit playing.

so no, I don’t have to be both and I am not both. I know you want me to fit in the box man but I don’t. Sorry to tell you

Then I guess we really shouldn't take your claims of how bad a company they are seriously, because if people can still make up their own minds for themselves, and if it's still just a game, then that means your endless posting and crusading is really just trolling in the end.

Yeah sure who cares what my college professor tells me about US history. I love in America so my first hand knowledge is far superior to his. 

First hand means nothing

Tell that to a combat veteran. Only expect to get your ass kicked when you do. 

What a patently absurd statement.

1 hour ago, strawman said:

lootboxes are just gambling, which has been recognized for many centuries by many cultures as evil

yea, i've read it, and here's the thing: positive reinforcement isn't working. sometimes people are too stupid or arrogant to respond to it, sometimes the people who matter (grapeshot execs) aren't paying attention. plenty of people have made posts here and on reddit applauding the few good decisions grapeshot has made - yet they still keep trashing the game and only responding to outrage (see the elephant nerf). nothing else to do now but quit logging in and start screaming on the forums

Sometimes the positive reinforcement very rare and is buried in so much hatred and BS that the maze-runner gives up looking for it

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Definitely not self hating. Angry sure. Not doing it for attention, and not a troll

/shrug.  I'm not here to be your personal therapist though it seems you do need one.  You are resolving nothing, helping no one (including yourself) by sitting on a forum for gamers and a game they play that you have no experience in because you have never played it.  Literally no one here is listening to you and you are just screaming into the empty void with all your angst and crying.  If you actually wanted your opinion to matter where it counts you would take it to more appropriate places but you don't, you're here instead.

Definitely for attention.  Definitely self hating or you'd choose to go do other joyful things with your time, definitely a typical generic internet troll.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Realist said:

Once again, doesn’t mayter if I own the game.

they already talked about everything that would be added, and so far not even half of “everything” is in the game. So yeah not even half a game.

i also never said you had to stop playing. Never said it once

Wrong.  You do NOT own the game. you just own a license that allows you access to it.

What do you own after the last server is reformatted?