Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Thank you Community Managers - Bans taking place.

5 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Well, let's break this down, shall we?

Machiavellianism... focus on self-interest and deception.  You are trying to deceive people in to believing that WC is evil by using worthless statistics and opinions.  The motivation for doing so is something you haven't revealed so it's for your own self-interest.

Psychopathy... selfishness, callousness and remorselessness.  You are trying to sabotage WC/GS for your own selfish reasons and you don't care about the fact that a lot of people depend on that company to feed their families and pay the bills.

Sadism - Again, I don't want to know what kind of pleasure you get out of doing this but you obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have been doing it both here and on the Ark forms.  However, you have consistently made efforts to humiliate WC/GS by posting hearsay and by over inflating the importance of a declining playerbase.  So I give that a maybe.

Since you agreed on most of Narcissism, let's look at anti-social.

Anti-social behaviours are actions that harm or lack consideration for the well-being of others. It has also been defined as any type of conduct that violates the basic rights of another person and any behaviour that is considered to be disruptive to others in society.

You've been nothing but disruptive on these forums.  You have made extreme efforts to try to crucify GS and therefore have no consideration for the well-being of their employees.  Trying to interfere with their right to sell a perfectly legitimate product? Yea.

Anti-social? I'd have to say - Check.

Not legitimate. Anyways, you sure do have a wild imagination man, I’ll give you that. On that note I gotta head to bed. I did enjoy reading your analysis though. Wrong but I did enjoy it. Have a good night.

edit: you are welcome for getting your thread in gear.

Edited by Realist

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Not legitimate. Anyways, you sure do have a wild imagination man, I’ll give you that. On that note I gotta head to bed. I did enjoy reading your analysis though. Wrong but I did enjoy it. Have a good night.

I rest my case.

To get back on topic, we have had the ban list in place since the launch of the title and have been actively banning folks since.. probably day 2 or day 3. Once we've enabled BattlEye, the number of bans are increasing tenfold and we're updating the global banlist to include those BE bans so that any unofficials who may not run BattlEye, but use the list can still prevent these rule breakers from playing on their servers. Since then we have wiped a few more companies, and today we ended up wiping+disbanding one as the leadership weren't able to keep some of their members from playing by the rules. You'll see that list continue to grow, especially as we make more tools to identify users who have broken the rules and are playing unfairly. 

I have thought about doing something that's more akin to a 'hall of shame', but not really sure how that would fly... for now having these users banned and added to the banlist so other servers can make use of them is sufficient. 

2 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I am quite vocal. I will be one of the first to start shaking a finger at misguided, screwed up patches.  But I'd like to think that I'm also going to be one of the first who pats them on the back when they do get it right.  Why? I can tell you now that if I was Jat or Dollie, I would have stopped reading these negative threads long ago. And peeking at what Jat does read on these forums, I suspect he does just that.  While everyone was screaming about the stone nerf, he was reading posts on the Linux server thread. It's really hard to keep your motivation going when everyone is intent on shitting on you. In order to prevent being demotivated, the easiest solution is to ignore them.

In regards to this, rest assured I am reading as much as humanly possible (in relation to my other duties too) all the feedback and criticism, negativity or positivity, and the threads that are reaching out to the team asking us to consider taking a different approach in how we handle ATLAS' development etc. I can definitely see all the frustrations regarding the recent Stone Structure changes, and completely understand why players would be upset. It's something the team are actively discussing and when we have something we want to share, we'll let you guys know. In the meantime, there is still an endless list of problems that I want to deal with and make sure are getting attention. Linux servers being one of those many things.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now. I appreciate the thought but it looks like it's veered quite a lot off topic and to be frank, a lot of it is irrelevant. You can be assured that there will be many more bans and wipes to come, as they're needed and we're only going to be ramping it up as we further develop our toolset. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2