Jump to content

PSA to Xbox players regarding low FPS Read more...
Unable to gain experience points in Freeports? Read more...
StefanKyle84

pve Organic paste requirement for Stone Structure is insane ! Do not punish PVE players for the PVP mistakes ! Eliminate organic paste requirement from Stone Structures !

Recommended Posts

I love this idea ! it makes people go out to find sap! Like my company does we will fill a ship with the stuff along with crystals and bring back to make organic paste. If any one cant go out to get the stuff then there Land lovers and need to adventure out!!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saps of all kind are all over the place in bulk. Do the public servers not have them in order to make it in the mortar and pestle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, Cantore said:

This is EXACTLY how I feel about it! I was going to build my own smaller & actually functional version of a stone hexagonal lighthouse. I built most of the stone foundations, and then stopped when this patch came out. I literally tore it all up and put their crappy lighthouse up that does nothing but turn on/off. Now, if the devs DID do something right, it would be to add more snail spawns for organic paste in all sectors, and make it something you can dig for. They should ALSO allow us to farm bees/honey for it. And, if they REALLY want to make our Christmas list come true - how about NOT de-spawning resources more than 1 block away from a foundation and shipyard!!!

Just make it from sap and fiber. Both are plentiful and take seconds to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WildDaisy said:

Saps of all kind are all over the place in bulk. Do the public servers not have them in order to make it in the mortar and pestle?

maybe you should refrain from commenting if you dont play official...

sap can be very scarce, or non-existent in some regions

metal nodes are often blocked, destroyed, or otherwise inaccessible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 2:13 PM, StefanKyle84 said:

Not every players have the time to travel so much on this Mega Map to get few organic paste pieces and die a lot ! It's enough to ask metal BUT organic paste for some stones !! This PVE mode becomes more and more insane and fucked up because the bad people and mistakes that are made on PVP !!!

PVE is not PVP, FFS !

Eliminate the organic paste from Stone Structures, pls !

Why dont you set up some trade routes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Endo Fett said:

maybe you should refrain from commenting if you dont play official...

sap can be very scarce, or non-existent in some regions

metal nodes are often blocked, destroyed, or otherwise inaccessible

I play on both official and unofficial.

Saps in the form of Sugars that are harvestable via the bear can net you thousands in just a few swipes, same with the fiber you need. Toss it on a paste schooner(designed purely to ship the bear with some mortars and pestles somewhere and you can transport thousands of paste back to base easily. Not as nice as just having it on your island sure. But to say it's scarce means you are not looking around at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

I play on both official and unofficial.

Saps in the form of Sugars that are harvestable via the bear can net you thousands in just a few swipes, same with the fiber you need. Toss it on a paste schooner(designed purely to ship the bear with some mortars and pestles somewhere and you can transport thousands of paste back to base easily. Not as nice as just having it on your island sure. But to say it's scarce means you are not looking around at all.

So it's not quite thousands per a few swipes but there are places to get sugar pretty easy Also the sugar plants in my square are sometimes hard to see and we didn't find them for a long time簪\_()_/簪 small little green sprigs of grass with tiny flowers on top of each one.

I've been running a bear and ship back and forth...I'm going to have to load up some mortar and pestles if the paste is lighter so I can bring back moar paste!!! Great idea! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Occulta_Impetum said:

So it's not quite thousands per a few swipes but there are places to get sugar pretty easy Also the sugar plants in my square are sometimes hard to see and we didn't find them for a long time簪\_()_/簪 small little green sprigs of grass with tiny flowers on top of each one.

I've been running a bear and ship back and forth...I'm going to have to load up some mortar and pestles if the paste is lighter so I can bring back moar paste!!! Great idea! LOL

Use the damage buff on the tame, seems to help with harvesting more. Found a jackpot of sugars when I was doing a treasure hunt using the right click to do more damage.

Sap is I believe 10 weight per 20 in a stack, Paste is 50 weight per 500 in a stack. Remember to use a ship resource box since it stacks higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Use the damage buff on the tame, seems to help with harvesting more. Found a jackpot of sugars when I was doing a treasure hunt using the right click to do more damage.

Sap is I believe 10 weight per 20 in a stack, Paste is 50 weight per 500 in a stack. Remember to use a ship resource box since it stacks higher.

I feel silly now LOL I use the attack buff when collecting wood with the Elephant but totally forgot to do that with the bear and sugar HELLO LOADS OF PASTE!!!

That's 5x the amount of sugar LOL

Edited by Occulta_Impetum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildDaisy said:

Just make it from sap and fiber. Both are plentiful and take seconds to make.

I want you to notice that you did not list any Tundra location. Case closed. The Tundra regions account for as much land as temperate and tropical climates COMBINED. Now, tell me again why they need to make paste a required ingredient without having any source of sap/sugar in most regions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cantore said:

I want you to notice that you did not list any Tundra location. Case closed. The Tundra regions account for as much land as temperate and tropical climates COMBINED. Now, tell me again why they need to make paste a required ingredient without having any source of sap/sugar in most regions?

However, when you count desert and Equatorial then sap is available in most regions. Basically out of 225 there is 90 that do not have a natural spawn available, not what I would call most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indywoodtiger said:

However, when you count desert and Equatorial then sap is available in most regions. Basically out of 225 there is 90 that do not have a natural spawn available, not what I would call most.

Really - you want to be technical? Technically, there's a LOT of temperate islands with no sap as well. Did you count that while you were missing my point? The POINT was that the resource is not readily available for EVERYONE, and I will still hold to 'MOST'. Because we STILL have griefers and turds who either build in the wrong place (removing the resources), or foundation spam (removing the resource). Take your pick, I still win the argument that organic paste is NOT an easy resource for a LOT of people. Unless the devs change it so that it IS a readily-available resource, then I would argue further that in both PvE AND PvP, it gives players with the sap/sugar/honey resource a supremely unfair advantage, given that hostile animals can and will destroy every other building material.

Edited by Cantore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cantore said:

Really - you want to be technical? Technically, there's a LOT of temperate islands with no sap as well. Did you count that while you were missing my point? The POINT was that the resource is not readily available for EVERYONE, and I will still hold to 'MOST'. Because we STILL have griefers and turds who either build in the wrong place (removing the resources), or foundation spam (removing the resource). Take your pick, I still win the argument that organic paste is NOT an easy resource for a LOT of people. Unless the devs change it so that it IS a readily-available resource, then I would argue further that in both PvE AND PvP, it gives players with the sap/sugar/honey resource a supremely unfair advantage, given that hostile animals can and will destroy every other building material.

Your argument was not that it ism't easy, you specifically stated it wasn't AVAILABLE in MOST regions. That is not correct, all temperate, desert and equatorial servers have it available, doesnt mean it is there on every island. I have visited a few that are barren of trees, one I remember wondering how they got any fiber to make anything. There areadvantages to living in certain places and that I am sure was a decision for strategic gameplay.I assume that the implementation of the paste was to deter people from say.... I don't know maybe building a lighthouse of there own out of stone and causing server lag thus detracting from the official server.

PS You win nothing as this conversation can not have a winner as it is only opinion based, since you do not want to go on actual data.

Happy Sailing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It killed off my small company. Adults have a lower amount of time to play games. When you set simple building tasks up so you need to sink hours into sailing far away to get metal and sap, you push them into a decision to play just to grind, or find another game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Indywoodtiger said:

Your argument was not that it ism't easy, you specifically stated it wasn't AVAILABLE in MOST regions. That is not correct, all temperate, desert and equatorial servers have it available, doesnt mean it is there on every island. I have visited a few that are barren of trees, one I remember wondering how they got any fiber to make anything. There areadvantages to living in certain places and that I am sure was a decision for strategic gameplay.I assume that the implementation of the paste was to deter people from say.... I don't know maybe building a lighthouse of there own out of stone and causing server lag thus detracting from the official server.

PS You win nothing as this conversation can not have a winner as it is only opinion based, since you do not want to go on actual data.

Happy Sailing

The implementation of the paste seems to beto make people sail for it, and because it's partially realistic (I'm assuming on both of these points). Again, you're right, there's no 'winner' in a bunch of opinions. I'm simply holding to the fact (data included), that not EVERYONE has access to something that is needed for building stone structures. EVERYONE SHOULD have access to be able to build with stone structures because every OTHER type of structure is able to be damaged by animals, and griefed by other players by leading animalsto attack them while standing near someone's structure(seen this done). You can say want you want about me 'spamming' the server with a lighthouse structure, but it was going to be a functional structure, not just a garble of stone. I don't believe paste was meant to grief us into not building a structure with it, as you suggest. I further state that stone structures should be accessible to EVERYONE to keep things even and to keep things fun for those that like to build with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they did the right thing, now the stone is more expensive! All sectors are crowded with idiotic gates, people set up blunt stone boxes, or dull high-rise buildings, as if in an arch, with guns at the top, which shoot through the entire map! I'm tired! you swim to the island and it all starts to render, the computer freezes, giant stone gatesannoy!

Remove the paste and iron? Well let them be removed, but the spawn of the stone should be less, and the stone itself is heavier. So slowly spawned, that would have to carry it and buy in other lands

On 1/24/2019 at 11:44 PM, Faicorf said:

Even now.. If i wanted to make something out of stone, there would be no wood, thatch or cement needed....

Image result for dry stone wall

See any metal, wood or even paste (cement/concrete) in this stone wall? because i certainly don't...

Stone walls require nothing but stone....

We expect things to change, but for the better, not making things worse everyday.

Try building a house like this, or a high wall.

Edited by Pchela Lesnaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 3:10 AM, PortgasDAce said:

I love this idea ! it makes people go out to find sap! Like my company does we will fill a ship with the stuff along with crystals and bring back to make organic paste. If any one cant go out to get the stuff then there Land lovers and need to adventure out!!

It's not that people aren't willing to travel for it. It's a problem when the certain areas have everything they need in such abundancethey are giving it away for free. My company sailed a galleon for 4 hours toM10. (Snooze-ville to the max sailing for 4 hours while avoiding ghost ships.)From there we took our sweet time trying to figure out what people wanted to trade. A week worth of island hopping and still, nothing. BP's and gold everyone seems to have. Metals, mounts, special quality items, nope. The players still were giving us animals, gear and, even offered a free Brig. I like that everyone is nice but, no one wanted to trade. It was sad really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, Pchela Lesnaya said:

I think they did the right thing, now the stone is more expensive! All sectors are crowded with idiotic gates, people set up blunt stone boxes, or dull high-rise buildings, as if in an arch, with guns at the top, which shoot through the entire map! I'm tired! you swim to the island and it all starts to render, the computer freezes, giant stone gatesannoy!

Remove the paste and iron? Well let them be removed, but the spawn of the stone should be less, and the stone itself is heavier. So slowly spawned, that would have to carry it and buy in other lands

Try building a house like this, or a high wall.

Buildings get BIGGERwhen you have to layer them in wood...

This has been astupid change since its inception.

To illustrate my point I think Ill go make 100 000 cheap newthatchwalls and make a wall around the entire zone...

Edited by Endo Fett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×