Sign in to follow this  
Daish

trying to balance in a dying game instead of focusing on bugs will kill this game

43 minutes ago, Faicorf said:

Well some people have to be when there are people like you running around claiming there is fuck all wrong with how this game is being developed. I understand wanting to back a game you want to do well, but you are just completely naive.

Not to mention it has been named "the worst video game launch in history"

Then whoever claimed that has no experience with MMOs… it's an outright silly opinion and in is no way a fact. I can name several that were worse and were FULL release games. Even the biggest MMO, WOW, was as bad, but I do give them credit, what they had to deal with was pretty major.

2 hours ago, Nari said:

Depends how you define test. They could give us access to spawn commands and all skills then wipe later if the point was to break the game so they could fix it but its not. Just like ARK the point is to let things play out naturally by design and monitor feedback. There is no one way to develop games. They have chosen the rapid fire iteration approach and that's their decision to make.

what rapid fire? You mean swinging from one extreme to another? Just like you just did, spawn commands and all skills? That's the thought process of what is exactly what is bad for the growth of the game. It's not balance, it's throwing shit out because they have no idea what they want it to be most of the time. That's why the keep having to reverse things they do. People say,  well it's early access, it's the time to do that....NO it's not the time to do that.  Stability, bug fixes, sound decisions of balance are what keeps an Early Access game growing and getting better.

Lemme give you just a small example. Testing tames. I had not yet got a giraffe yet. I tried, taming it is so annoying now, I really don't even care to get one to try it out.... I know it might seem trivial. But, i'm kind of a hard person to frustrate. I don't get bored easily. So is just about me figuring out the "new gimmick" or did they make the mechanic 'challenging"? in the end , does it really even matter. If I stop playing because of it, they won't know that. They just see one less person online. They may chalk it up to stone nerf, or lag issue, or taming nerf, who knows.... All I know is, why spend a few hours trying to learn the latest way of taming a giraffe when it just gonna get changed again. So, as a huge supporter of EA and knowing exactly what it means, I ask you what's more important, testing ways to tame or getting to test the tame itself? oh wait, maybe I did tame it and ordered it to get on a ship and it disappeared and received a death message.....see the problem here... 

I'm just one person, I understand in the grand scheme of things, my opinions mean little to this game.  in the end, all that matters to me is, one more piece of content is out of my reach(for whatever reason).

1 hour ago, noquarter said:

You mean swinging from one extreme to another? [...] Stability, bug fixes, sound decisions of balance are what keeps an Early Access game growing and getting better.

I'm just one person, I understand in the grand scheme of things, my opinions mean little to this game.  in the end, all that matters to me is, one more piece of content is out of my reach(for whatever reason).

There are two primary methods of software/game development. Quality controlled iteration and rapid fire break it & fix it iteration. Grapshot's workflow is the latter and they choose to involve the community early. Meaning our in-game experience will be as chaotic as the production.

It may be an extreme suggestion if your argument is for healthy steady growth and success but it is certainly not unheard of. If the argument is it EA we're supposed to test and break things then no it's perfectly reasonable to expect 1pt per skill and 5x harvest or the ability to simply spawn loadouts/resources until Beta or even release, but that is not what these devs expect from their EA trial. We are community testers and guinea pigs that paid to be here right now not later when things are more balanced and stable. You need to look no further than ARK to realize this. These devs already have a sweet/sour rep from it's history and so far it seems pretty clear that most of that history will repeat itself throughout the course of Atlas's development.

For anyone unfamiliar with that history let me TL:DR it for you. They have an idea for a game. They use EA to offset funding for said game. Then attmept to develope it into fruition meanwhile taking note of your majority opinion and making small adjustments to compensate. With the occasional "Yea we F***ed that up roll it back" as we just witnessed with discoveries.

Edited by Nari

6 minutes ago, Nari said:

There are two primary methods of software/game development. Quality controlled iteration and rapid fire break it & fix it iteration. Grapshot's workflow is the latter and they choose to involve the community early. Meaning our in-game experience will be as chaotic as the production.

It may be an extreme suggestion if your argument is for healthy steady growth and success but it is certainly not unheard of. If the argument is it EA we're supposed to test and break things then no it's perfectly reasonable to expect 1pt per skill and 5x harvest or the ability to simply spawn loadouts/resources until Beta or even release, but that is not what these devs expect from their EA trial. We are community testers and guinea pigs that paid to be here right now not later when things are more balanced and stable. You need to look no further than ARK to realize this. These devs already have a sweet/sour rep from it's history and so far it seems pretty clear that most of that history will repeat itself throughout the course of Atlas's development.

ark was exactly opposite of this in the beginning.  It wasn't until later they started that. It's part of what stunted their growth when they started it and it's what killed dark and light.  If ark had started out like this, it would never have been a Dark and light or atlas because it never would have held its population. This is something you do in closed testing, not EA, or it will fail.

They even know this already, that's why they gave us a character respec button. But even they did that badly, because of the way to fast leveling early on. I'm just saying, if they keep on doing things the way they doing them, this will just be another dark and light. Atlas just has further to fall...so it will seem like it's doing better. 

Here's the one thing I've noticed, concerning your rapid fire theory, why has almost every extreme balance patch been towards taking away or nerfing the player? If its rapid fire like you say, where are the patches that go extremely towards making the player to strong? Nerfing isn't the answer to balancing a game, never has been, never will be. Content is what balances gameplay more than anything. If player are to strong, add more harder stuff to do. 

Think about it, 40k players played this game pretty consistently at first with all the negative reviews and rocky server issues. That means they must have really enjoyed it in the beginning to overcome that....

11 minutes ago, noquarter said:

Here's the one thing I've noticed, concerning your rapid fire theory, why has almost every extreme balance patch been towards taking away or nerfing the player? If its rapid fire like you say, where are the patches that go extremely towards making the player to strong?

This is a live PvP environment with PvE as an afterthought. To assume that the pendulum must swing the other way under this approach is naive. I'll remind you of Fire arrows and Feat exploits as well as many other security issues already allowing player to basically be gods albeit temporarily. As well as rejuvenation. Does the stack cap? If so when? How many stats is it in total? Is that OP and need to be adjusted? Time will tell.

Edited by Nari

6 minutes ago, Nari said:

This is a live PvP environment with PvE as an afterthought. To assume that the pendulum must swing the other way under this approach is naive. I'll remind you of Fire arrows and Feat exploits as well as many other security issues already allowing player to basically be gods albeit temporarily. As well as rejuvenation. Does the stack cap? If so when? How many stats is it in total? Is that OP and need to be adjusted? Time will tell.

those weren't patched in though... but they sure were patched out 🙂

And you're very right about the time will tell, but in the mean time, it's going the wrong route...on how they are doing things. 

1 minute ago, noquarter said:

those weren't patched in though... but they sure were patched out 🙂

And you're very right about the time will tell, but in the mean time, it's going the wrong route...on how they are doing things. 

The reality is even AAA studios go through phases of development akin to this. Even the quality controlled environment I spoke of where builds are tested for weeks if not months go through these same struggles and iterations you just dont get to see it or pay to get hands on. The "Proper EA" titles people like to point to are often much further in development before you're allowed to actually get your hands on the product and even the edge cases like Star Citizen are accused of scamming people daily. I think people are conditioned to a higher bar that has been set and there's nothing wrong with wanting to see success for a product you see potential in but ARK is not a failure. It has its flaws but paid the bill and profit enough for them to start Atlas. We're only a month in, it's not the end of the world (or game).

2 minutes ago, Nari said:

The reality is even AAA studios go through phases of development akin to this. Even the quality controlled environment I spoke of where builds are tested for weeks if not months go through these same struggles and iterations you just dont get to see it or pay to get hands on. The "Proper EA" titles people like to point to are often much further in development before you're allowed to actually get your hands on the product and even the edge cases like Star Citizen are accused of scamming people daily. I think people are conditioned to a higher bar that has been set and there's nothing wrong with wanting to see success for a product you see potential in but ARK is not a failure. It has its flaws but paid the bill and profit enough for them to start Atlas. We're only a month in, it's not the end of the world (or game).

I don't consider ark a failure, it's one of my all time favorite games. Doesn't mean the devs didn't make mistakes. I sure don't agree with everything they did. I want atlas to have at least a chance to survive. maybe they made enough money with launch to already insure that, I dunno. But, IMO, they are making very bad decisions so far. 

1 minute ago, noquarter said:

I don't consider ark a failure, it's one of my all time favorite games. Doesn't mean the devs didn't make mistakes. I sure don't agree with everything they did. I want atlas to have at least a chance to survive. maybe they made enough money with launch to already insure that, I dunno. But, IMO, they are making very bad decisions so far. 

I'm really open to any innovation and the kitbashing of ideas. If they feel like food is too simplistic and want to add vitamins, or death doesn't have impact and there should be a Legacy System we can play with like add an aging mechanic to. As well as no need for a interdependent metal tier but that stone needs to harder to mass produce then I'm along for the ride. This is their game and if it fails then it fails. It's also a risk of EA everyone signed off on at purchase.

i guess the point is the posts people make similar to the OP about their dying game are utterly pointless at this stage. Look at No Mans Sky. That was an Official Release but there are now many who have the opinion that HelloGames has properly redeemed the game over the past few years. 

8 hours ago, noquarter said:

Then whoever claimed that has no experience with MMOs… it's an outright silly opinion and in is no way a fact. I can name several that were worse and were FULL release games. Even the biggest MMO, WOW, was as bad, but I do give them credit, what they had to deal with was pretty major.

what rapid fire? You mean swinging from one extreme to another? Just like you just did, spawn commands and all skills? That's the thought process of what is exactly what is bad for the growth of the game. It's not balance, it's throwing shit out because they have no idea what they want it to be most of the time. That's why the keep having to reverse things they do. People say,  well it's early access, it's the time to do that....NO it's not the time to do that.  Stability, bug fixes, sound decisions of balance are what keeps an Early Access game growing and getting better.

Lemme give you just a small example. Testing tames. I had not yet got a giraffe yet. I tried, taming it is so annoying now, I really don't even care to get one to try it out.... I know it might seem trivial. But, i'm kind of a hard person to frustrate. I don't get bored easily. So is just about me figuring out the "new gimmick" or did they make the mechanic 'challenging"? in the end , does it really even matter. If I stop playing because of it, they won't know that. They just see one less person online. They may chalk it up to stone nerf, or lag issue, or taming nerf, who knows.... All I know is, why spend a few hours trying to learn the latest way of taming a giraffe when it just gonna get changed again. So, as a huge supporter of EA and knowing exactly what it means, I ask you what's more important, testing ways to tame or getting to test the tame itself? oh wait, maybe I did tame it and ordered it to get on a ship and it disappeared and received a death message.....see the problem here... 

the biggest fuck up with this "release" is they should of NEVER CALLED IT A RELEASE 

imagine WoW launching at full price with no chance of refund during alpha or beta the game would most likely be dead 

the bugs are not the biggest fuck up in Atlas its the way it is now perceived by the gaming population 

changes like this stone bullshit only make things worse every time they make a change like this they piss off more people and make the reputation that is already bad even worse 

Edited by Daish

On 1/24/2019 at 7:02 PM, Nari said:

I'm really open to any innovation and the kitbashing of ideas. If they feel like food is too simplistic and want to add vitamins, or death doesn't have impact and there should be a Legacy System we can play with like add an aging mechanic to. As well as no need for a interdependent metal tier but that stone needs to harder to mass produce then I'm along for the ride. This is their game and if it fails then it fails. It's also a risk of EA everyone signed off on at purchase.

i guess the point is the posts people make similar to the OP about their dying game are utterly pointless at this stage. Look at No Mans Sky. That was an Official Release but there are now many who have the opinion that HelloGames has properly redeemed the game over the past few years. 

One thing I've been thinking about that hasn't been mentioned in the discussion is that for rocky launches, especially with fast untested iterations, the players who have no problem sticking with the game through that have to have some sense of trust in the dev team.  There has to be some underlying sense that even when things get crazy, it'll work out well in the end.  Players with a sense of trust forgive nerfs, bugs, rollbacks, the occasional bad decision and correction, and hang with the game for the long run.

I'm on the fence about trusting this bunch.  On the one hand, they came up with a great concept.  On the other hand, at some point even before EA, someone sat down and "envisioned" the goofy claim system, and no one envisioned the boat weight issues or pin code hacking.  So, who knows how it'll all turn out?  I have a feeling a lot of the complaints are not so much that something is broken right now, but that there's no trust it's going to be good in the end....that the basic plan is bad or doesn't exist.

I've been having fun playing so far because I've decided to play in a non-permanent sort of way.  I'm 100 years old and all I have is a raft and a small spot in Lawless (that I have to keep protecting from encroachment), and on any given day I may decide to go sail and grab flotsam or build something shockingly nice (for a lawless zone), or stand on my roof and shoot snakes.  If something gets destroyed, it's not a big deal.  I highly recommend this approach for anyone having a hard time getting more advanced content to work properly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

One thing I've been thinking about that hasn't been mentioned in the discussion is that for rocky launches, especially with fast untested iterations, the players who have no problem sticking with the game through that have to have some sense of trust in the dev team.  There has to be some underlying sense that even when things get crazy, it'll work out well in the end.  Players with a sense of trust forgive nerfs, bugs, rollbacks, the occasional bad decision and correction, and hang with the game for the long run.

I'm on the fence about trusting this bunch. 

ARK is what built that trust. If you haven't played or didn't see the first month that's cool and you probably should be wary of them because from your perspective these guys probably seem like straight up amateurs. In time maybe Atlas will build your trust but only time will tell.

56 minutes ago, Nari said:

ARK is what built that trust. If you haven't played or didn't see the first month that's cool and you probably should be wary of them because from your perspective these guys probably seem like straight up amateurs. In time maybe Atlas will build your trust but only time will tell.

Not everyone is an Arkie, so some of the people here are bringing a fresh perspective.  I did play ARK for a while in the beginning, although that was on a private server, but I remember the frustrations on the part of the guy trying to run the server and those doing the mods. Dinos aren't my thing, so I was never into it enough to learn anything about the individuals on that team.   I figured they're the same as any other -   there's always one guy with wacky ideas who wants to just throw them at the game , at least one who really really hates the players, one who wants everything to be planned out and have the systems all work together, etc.     So I knew about the ARK launch, but the question for me is who are those guys who became Grapeshot?  Are they the ones who said, "Now we know how to do this better", or is it more like Beavis and Butthead put on pirate hats?

I'm not optimistic about that answer, but I'm having fun fiddling around in there, so I'll continue to do that for a while and make the occasional plea for sanity and logic in the forums.  Hell, there's 3 feet of snow outside.  Can't garden in that.

2 hours ago, Daish said:

i am sorry that you have a mental illness but here 

EA launch and official release are two separate things. I am sorry you have the reading comprehension skills of a middle school child.

Early Access is a tool to develop your game with the community by giving them access to your title before it is officially released.

Edited by Nari

I recommend not letting the no lifer trolls get to you.. Not everyone is in the same life situation and not everyone has all day and night to do nothing but play games and surf the forums.. Some people work for a living.. Lots of people have families.. It's about how the game is competing with your life and how in most cases (not all) the game will lose out which means the devs will lose out because people like playing games and not having to worry about their spouse wanting to leave them because they spend too much damn time on the game.. And sadly spending alot of time on this game isn't avoidable if you ever want to actually do anything in the game.. But before anyone says anything stupid like find another game then blah blah blah i have no idea what it's like to have a life or family because i failed at life and that's why i spend all my time on these forums and that damn game... Anyways.. Anyone with the money to pay has the right to play this game and try it out... But once they pay for it their situation needs to be taken into account.. Because not every one can do nothing but play this game.. And when you don't take their situations into account and cater to nothing but no lifes then well sadly everyne grows up sooner or later they get jobs pay bills and have alot less free time.. Now this is great if your shooting for the little preteen demographic for player base who's only way of getting ahold of the game is to somehow convince mom and dad to buy them your m rated game.. But for us adults who work pay bills and have families, which actually is a staggering amount of ythe player base...The grind and the stealing ALL not just some of our free time just so we can eat a fucking piece of meat and not die is getting out of hand.... I do like this game and i will keep playing it just like ark.. but just like ark one of these days atlas will lose out to real world needs and duties.. Sadly enough i'm probably not the only one either and 2 games in with you devs now show me that this is how your games are and next game i just will know better now won't I...

17 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Sadly enough i'm probably not the only one either and 2 games in with you devs now show me that this is how your games are and next game i just will know better now won't I...

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice....

Every point you make is valid but so is their idea for their game. If that idea turns our to be fundamentally flawed and it fails well that's capitalism for ya. It happens all the time and has little to do with whether or not they cater to the 10% of any playerbase that is vocal (The other 90% often isn't and like you said just want to play games.)  Don't want to to risk $20 or $30 of your hard earned or begged for cash on a product that may never see the light of day then don't buy EA and wait for the official release. It simple really and 90% of the problem with the people making these kind o threads.

Edited by Nari

20 minutes ago, Nari said:

Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice....

Every point you make is valid but so is their idea for their game. If that idea turns our to be fundamentally flawed and it fails well that's capitalism for ya. It happens all the time and has little to do with whether or not they cater to the 10% of any playerbase that is vocal (The other 90% often isn't) and like you said just want to play games.  Don't want to to risk $20 or $30 hard earned or begged for cash on a product that may never see the light of day then don't buy EA and wait for the official release. It simple really and 90% of the problem with the people making these kind o threads.

Yeah yeah the fool me twice shame on me.. It's not about being fooled it's about wanting to support them but seeing how hard it can be from another perspective.. I truly love this game as much as i did with ark i played it over 3 years and I loved and hated every moment of it.. lol But seriously did you just hear yourself?!?!?! How are you a gamer going to suggest not buying an ea game when you as a gamer know how it feels to not want to have to wait years to get your hands on an awesome game.. lol I realize there are problems with ea games. But I have seen some very valid points that people have made for the devs to consider and sadly yes they fall on deaf ears but valid none the less... I really agree they should throw out ideas for upcoming patches to the player  base let them be vocal about it and then go from there.. If it was positive feedback then by all means add away if the feedback was negative like not just a little either alot then hold off and come up with other ideas before you blow up the sky and piss all these people off.. Because yes they are pissy.. Do i agree with how wildcard aka grapeshot handles these situations by bottling up and being all mums the word on any info when something like this happens? No not for an ea game that's why it's ea is to take the feedback not ignore it. I understand it is their right but I also understand how doing it that way will be no better than digging an early grave for themselves.. People are unforgiving when it comes to their money.. The problem is most the people who are upset right now and are being ignored are rightfully feeling scorned by the devs.. They paid for a ea product hoping their feedback would help shape this game and world but when they see it ignored they will not be returning..The point is you want to keep your paying customer no matter if their opinion is not the same they are valuable every last one because without them you have nothing not even a game to make because you couldn't get proper funding due to lack of sales from your last attempt..

Edited by madmartigan
typos typos typos

18 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

How are you a gamer going to suggest not buying an ea game when you as a gamer know how it feels to not want to have to wait years to get your hands on an awesome game.. 

By managing my expectations accordingly and advising that others do the same. Hype can be fickle. It can be a means of selling copies or it can be the very thing that brings you down. I understand the want/need to Gotta Have It Right Now and that is why I fully support this kind of development. But just like EA that's not an excuse for ignorance. There is huge difference between ignoring the vocal community and taking note of feedback. Plenty has been changed already because players have been vocal. Just because the patch notes don't include your expectation of priority fixes doesn't mean you have race to forums and posts this kind of nonsense.

The issue is this: They paid for a ea product hoping their feedback would help shape this game Except they don't expect to help shape the game they act like that their word is final, must be heard, and action must be taken to fix their problems X,Y,Z. Sorry but just because you spent $30 in EA instead of $60 at release does not mean you're special. None of that is directed at you btw. You actually seem fairly level headed and reasonable.

Edited by Nari

12 minutes ago, Nari said:

By managing my expectations accordingly and advising that others do the same. Hype can be fickle. It can be a means of selling copies or it can be the very thing that brings you down. I understand the want/need to Gotta Have It Right Now and that is why I fully support this kind of development. But just like EA that's not an excuse for ignorance. There is huge difference between ignoring the vocal community and taking note of feedback. Plenty has been changed already because players have been vocal. Just because the patch notes don't include your expectation of priority fixes doesn't mean you have race to forums and posts this kind of nonsense.

The issue is this: They paid for a ea product hoping their feedback would help shape this game Except they don't expect to help shape the game they act like that their word is final, must be heard, and action must be taken to fix their problems X,Y,Z. Sorry but just because you spent $30 in EA instead of $60 at release does not mean you're special. None of that is directed at you btw. You actually seem fairly level headed and reasonable.

I actually agree with you.. Knowing a game is ea is half the battle knowing what to expect when playing ea is the rest of it.. lol But i do agree some people are getting waaay to upset. I don't think this situation is a game killer for myself just more of a grind to add to the list of grinds.. But in the end who am I to say what thresholds other people have? I guess mines a bit higher or I just love me some punishment either or I plan to keep playing because as I stated I do love this game.. lol I have gripes who doesn't but it is an ea game.. Ark was hell getting to where it is.. Alot of back and fourth with the updates.. Was it annoying hell yes?! Did I get a little upset when I felt things got broken? You bet I did! But in the end it didn't take away from one of the most amazing games I have ever played the only reason I actually quit playing is well life found a way.. lol It not only found a way but plowed through my life in the form of an annoying baby momma... lol But that's another story..  I have had my share of venting posts.. I call them that because that's all I was doing I still played ark after I vented and I still play atlas. Sure I wouldn't mind seeing the stone going back to what it was but in the end if it doesn't oh well like I said just add it to my list.. The only issue for me is I am a small company.. People don't want to be recruited, They just want to do their own thing it seems like.. And the people who do want to recruit wreak of small children, with names like mustard or hotdogs stuff like that... 😕 lol For me as long as I can come to the forums vent once and a while and go back to my grind I'll live.. I have accepted my place in their grand schemes, and that's the bottom of the pole buddy.. I can lash out but it takes me alot of being quite first.. lol So if the DEVS ever read my comments please know that yes i was angry yes i vented my brains out on your forums and I do apologize.. But know this! I do love the work you guys have done as much as I have hated it in the past as well but in the end, (though i do feel like i said things that held truth to them) Ihope you guys don't fail i want you to be a great company for us gamers because you (despite all the bugs and craziness) make incredible worlds with hours,days and years of great content.. It's just always one hell of a ride getting there.. lol Kind of like family you get mad hate on each other but in the end it's nothing but love baby! 😄

20 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I actually agree with you.. Knowing a game is ea is half the battle knowing what to expect when playing ea is the rest of it.. lol But i do agree some people are getting waaay to upset.

I used to be like them. I'm a jaded asshole and have come to terms with that fact so in the first month of ARK's EA trial I too wanted to know wtf these devs were thinking. I could not figure out why the game was gaining so much traction. So I kept playing, and as I kept playing i saw the potential. As time went on the game only got better. As the game got better It became more fun. As it became more fun I continued to sink hours into it. See how this cycle repeats itself? (Yes the same can be said about the opposite that's not the point ARK didnt fail. It's a success)

Ask the OP"s of these kind of threads if they have played ARK and if so for how long? The common response is 5000 hours and if they dont care about bragging its between 2-3. Now ask how much they paid for that experience and DLC in total and compare that to AAA these days.

Edited by Nari

I don't really care about bugs, but the atrocious server performance and the lack of content do bother me.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:27 AM, Nari said:

EA launch and official release are two separate things. I am sorry you have the reading comprehension skills of a middle school child.

Early Access is a tool to develop your game with the community by giving them access to your title before it is officially released.

Early Access is no different to saying the game is launched there has never been a statement that this is just a beta version of unfinished

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/atlas-game-news-3689059/
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1062204/Atlas-Game-release-date-LIVE-Studio-Wildcard-NEW-Twitter-launch-time-update
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/12/22/atlas-is-turning-out-to-be-one-of-the-most-fumbled-launches-in-video-game-history/#78f90d404643
https://www.pcgamer.com/au/pirate-mmo-atlas-delayed-2-more-days-now-itll-be-here-on-december-21/

in the history of gaming have you ever heard of a beta being referred to a launch 
no you haven't 

early access is commonly know as a full release of a game just early access to that release and NOT a beta version fanboys like yourself only hurt games like this letting them think they can get away with misleading customers 

On 1/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, Faicorf said:

Killing the game is not part of the EA process... What planet are you living on... The whole point of the EA is to listen to your playerbase to help make the game better, not completely ignore them and do what they think is best...

That's funny, because 9/10 posts I have seen, condemned the organic paste cost of stone structures, entirely, and most of them were even understanding about the metal. So what does GS do? They nerfed the metal costs by 55% and the organic paste cost by 25%, effectively doing nothing to the issue; because I still have to travel 4 servers, to get enough sugar and metal to even make the walls, but they are also still only 33% more effective than a wood wall, so there's still no point in making stone.

Hell, there was even a big enough push from the community, that they had to remark about how they didn't feel land claims were a problem, because they "didn't make the game to require land", which is a farce, because you can't do anything in this game, without a spot of land to build on. I guess that's a pretty easy judgement to make, on their part, when they completely ignore their playerbase.

51 minutes ago, Daish said:

Early Access is no different to saying the game is launched there has never been a statement that this is just a beta version of unfinished

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-product/game/atlas-game-news-3689059/
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1062204/Atlas-Game-release-date-LIVE-Studio-Wildcard-NEW-Twitter-launch-time-update
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/12/22/atlas-is-turning-out-to-be-one-of-the-most-fumbled-launches-in-video-game-history/#78f90d404643
https://www.pcgamer.com/au/pirate-mmo-atlas-delayed-2-more-days-now-itll-be-here-on-december-21/

in the history of gaming have you ever heard of a beta being referred to a launch 
no you haven't 

early access is commonly know as a full release of a game just early access to that release and NOT a beta version fanboys like yourself only hurt games like this letting them think they can get away with misleading customers 

EA Troll Go Away ^