Sign in to follow this  
LaiTash

Anyone feels like sextant needs to be buffed

As much as i like the compass and the minimap it's just not really feasible to use the sextant while actually sailing: you only benefit from it while at the steering wheel and you can't use it while at the steering wheel. You need 11 skillpoints to enjoy the full 20 minutes of buff and with these 20 minutes i feel like those points are wasted. And if you screw the minigame you can't even try again for like 5 minutes. Of course i have someone to hold the wheel while i play the minigame but i'm not comfrortable with doing this every 20 minutes - it is *my* job to drive the ship.

Not a priority of course, but i feel it should be like it should be like 40-60 minutes with the skill unlocked to make it worth the points (even then it will still remain nothing but an expensive luxury).

• Like 1

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES!!!

#1 Its expensive to make.

#2 It can be replaced by simply pressing M

#3 It takes so long to get the buff to last long time

Something about these facts needs to be adjusted. Either make it cheap OR make it do more then what it does not OR make the buff last longer or take less time to get. I really don't understand why I should even use it when I can simply press M.

• Like 1

please for the love of god just let us mount a giant compass on the boat. we can put it right in-front of the wheel and it will show the direction the nose faces.

• Like 1

Agree, I was like oo, then re-speced out of it instantly. thought it would offer sailing speed buff or you can go against the wind and still have full sail or make you invs to ship of the damned. I like the mini game, but it does need a seeing to at some point

not to mention if anyone is saving levels so they can respec. the level up ui completely covers the compass.

I honestly dont even use it.  I have one, but find it easier to just look at my atlas and see were I am and use the sun or the moon for most of my directions.   

I love the sextant, but as long as it causes you to crash every time you zone, it's a fancy toy that can't be used.

they need to FIX it or it doesn't matter how much they do with it

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

I honestly dont even use it.  I have one, but find it easier to just look at my atlas and see were I am and use the sun or the moon for most of my directions.   

Funny thing... That's how a Sextant works in real life.  It doesn't use the sun or moon, but you use 3 well known stars to plot your position.  You also need a good chronometer, as the calculation tables need the correct time and date to be accurate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hambo said:

Funny thing... That's how a Sextant works in real life.  It doesn't use the sun or moon, but you use 3 well known stars to plot your position.  You also need a good chronometer, as the calculation tables need the correct time and date to be accurate.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! MAAATH!!!!!

*runs in the opposite direction*

• Haha 2