Sign in to follow this  
Captain Coconut

Cheating Scum!

What can an honest Solo player do? It is hilariously ridiculous how much I have been grieved and a victim of cheaters in my 300 plus hours so far.

I will be moving on, for now, I might revisit the game in a month or three. I really enjoyed experiencing the game so far and like building ships and exploring the map but cheaters and grievers have ruined it for me. I love survival games like H1Z1 "Just Survive", Conan Exiles and Day Z, they have helped me get through these long winter nights in the Pacific NW. I had high expectations for Atlas.

As a Solo Player in Atlas, it is impossible to progress without claiming a piece of land to build on and as a Solo player, it is impossible to claim land. There should really be a limit to flags a person can have. Show some love for the solo player! I only want two or three flags, why do these grievers need thousands? I am not interested in joining a clan to hear dick jokes and yelling REEEEEEEE on discord all day, I just like to build and experience the game. But losing hours and days of progress in an instant just Blows!

Cheating has gotten so bad on NA PVP Kraken's Maw that it is virtually unplayable outside of Freeport. I could not see any way to report it as suggested in the last Dev stream???!!! I took a few screenshots of the suspect clan member when he took no damage to melee and caused me to drown above water after flying through the air?!  Good Times!

For now, I'm looking for a new game to pass the time this winter. Star Dew Valley, I'm comming home!

Coconut

The support ticket field is greyed out! I did not see an option to start one. I found the site but it does not seem to be functional. Oh well, time to get back to real life for a while! it's been real! 

54 minutes ago, Captain Coconut said:

What can an honest Solo player do? It is hilariously ridiculous how much I have been grieved and a victim of cheaters in my 300 plus hours so far.

I will be moving on, for now, I might revisit the game in a month or three. I really enjoyed experiencing the game so far and like building ships and exploring the map but cheaters and grievers have ruined it for me. I love survival games like H1Z1 "Just Survive", Conan Exiles and Day Z, they have helped me get through these long winter nights in the Pacific NW. I had high expectations for Atlas.

As a Solo Player in Atlas, it is impossible to progress without claiming a piece of land to build on and as a Solo player, it is impossible to claim land. There should really be a limit to flags a person can have. Show some love for the solo player! I only want two or three flags, why do these grievers need thousands? I am not interested in joining a clan to hear dick jokes and yelling REEEEEEEE on discord all day, I just like to build and experience the game. But losing hours and days of progress in an instant just Blows!

Cheating has gotten so bad on NA PVP Kraken's Maw that it is virtually unplayable outside of Freeport. I could not see any way to report it as suggested in the last Dev stream???!!! I took a few screenshots of the suspect clan member when he took no damage to melee and caused me to drown above water after flying through the air?!  Good Times!

For now, I'm looking for a new game to pass the time this winter. Star Dew Valley, I'm comming home!

Coconut

Yeah you probably shouldn’t have had high expectations. Not sure why people would

• Thanks 1

To answer your question : Solo players/small groups/casuals can do absolutely nothing.

- your flags will be claimed by 100 naked chinese. On lawless your foundations will be removed by cannons one by one. When you are still thinking about how to build a wooden spear the HIVE will come. Naked worker bee chinese as scouts and farmers, if you fight they run. Then their officers will come in full duped mastercraft metal with mastercraft carbine, oneshotting you. They are bad in PVP but all equipped with aimbots, my bow does 3 damage to them.

- your base will be teared down, every single foundation and every single wall. The HIVE is patient, they bring in more naked workers to construct cannons than you have arrows

- all of your ships will be sunk, no matter what shieldings or large gates you construct. Or stolen instead of sunk. Black Butterfly has more than 200 full piracy specced players, they swarm and take even galleons in a few hours

The only solution would be to set freeports and lawless full PVE (as this issue is handled very good in EVE) or buff bases x10 and nerf siege weapons x20 (the Conan Exiles solution for relativly safe bases).

But they wont do this, so Atlas is doomed already. They fail to allow players to keep what they have earned. This is frustrating and players leave. If you consider the number of players online you see what i mean.

Edited by Talono
  • Thanks 2

The game evolves around mega companies. They even talked about this on the stream. 500 man companies are too small.

While my company is still on the top of the cake (PvE server), it´s just a matter of when some new mechanic or one of the notorious admin cheating companies will get us.

Claim/Taxing system, you make rich people more rich. And on PvE you can always play devils advocate with your tenants. 4 days to move or else...and the passive income is ezmode for us. Also 95%+ of all taxed claims are set to 30% because...well 30% was the highest possible 🙂

Then there is the issue like fountain of youth that currently needs no further explanation. But don´t worry, in some future after you ran around with the infamous debuff you may get a heir to grind.

Lawless is extremely overpopulated for the same reason and griefing is rampant there. You know when you enter a lawless server because they are the only servers that lag.

I cant imagine how long it will be before we see the first entirely closed island. Discovery points are already being walled off because someone allowed people to build there.

Some will try and sink your ship (Still possible), others will try blockade you, some will try sink your ship via undersea construction. The list is endless.

You can´t claim anything with people in it or overlapping circles. So a single person can actively defend an entire server tile in PvE while being offline.

In short, as long as all the mechanics are in that so massively favour mega companies and claim everything you can mentality. Then you wont have a chance. Cheats and shady behavior may or may not be stopped at least.

Just wait till the sea zones come, map will be nothing but a green/red/teal overlay where you pass one annoying flag message after the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The game is fun to a certain extent but once you realize your work is pointless it is time to move on. My only reasonable expectation was what was promissed, to be able to claim land, build ships and explore the high seas. I never played Ark so I did not know what to expect. This is just ridiculous! I uninstalled the large 100GB file to make room for other games on my HD. I'll be checking out Conan Exiles again today where solo playing is possible. Although I have over 2000 hrs on that game and would love a comparable replacement, Atlas is not it!

4 hours ago, BlackFlint said:

This is not a solo game. Go to private server and enjoy your private sandbox there.

This is definitely a solo game... Just think of it as "Hardcore Mode"  :classic_cool:☕👍