Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

For the love of God, Please devs stop breaking the game

6 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

The developers of this game have equated it to EVE Online.  What they, and apparently you, have failed to realize is that some of the largest corporations in EVE started with one guy in a tiny ship mining ore. It still flourishes on the fact that one player can join the game solo and yet, have the potential to build a massive empire. And during the early learning process EVE players can sit in relative safety, increasing not only their skills, but their net worth.  They even promoted this with the video below called "The Butterfly Effect."

So far, this game has demonstrated that if you join it solo, not only is your butterfly ass going to get smacked down repeatedly, they're going to keep changing the game to ensure that you stay smacked down until such time that you either acquiesce and go pick someone else's cotton... or quit.

i AGREE WITH THIS 100% Thus us why i posted the game will fail if its only gearing towards big companies. 

The developers of this game have equated it to EVE Online.  What they, and apparently you, have failed to realize is that some of the largest corporations in EVE started with one guy in a tiny ship mining ore. It still flourishes on the fact that one player can join the game solo and yet, have the potential to build a massive empire. And during the early learning process EVE players can sit in relative safety, increasing not only their skills, but their net worth.  They even promoted this with the video below called "The Butterfly Effect."

So far, this game has demonstrated that if you join it solo, not only is your butterfly ass going to get smacked down repeatedly, they're going to keep changing the game to ensure that you stay smacked down until such time that you either acquiesce and go pick someone else's cotton... or quit.

Oh I know where it’s based on, and people did the same on Atlas, but the ‘solution’ for PvE area’s and specified PvP area’s is something I can agree on, but OP wants to reduce large companies and thinks that will solve the problem, and I do not agree with that. 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Oh I know where it’s based on, and people did the same on Atlas, but the ‘solution’ for PvE area’s and specified PvP area’s is something I can agree on, but OP wants to reduce large companies and thinks that will solve the problem, and I do not agree with that. 

I mean they are certainly welcome to do so, it just won't change that large companies will still exist it's just become more tedious to manage.  

500 members in 1 company being limited to 100 or less members just becomes 5 companies with iterative names with the parent owners/admin owning these smaller companies, alliance system or not they will still work together.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

The developers of this game have equated it to EVE Online.

I found this part to be completely false. The articles that described Atlas this way were just wrong. Atlas is nothing like Eve.

Just now, Vaenix said:

I mean they are certainly welcome to do so, it just won't change that large companies will still exist it's just become more tedious to manage.  

500 members in 1 company being limited to 100 or less members just becomes 5 companies with iterative names with the parent owners/admin owning these smaller companies, alliance system or not they will still work together.

Yep. Large companies already have ranks and the ‘admirals’ will just be promoted to company leader. Only thing it will change is the dynamic map. 

39 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The game wants it to be for large companies but makes it option for smaller/solo players through the introduction of the island claiming (im not saying its good) and NPC’s /governments. But OP wants to get rid of large companies as a whole, and I highly disagree with it. 

The game does pander to large company's in a very non nonsensical manner.  Its time for that to stop because a healthy MMORPG, the type that this game was described to be doesn't pander to only Zergs!!!

Seriously Percieval everyone who call's you a blind white knight, they hit the nail on the head everytime I see that posted about you.  You don't add to the conversation you always attempt to shut down the conversation with either 

This is EA

Or 

The Dev's are right

News flash this is EA the exact time to have conversation!  And News flash developers are rarely right!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lynx said:

I found this part to be completely false. The articles that described Atlas this way were just wrong. Atlas is nothing like Eve.

While, for the moment, I'm still playing the game and mostly enjoying it, I agree.  Atlas is a very, very pale shadow of what EVE is.  Not to say this is a bad thing.  My wife and I played EVE for many years and finally gave up.  She got tired of being a 'den mother' to our corporation and I got tired of working 2 jobs.  But comparing the two?  There is none.

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

The game does pander to large company's in a very non nonsensical manner.  Its time for that to stop because a healthy MMORPG, the type that this game was described to be doesn't pander to only Zergs!!!

Seriously Percieval everyone who call's you a blind white knight, they hit the nail on the head everytime I see that posted about you.  You don't add to the conversation you always attempt to shut down the conversation with either 

This is EA

Or 

The Dev's are right

News flash this is EA the exact time to have conversation!  And News flash developers are rarely right!!!

The point he's making isn't that the devs are right or that it's EA deal with it, I'm certainly not making that point either.  But to act like this post was meant to bring up any meaningful conversation just means you didn't read the first post.  It's quite literally a thread for scorpionshawn to post how upset he is the devs are doing things, he wasn't specific at all about what he disagreed with.  

This game is definitely balanced very heavily toward larger companies/alliances.  There definitely needs to be some balance changes and now is definitely the time to do it.

36 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

a healthy MMORPG

MMORPG or MMO should appeal to all types of gamers. If not how exactly will they be massive.

Honestly large companies isn't the problem.  It's the lack of ANY sort of reasonal offline protection system mixed with there being ZERO reason for large companies to set their flags to netural.  

Eve without hisec and docking would be dead by now.  MMOs need basic rules if they want to retain a player base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaenix said:

Do you honestly have to turn all of your posts into an hours pissing contest?  I'm sorry not everyone on the forums are kids with no lives or retired and able to sit on the game all day.  Some people have lives, work jobs, and can't just sit at the game all the time.  What the hell is this complaint post about this time anyways? It's literally "Dev choices bad!!!".  You want it designed to your specifications, fine ask for more INI functionality or go learn how to mod and support yourself on a solo unofficial where you can make the game exactly how YOU want it to be.

Im not retired I own a very popular Martial Arts school and have done tv shows. I have over 100 youtube as prof of my work your welcome to watch. When Im not teaching I unwind and play my videos games and guess what? My students love it! I have opinions about what I like and don't like and I though that's what the post are for. Do you have some kind of problem with that? Should all my post be how great the game is? 

I dont drink cool aid buddy

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Im not retired I own a very popular Martial Arts school and have done tv shows. I have over 100 youtube as prof of my work your welcome to watch. When Im not teaching I unwind and play my videos games and guess what? My students love it! I have opinions about what I like and don't like and I though that's what the post are for. Do you have some kind of problem with that? Should all my post be how great the game is? 

I dont drink cool aid buddy

Didn't say you should be posting about how great the game is, but you are constantly in some kind of pissing contest like we should be impressed by your hours in game.  Your opinion of this game can be summed up as it's shit and no one should play it, yet you have 200+ hrs in the game.  Your forum posts are quite literally just constant threads of "I don't like this, IT WILL KILL THE GAME!!!".  If you want anyone to take your opinion seriously at all stop acting like a damn child throwing a temper tantrum when you find something you don't like, post on the forum in reasonable manner.  But I'm sure because we disagree, I drink coolaid, I'm some fanboy, I'm a kid.  Get the fuck over yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

There is so much i want to love about this game I even might have been the first post saying "I would pay a 15 month sub fee" Every time i turn around you guys are breaking the immersion, destroying the fun, making it impossible for any all or solo players. I have been a gamer longer than most of the people playing alive. I dont want to hear the its a early access. I GET IT!!! Maybe you all should get it and start listening to the players before this game ends up like DARK AND LIGHT. Red Dead 2 and Fall out 76 all busting out because of a lack of listing to the players.

BTW born in 1972 when pong was released

had the first gaming system, had the first Atari, the first in my school to beat Donkey Kong on colecovision, First nintendo that came with robot and gun for duck hunt, beat metriod. First play station and the EDO system!  Im a life long gamer 14 years on wow! Ark from the first EA and almost 4k hours into over 300 hours into this game.

Ähem, my IQ is 123, appearently not sufficient to understand what you want to tell us ?

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

had the first gaming system, had the first Atari, the first in my school to beat Donkey Kong on colecovision, First nintendo that came with robot and gun for duck hunt, beat metriod. First playstation and the EDO system!  Im a lifelong gamer 14 years on wow! Ark from the first EA and almost 4k hours into over 300 hours into this game.

Ok judging by your gaming resume your gaming is mostly in single player games, even your MMO experience is mostly single player.  Aside from Ark you have played few actual hardcore sandbox games where you HAVE to work as a team to accomplish anything.  

I am not that much younger than you and my gaming resume is well... impressive at this point.  I am not going to get into a pissing contest but fact is, this is not a single player game.  It is never going to be a single player game.  You and several other people have to understand that games like this are for the group not the one.  

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

This is actually false, the largest corp in EVE, the Goonswarm all came together from SomethingAweful.com  They planned to do what they did LONG before they joined the game, all came over as a group and formed the mega zerg we have now.

12 minutes ago, Hodo said:

This is actually false, the largest corp in EVE, the Goonswarm all came together from Something  They planned to do what they did LONG before they joined the game, all came over as a group and formed the mega zerg we have now.

I'm sorry, exactly where I did I say one person created the largest corporation in EVE?  I said, "one player can join the game solo and yet, have the potential to build a massive empire."

And that is not false.  Please do not call me a liar.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I'm sorry, exactly where I did I say one person created the largest corporation in EVE?  I said, "one player can join the game solo and yet, have the potential to build a massive empire."

And that is not false.  Please do not call me a liar.

This is the part of your quote I am referencing.

The developers of this game have equated it to EVE Online.  What they, and apparently you, have failed to realize is that some of the largest corporations in EVE started with one guy in a tiny ship mining ore.

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

This is EA

Or 

The Dev's are right

Then you’re looking the wrong way. I’ve already told my concerns about numerous things like the claimed flags, alpha spawn and in the past the SoTD and the other issues that have been resolved. Just because I have a different opinion on the game and I’m not spamming stuff without any thinking through. Stuff that has happened in the beginning of the game like the launch problems can’t be blamed on EA, it definitely cannot - but knowing Wildcard and ARK’s EA, and EA in general didn’t stop me from buying and playing this game. Did I know it will be shit? Sure I knew, but for some people this is news. I have no words for it. Were they too busy thinking about how great it will be the first few weeks or did they just didn’t know where they were getting into? 

When the devs did a good thing I told my opinion about it, if they did something wrong or are going to do something wrong in my opinion, I told it too. 

Just because I don’t get on the cry-train and be all ignorant yelling and not taking anyone’s feedback as help but as an personal attack (like some people do on the forums, best not to say names) doesn’t mean I’m some white knight. 

For some reason I always need to repeat stuff, but OP wants cannot be done since it won’t solve anything. I’ve already told my solutions many times: Change the claim flag system and not the actual companies themselves. Make it 1 claim per head and see if it works. Just for the record; I’m not taking any more bullshit from you. 

Next time you try to get to me with stuff like ‘You only try to shut down conversations’ - look again. I try to (in comparison to other people on this forum) discuss about certain aspects and views on the game. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

had the first gaming system, had the first Atari, the first in my school to beat Donkey Kong on colecovision, First nintendo that came with robot and gun for duck hunt, beat metriod. First play station and the EDO system!  Im a life long gamer 14 years on wow! Ark from the first EA and almost 4k hours into over 300 hours into this game.

If these are qualifications of some sort then step aside lad :classic_cool:

I was born in 1958.  In 1962 "Space War" was written at MIT on a DEC PDP-1, and implemented on an experimental Vector based CRT.

In 1972 (Freshman H.S. year) a buddy got the first home video game, a Magnavox Odyssey... Pong with several other similar Sports games like Hockey, Football and Basketball... All implemented using the same software and mylar court overlays that you taped to the TV 😄  We played the heck out of that system, until the mylar overlays were long gone.

(3 years of High School electronics and about 8 years of professional computer hardware assembly/repair experience passes.  In the late 70s Atari releases the Arcade version of "Space Wars".  I become addicted and start spending a minimum of $50/week in Arcades)

I spent 6 months as part of a team (4 of us) writing a Pac-Man like game on the Apple II.  My role was primarily code clean-up and optimization... On the 6502 branching was considerably less efficient if the branch did not occur in the same 256 byte page)

Skip ahead to 1991, bypassing experience as a Hardware Engineer/Network Support Admin.

While working as a Network/LAN Admin I started part-time beta testing software for, among other companies, Microsoft. (This was a good way to avoid paying for new versions of OS and Apps 😎 )  I start testing game pre-releases.

Moral of the story... My back is much grayer than yours. (Ape reference)

Edited by Hambo

23 minutes ago, Hambo said:

If these are qualifications of some sort then step aside lad :classic_cool:

Don't think you have a license on being an old fart.  I wrote code in pascal on a PDP 11/70, copied code from Compute! magazine into my Vic-20 and sat in a chemistry room closet learning basic on a TRS-80 model 1.  And on the Apple 2?  Hammurabi.  And I chucked more quarters in change from my lunch money than I care to remember into Space Invaders.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

13 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Key word there is SOME.

...and "started"; unless Eve has changed A LOT since I last played (which I am sure it has in many ways) it is impossible for a single person to be a mega corp.

• Like 1

Don't think you have a license on being an old fart.  I wrote code in pascal on a PDP 11/70, copied code from Compute! magazine into my Vic-20 and sat in a chemistry room closet learning basic on a TRS-80 model 1.  And on the Apple 2?  Hammurabi.  And I chucked more quarters in change from my lunch money than I care to remember into Space Invaders.

My post was primarily tongue-in-cheek... Being born the same year as the Pong release and playing a lot of video games doesn't help make a lot of points in a forum post.  I just wanted to point out that many of us have more but just as useless experiences :classic_cool:

Edited by Hambo

4 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

...and "started"; unless Eve has changed A LOT since I last played (which I am sure it has in many ways) it is impossible for a single person to be a mega corp.

With the number of bots rampaging through New Eden it is possible... LOL  But they have started permabanning these accounts so we will see

2 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

Are you even implying that it's impossible for one person to create a character and create a large corporation in EVE?  WTF are you people misinterpreting here?  ONE PERSON CAN FORM A CORPORATION AND RECRUIT PEOPLE INTO THAT CORPORATION.   Jeezus, I should not have to parse out the obvious to those who have played the game.

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Are you even implying that it's impossible for one person to create a character and create a large corporation in EVE?  WTF are you people misinterpreting here?  ONE PERSON CAN FORM A CORPORATION AND RECRUIT PEOPLE INTO THAT CORPORATION.   Jeezus, I should not have to parse out the obvious to those who have played the game.

No, I am stating that corporation does not grow into a "mega" corp without other players joining. It's not like the X series where a player can become a one man empire. In Atlas, just like Eve, a solo player can found their own corporation and have others join.

Edited by Uueerdo
elaborating