Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Battleeye now active?

Has Battleeye now been implemented? Reason for asking is that when I just clicked on the atlas icon I got window come up asking me to install battleeye. Does this mean an end to grieffing etc?

Just now, AntonyVW said:

Has Battleeye now been implemented? Reason for asking is that when I just clicked on the atlas icon I got window come up asking me to install battleeye. Does this mean an end to grieffing etc?

No 

25 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

Yes battleye is currently being rolled across the network over the next few days.

Whether it means an end to griefing depends on what the griefing is. There is a lot of griefing in the game that is not necessarily achieved through cheating that Battleye would challenge. So griefing is likely to continue in some form, and even if some griefing is prevented people will find new ways to grief people, it's human nature to develop new strategies once old ones no longer work.

So battleye will help with some stuff, but the game will never be grief free, it's impossible to make a game like this grief free.

I recall Battleye installing when I installed Atlas.  I haven't had anything update for Battleye today when I logged in.  Maybe it will do it later, because these cheats need a good hammering.

Well, at least Battleye prevents players from joining the EU PvE Server Siren's Call. I was able to get in, my wife doesn't. Battleye is kicking her for timeout reasons. So, if you are asking, if Battleye will solve griefing, it most likely rather brought up new problems, that surely need to be resolved quite fast.

The supposed work around, DOES NOT work.

1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

hacking yeah, greifing and exploits and trolling no.

battleye just means that kids who download their scripts will get caught and banned, the real hackers will still be there.

18 minutes ago, ave said:

battleye just means that kids who download their scripts will get caught and banned, the real hackers will still be there.

the kids that do that are called 'script kiddies' but ye it wont stop the bigger more dedicated guys from hacking

4 hours ago, Insegt said:

Well, at least Battleye prevents players from joining the EU PvE Server Siren's Call. I was able to get in, my wife doesn't. Battleye is kicking her for timeout reasons. So, if you are asking, if Battleye will solve griefing, it most likely rather brought up new problems, that surely need to be resolved quite fast.

The supposed work around, DOES NOT work.

For me it does that when i'm kicked, disconnected from the server, or the server is crashing. I have to restart the client.

@DARCEK it's an anti cheat

Edited by ExplodingYeti

7 minutes ago, ExplodingYeti said:

For me it does that when i'm kicked, disconnected from the server, or the server is crashing. I have to restart the client.

@DARCEK it's an anti cheat

Well, she doesn't even get on to the server. The connection is timed out every time. As far as I understand there a bunch that have this problem. I don't know why, cause I can connect using the same router. 

Well, SNAFU greets again....