Anotep

Ghostships at the Map Borders

Hi.....

Thursday I started my journey to get Wheat seeds and Turnip seeds, I sailed around 3 hours until I reached the first location to get some Wheatseeds and another 1 hour to get Turnipseeds. Additionally it took some more hours on each zone to actually even find the Flowers since they seem to not just grow everywhere and only on 1-2 spots on each island. Well but thats not the Issue, Im extremly dissapointed with this game like I never have been with any Game before and I played 3k +  hours of Ark and many other survival games. So I just spend 2 evenings to get the seeds and I also tamed a monkey and even if the hours of just straight sailing across the sea haven't bothered me much. But something happend after I have spend around 10 hours of my life to get the seeds and I would need to spend a hole day again to finally bring the seeds back to our Base since I have to do it all over again. I just did the big mistake of changing servers..... I just sailed to the next region, I could not see anything and I could not prepare myself at all for what happend right after I had the short loading lag. I just reached the next Zone and got destroyed in seconds because I spawned right into 2 Ghostships!!!! I could not see them before! I could not prepare myself or anything, even if! What should I have been done with a Sloop against 2 Ghostships? I tried desperately to sail back to where I came from to avoid getting sunk but nothing helped, I managed to get back but around 4 or 5 ship planks have been destroyed already in matter of seconds and the ship sunk quicker then i had the chance to save it or at least anything on this ship. The situation that Ghostships are right at the borders between 2 Maps just finally killed the fun for me. Its really not because I lost some items or a Ghostship sunk my ship, its because I could not see them before to react properly or do anything to avoid this situation. As long as I dont read something about fixed spawns for Ghostships I will not continue playing your Game. They really should not spawn at the edges of the map..... really its bullshit. 

Edited by Anotep
  • Like 3

I'm fine with spawns as is.

Give ships a 10 second "cloak" when they entre a sector (and make it RENEW if only NPCs are active aboard in case someone disconnects while solo piloting a ship) and you got a fix.

• Like 2

I would like to see them implement the same kind of thing they did with the shore lines, where SotD will wander away from the map borders and don't spawn close to them. I've had a few situations where I've loaded into a new grid literally inside a SotD, which honestly shouldn't happen so I believe it is a legitimate issue with a relatively simple solution to implement.

• Like 2

Tried that too with a scooner 😕

The solution to move them away from borders wont really work though, as you place the, in my opinion, massive presence of SOTD in the middle, making it more or less impossible to sail anything but a sloop / raft to any island, as the waters in the middle will be flooded with those things 😕

I dont mind the SOTD at all, but their numbers are a tad too high really. Combined with 3-4 tornadoes out of the blue, chomping bits off of your ship aswell, makes for some really demanding sailing o.O

• Like 1

I think ghost ships should not aggro ships that have no cannons or crew on them.

• Like 1

Just got hit by a Ship of the Damned immediately after zoning, while on a raft. I was basically dead before I even finished zoning, and too overweight with metal to do anything about it. Sure, it's just a raft, no problem.. except I can't even build a shipyard on my island, so now I have to re-spawn in a Freeport and get a new one. Probably just going to take a break from the game instead.

I am convinced the patch that dropped before the auto cannon patch broke them.  The patch that I got that morning  at first there was 2  that spawned, then 5 eventually 15 all the others except for the 2 initial ones (21 SOTD I could count altogether) insta spawned surrounding me and sank me.  21 SOTD is that normal?  According to one of the previous patches patch notes (7.3 I think not sure) it says they wasn't supposed to spawn so close to players. I haven't played since that day and that sucks because all I want to do is play this game. As a solo player though I'm not interested in collecting all the resources and building a ship every RL day and a half. I haven't built any cannons as I don't see a need for it as a PvE player. I don't understand why they are allowed to attack ships that don't have firepower and are not a threat to them.

19 minutes ago, Dangergirl Forever said:

I am convinced the patch that dropped before the auto cannon patch broke them.  The patch that I got that morning  at first there was 2  that spawned, then 5 eventually 15 all the others except for the 2 initial ones (21 SOTD I could count altogether) insta spawned surrounding me and sank me.  21 SOTD is that normal?  According to one of the previous patches patch notes (7.3 I think not sure) it says they wasn't supposed to spawn so close to players. I haven't played since that day and that sucks because all I want to do is play this game. As a solo player though I'm not interested in collecting all the resources and building a ship every RL day and a half. I haven't built any cannons as I don't see a need for it as a PvE player. I don't understand why they are allowed to attack ships that don't have firepower and are not a threat to them.

Yes, that's normal, never seen as many as 21 in 1 place but seen 10-15 that create a full grid blockade and enjoy going half hour arround them hoping on the other grid is not the same. That's just a ocean maze, however the worst are the border SoDs, ppl can just teleport right next to them or even inside them, they also can go between grids, not intentionaly unless chasing someone, but it allows them to also teleport on top of someone with a low chance or inside someone. Both of those, walls and border camping are bad, just can't sail off the shore to not see 3+of them already.

9 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yes, that's normal, never seen as many as 21 in 1 place but seen 10-15 that create a full grid blockade and enjoy going half hour arround them hoping on the other grid is not the same. That's just a ocean maze, however the worst are the border SoDs, ppl can just teleport right next to them or even inside them, they also can go between grids, not intentionaly unless chasing someone, but it allows them to also teleport on top of someone with a low chance or inside someone. Both of those, walls and border camping are bad, just can't sail off the shore to not see 3+of them already.

Thank you for responding. I have been looking for answers for days because this is stopping me from playing the game. I was sailing everywhere never saw/experienced this before.  I was pretty close to the border trying to leave Freeport they lit me TF  up and then the manta rays ate me to add insult to injury .  This along with the Alphas seems too OP and I'll just continue to sit out until it gets sorted out. I really hope it does because I want to play right now but it seems like it would just be an exercise in frustration 😞

sigh yeah they need to add a no damage taken on zoning, at times its the hazard of going between zone that can be the challenge , hopefully they will check it and find a way to make it safer , also they need to space the SOTD out more im finding clusters of them almost sitting top of eachother making it really difficult to separate them when i want to take on one 

3 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

sigh yeah they need to add a no damage taken on zoning, at times its the hazard of going between zone that can be the challenge , hopefully they will check it and find a way to make it safer , also they need to space the SOTD out more im finding clusters of them almost sitting top of eachother making it really difficult to separate them when i want to take on one 

Invuln won't help if someone crashes while crosing or thou art not fast enough to react/escape before invuln ends, why not just solve the problem and restrict them from grid borders like they are from shores. As for siting on top of eachother, we have in our grid a literal meaning of this,w e have a green SoD stuck inside red SoD, the red one have lvl 27, green one didn't notice, think 7. That is a real boss to defeat, it roams arround for few days already.

Got shot today like 3 times,alt ought im not dead nor my ship,its just not fun sailing around these death traps all day long,they were going also reverse,building walls,like looking to get in each lil hole you got,its incredibly annoying.

• Like 1

sigh yeah, and the odd thing they are not effected by lag, was in a zone earlier and they manouverd just fine i was lagging and trying to dodge them , so some sort of timer/activation when zoning will make the zoning nerves go bit away