Sign in to follow this  
Jerrimiah

Aim Bots

It has become VERY apparent that there is use of aim bots in the game now. Wondering what measures grapeshot is going to take to resolve this?

• Like 1

If their track record from Ark is any indication, not much. Put Battleeye in and call it a day mostly.  Perhaps Atlas will be better in this respect, but early indications do not show a mountain of evidence that they have otherwise learned from mistakes with Ark, so I would not hold my breathe.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jerrimiah said:

Yeah well they need to do something or it will kill the game

Not to completely disagree, because it is bad, but not only was the same claim made about Ark, but is being made about a host of other issues in this game as well, and yet here the game stands. To paraphrase Mark Twain:

The reports of the game’s death have been greatly exaggerated.

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not to completely disagree, because it is bad, but not only was the same claim made about Ark, but is being made about a host of other issues in this game as well, and yet here the game stands. To paraphrase Mark Twain:

The reports of the game’s death have been greatly exaggerated.

Completely agree. In fact arks numbers are always consistently higher than atlas.

i was pretty surprised actually. I figured most of arks players would rush at the chance to play the new wildcard game.

i guess they realized it would be the same thing so they just stayed with ark. With the current and consistent lowering of numbers my guess is that some are going back to ark.

atlas saw the inevitable drop because kids going back to school and work, but I have still been seeing a trickle affect of about 50 or so less a day

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Completely agree. In fact arks numbers are always consistently higher than atlas.

i was pretty surprised actually. I figured most of arks players would rush at the chance to play the new wildcard game.

i guess they realized it would be the same thing so they just stayed with ark. With the current and consistent lowering of numbers my guess is that some are going back to ark.

atlas saw the inevitable drop because kids going back to school and work, but I have still been seeing a trickle affect of about 50 or so less a day

I think the negative reaction and coverage in the gaming media has been a good thing for the industry as a whole.  Let other game developers see what happened with Atlas and think twice before simply thinking they can throw anything into EA without potential negative consequences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I think the negative reaction and coverage in the gaming media has been a good thing for the industry as a whole.  Let other game developers see what happened with Atlas and think twice before simply thinking they can throw anything into EA without potential negative consequences. 

It would be great if you were right but do any of them learn from mistakes?

As your first post here, with WC track record don't count on the cheats getting fixed or punished and this game seems to have most if not all of Arks problems no matter how many flowery statements they made about "we learned a lot from xxx"  current performance would indicate nothing has been learned.

Very true. Even though I hate wildcard that doesn’t mean I excuse the other companies doing this crap either. Pretty disgusted with the industry as a whole right now.

and to be honest the players are just as much at fault. They let the companies get away with everything with the whole ea blanket excuse crap.

just started playing resident evil 5 with my buddy since he hasn’t played any resident evils before(yeah I can’t believe it either) and man he loves it.

now if there is a company that launches near flawless games it’s capcom with resident evil games. Never had one problem with them 

I'm not sure I can agree with this fully, EA = Early Access alpha - beta state so them releasing something that isn't fully playable or has glitches/bugs/lack of content shouldn't necessarily get them the same negative press that a full release launching in this same state would.

Hey I said i would pay a monthly fee if they had official servers with 24/7 support and moderators the way WoW did. If they didnt have that WoW would have never had millions of players = millions of subs. How ever no one wants to listen to the real players on listen to the fan boys that will kill this game. 

also watch out for lvl 1 wolf!

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Hey I said i would pay a monthly fee if they had official servers with 24/7 support and moderators the way WoW did. If they didnt have that WoW would have never had millions of players = millions of subs. How ever no one wants to listen to the real players on listen to the fan boys that will kill this game. 

also watch out for lvl 1 wolf!

I have said it time and time again. The last people the devs should listen to is the fan boys. Broken update? Fan boys say “he you are doing awesome, keep up the good work” really? You literally just told them to keep breaking the updates.

how do they not see that? If you do a bad job but you are told you are doing a good job then you will continue to do a bad job. Jesus Christ, I don’t know what is wrong with these people. I mean I do actually, it’s denial at its fullest potential, but man blows my mind.

this was not directed at you btw 👍

So back on topic, in regards to the aim bots what can we do. Fraps it and send it in, or will nothing get done that way either?  Or does everyone just jump on the bandwagon and get aim bots themselves too.

1 hour ago, Jerrimiah said:

So back on topic, in regards to the aim bots what can we do. Fraps it and send it in, or will nothing get done that way either?  Or does everyone just jump on the bandwagon and get aim bots themselves too.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the honest answer to your question  is there is nothing you can do about it, they are well aware of the problem, they are well aware of all of the exploits taking place in the game because they are almost all the same ones that have taken place in Ark for 4 years, they tossed in Battleye after awhile over there but within a day or 2 the sites that sell these hacks had new ones that weren't detected. There were large and small groups alike who openly blatantly used hacks without fear because WC either doesn't have the interest or ability to deal with them.

Maybe just maybe if some of these exploits are used on some of the streamers that the Devs seem to be so responsive to then maybe they will do something but I wouldn't hold my breath.

8 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

Maybe just maybe if some of these exploits are used on some of the streamers that the Devs seem to be so responsive to then maybe they will do something but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You got a point there... 😉

So I don't like defending these dev's because there not worth defending...

But as I last checked the Aimbot script is up to like version 1.8 or something!  So bye the fact its been updated what 8 times now, I would assume its because the dev's are trying to combat it...

What people don't realize is that for every version of aimbot that comes out the developers typically have to pretend to be joe and buy the aimbot then reverse engineer it to discover how its defeating them and then make changes to the game to defeat it yet again.  And while its likely not that expensive to buy the lattest version every few days for the 20 or 30 dollars whatever nefarious cheating sight is selling it at....  

It does require that whole programmer investigating it and implementing a fix, thus taking them away from whatever they were doing...  So I would expect there is a bit of a tug of war going on as too how frequently they do this as how often do you want to retask your guy and how often do you want to buy the lattest cheat etc etc...

However the best fix is to simply Ban those that cheat in the first place but rust / eve players happen to be of that mentality so maybe you would ban yourself out of profit....

Oh, the streamers are keeping an eye out for potential or blatant cheaters always, they make sure to document as they go as well, they have a chunk of witnesses, watching at all times.

What the Dev's have to do beyond banning for it? I don't know but, like Sulfurblade said up above me, the devs are taking a look as things pop up,  rather it turns out to be something that is an easy fix or an ongoing outside program upgraded cheat they have to stay ontop of.. I hope they are taking names as well, many many names who should not be allowed back into the game for cheating big time.