Sign in to follow this  
JC67

Ship of the damned (Ghost ships)

Will there be server where there are no Ship of the damned please ? They ruin the game for me. There is really no land to have and i'am fine with that. I love to live on my boat and sail the seas.

Dive into the ocean to gather fish and visit islands to gather mats and food and to look at all things people build. The thing is i cant avoid the Ghost ships. They spawn on top of you when you change zone sometimes and storms ( that can not be avoided) throw you right up next to them. Its just no fun at all.

Thank you.

• Like 4

What they need is atolls. A sort of round island with almost none or no dry land, but shallow to block off the ghost ships. Inside this roundish island is a lagoon that is the right depth for sailing and anchoring. Have one or more entrances. The ship bound folks could go there and log off. It could be a home port.

Although, would be kind of ruined if people could claim the area and build houses on pillars, so it should not be claimable.

Frankly, I think they should just remove all forms of base building. Rework the islands into NPC towns. Give us ports that we can pay NPC's to store our ships overnight. It is a pirate game afterall right? Force people to actually go out and sail around to have ship battles. 

Right now its just a Conan Exiles/Ark with boats.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Frankly, I think they should just remove all forms of base building. Rework the islands into NPC towns. Give us ports that we can pay NPC's to store our ships overnight. It is a pirate game afterall right? Force people to actually go out and sail around to have ship battles. 

Why does it have to be one or the other? I love the complexity of base building and ship building combined with land combat/raiding and naval combat/piracy.

Who cares if some people choose not to battle on the seas... adapt.  I personally prefer a multilayered game instead of a simple pigeon holed game that makes you just do one thing.

Just now, Dorf said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? I love the complexity of base building and ship building combined with land combat/raiding and naval combat/piracy.

Who cares if some people choose not to battle on the seas... adapt.  I personally prefer a multilayered game instead of a simple pigeon holed game that makes you just do one thing.

Because there will never be enough land to go around when you have multiple zergs running around.

The only possible way to make base building work is if you split the world into 4 factions and make people join factions. Those factions would fight together to claim more land.

What's worse I found out was that Damned ships doesn't even drop much gold. So outside of grinding better BP's they aren't worth the NPC crew to kill them, Since you grind map's to pay for crew, that isn't worth the gold to kill the ships after you've got the BP's you want. (PVE)

One thing I don't like about the Damned, is they can be right at the border wall of a grid you sail into.

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

Because there will never be enough land to go around when you have multiple zergs running around.

The only possible way to make base building work is if you split the world into 4 factions and make people join factions. Those factions would fight together to claim more land.

I disagree.   First, these games usually level out over time so the giant zerging guilds dwindle down.  Second, this type of game is best played on unofficial servers so they are better managed and controlled.  Third, I believe they will fix the unbalanced huge companies on official servers... if not then unofficial it is.

Edited by Dorf

Shouldn't be forced to play unofficial servers just cause theres not enough land to go around....

I've never seen a base-building survival game level out over time. Ark and Conan both have basically died out due to these exact reasons.

An alternative could be that Ghost ships don,t aggro ships that have no cannons or crew on them. You are no threat to them and there is no slaves for them to take.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

"Frankly I want this game to me a different game, so they should just make a new game."

Sea of Thieves is calling you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paradigm said:

"Frankly I want this game to me a different game, so they should just make a new game."

Sea of Thieves is calling you.

"Think" and "Want" are two different things. Go ahead and leave, troll.

• Haha 1

Game was so much more enjoyable before they introduced ships of the damned. Sailing was relaxing, now its just stress if u're alone on the ship or there's no wind. I dont think ive ever seen anyone who likes ships of the damned yet they're everywhere

• Like 1

I actually find it fun avoiding sotd, especially when loaded up with loot. I do play pve so Im not worrying about players trying to kill me too, which probably makes a differance. The seas would get boring fast if you could pretty much auto pilot from grid to grid. My brother actually really enjoys sitting in the crows nest scouting ahead for sotd and floatsomes.

When we get to a border wall we just send someone in a dingy or swiming through first as a scout to makes sure sotd arent camping the other side. Kind of like having a scout go ahead in an interceptor in Eve making sure there aren't any gate camps.

can you guys not out run them? I mean I use nothing but speed sails but set your sails into the wind and just go? I have had no problem out running them. Then you anchor somewhere and the ships totter off if they are even caught up with you.

The problem is what i described in my first post, zoning and storms.

11 hours ago, wildbill said:

What they need is atolls. A sort of round island with almost none or no dry land, but shallow to block off the ghost ships. Inside this roundish island is a lagoon that is the right depth for sailing and anchoring. Have one or more entrances. The ship bound folks could go there and log off. It could be a home port.

Although, would be kind of ruined if people could claim the area and build houses on pillars, so it should not be claimable.

Well in that case it isn’t going to happen 

48 minutes ago, merlinpaladin said:

can you guys not out run them? I mean I use nothing but speed sails but set your sails into the wind and just go? I have had no problem out running them. Then you anchor somewhere and the ships totter off if they are even caught up with you.

The only problem if you zone out and then zone in right into one of them.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, Brick said:

"Think" and "Want" are two different things. Go ahead and leave, troll.

You're calling me a troll after you say they should change the game completely because you don't like it?

Hilarious. Like I said, that's Sea of Thieves. Scamper off, now.

11 hours ago, Paradigm said:

You're calling me a troll after you say they should change the game completely because you don't like it?

Hilarious. Like I said, that's Sea of Thieves. Scamper off, now.

Troll.

• Haha 1