Willard

Crocs sinking ship

Full loaded lvl 35 Brig down over night because crocodilles aggro on NPCs which are on ships. Guys really, this has to go away ... Fix it. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 3

Confirmed, (PvE Offi. Server)

i see stuff like this every day. Right now they eat  the new House of my Neighbor...including my Neighbor himself.

To many of them, around 6 around that boat, 4 eating the house + 1 Lion and uncounted Snakes.

Keep in mind that there was no other player involved, exept the NPC's on the ship and a sleeping person.

I died like 5 times trying to make the screenshots.

This is madness....

20190106091820_1.jpg

20190106092150_1.jpg

20190106090601_1.jpg

Edited by Najamal

Ye and i'm confident the spawn code is garbage and/or trigger some bugs, because i have a house next to the sea in lawless, have a shipyard in front of it, a raft and a sloop. The sloop really need shallow water so is next to the beach right, but still should be out of land range for an aggressive predator. So when i started using npc ai you could see the aggressive mobs chasing birds then agro the boat right, fine it's logical. But now i have a schooner, he is anchored way way up beyond the shipyard, there is no fucking way the lion or whatever chase birds up to there and agro the crew, so the only explanation is that the boat probably trigger a spawn point or something , i was there all this time, nobody lured the damn thing. Also now i put a few level on my ai, 10 in health and 5 in melee and they seam to be able to take down the wolf. But it was only one wolf in a zone with almost no aggressive spawn, and no corcs no snakes, in fact i have to kill all the aggressive guys until a bear spawn as they seam to be on the same list. Problem is poeple killing bear or taming them.

Also to the dev, you cna't really put your crew to defend your boat because if they are pulled away from the boat they will float like cretins instead of going back to whatever they were set to do.

Edited by ExplodingYeti

This isnt just pve.  Happens all the time on the PVP server also.  Gota take the NPC crew off the boat or crocks will aggro them and sink your boat.  Its not bad at lower lvls but if you fully crew a galleon or Brig my god man you have a whole city of people you have to pull off your boat every night.  Crocks need to have there agro toned down or we need a crew barracks building like the tax bank for them.  To keep them and our ships safe.  Not to mention we need on land ways to pay/feed crew.

4 hours ago, Choppstick said:

This isnt just pve.  Happens all the time on the PVP server also.  Gota take the NPC crew off the boat or crocks will aggro them and sink your boat.  Its not bad at lower lvls but if you fully crew a galleon or Brig my god man you have a whole city of people you have to pull off your boat every night.  Crocks need to have there agro toned down or we need a crew barracks building like the tax bank for them.  To keep them and our ships safe.  Not to mention we need on land ways to pay/feed crew.

Ye, Im from PvP and its actually much worse there. Losing ship in PvE slows you down, losing it in PvP means less defences. 

11 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Omg, the last screenshot is radiculous, they pilled up so many that they are almost as high as to get on the boat.

Yea it's crazy isn't it.

But hey, they will reduce the swim speed of crocs in the next patch  😞

Same happened to us on NA PVP.    Worth noting that  Crocs are apparently able to bite you through wood, on the top level of a brigadine when you try to get on board to get the NPCs off.    I stood at the highest point and they were still able to reach me.

What if the NPC crew are below deck with the gunports closed? Will the aggressive animals still aggro?

npc ai seem to bring out the worst in the crocs-snakes, so far only way to really protect them is them locked up on land when you not around between 3-5 walls , and even then you will have the crocs-snakes go ham on them 😞

It's not just with NPC crew.  I just have a raft, no crew, and the snakes and lions just chomp on the darn thing all day, with nothing leading them out there.

the game in his current state is simply broken,  you get sniped from miles from a pistol. Wouldnt be surprise if pop go down fast.  Played 70hrs in the first week, now i didnt launch the game a single time in the past 2 days because wolf and crocs are simply broken. 2 pistols shots arent killing a wolf lvl 4 even if am build in guns + reload is fucked and much more.....

I sailed to a new island, out of nowhere a croc shows up and eats me through the deck of my ship. I respawn, there are 3 crocs around my ship. I die while my screen is still white from respawning... Fun!