Jump to content

Kita Kayo

Ships are Simultaneously too Hard and too Easy to Build!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So as it stands now the ships are just a grind, and anyone willing to smack a tree or a rock for long enough can build a Galleon. That to me is just crazy. The game is to go on adventures, pirate, survive and explore, not to grind the same resource until you want to kill yourself. Now after saying that I'm not going to just bitch and complain about how it's too hard or too easy. Like I said in the title it's both.

So right now it takes the same simple materials to build all the ships, and they are base materials that you can find almost anywhere. Its harder to build a spyglass than a galleon because you need crystal. Crystal is a bit, not a lot, but a bit harder to find than base resources. This needs to be scaled up for the ships.

So here is my idea, we need specific resources that are from common to epic grade that is required to build the frames of the ships. The implementation of this can add so much more adventuring and questing not to mention raiding if the material is guarded by bosses according to the rarity. And if adventuring and exploring isn't your thing then STEAL THAT SHIT! You could find maps to find the dynamic spawn location of the resource. The possibilities of new exciting content and direction in the game is endless. Plus RAIDS!!!!

A sloop should be easy to make and galleon should be crazy hard. But nothing should take hitting a tree for 16 god damn hours. But ill spend 200 hours to build the biggest ships if its fun, challenging and dynamic.

Edited by Kita Kayo
To clarify by raids i mean mmo style boss battles. The other type of raiding is piracy.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is it takes all but no effort to destroy a galleon.  until they make them almost as epic as it would be to build one, the risk vs reward is crazy bad.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

the problem is it takes all but no effort to destroy a galleon.  until they make them almost as epic as it would be to build one, the risk vs reward is crazy bad.

Yes! I agree! and you could have different frames according to the materials you need, basic up to an epic version of the ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They already have this, they are called blueprints and the higher tiered ones are crazy hard to make, requiring you to sail to numerous grids to get the materials you need.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiddle said:

They already have this, they are called blueprints and the higher tiered ones are crazy hard to make, requiring you to sail to numerous grids to get the materials you need.

That is a solution, but not a good one. it requires that you are lucky enough to stumble upon a blueprint. I don't see other people trying to come up with solutions to problems just complaints and excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lucky enough? It's actually stupid easy to farm blueprints, my team has large boxes full of them ranging from masterwork large shipyards to common docks for rafts. Just take a small ship out to the ocean and farm the glowing boxes for an hour or two(they have about 3-6 blueprints each with some gold coins) or you could get some treasure maps and dig those up, the damned will give u some good xp while your at it too. Or you could sink a ship of damned and get some really nice blueprints off the big box it drops, aswell as some crew.

Edited by Fiddle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiddle said:

Lucky enough? It's actually stupid easy to farm blueprints, my team has large boxes full of them ranging from masterwork large shipyards to common docks for rafts. Just take a small ship out to the ocean and farm the boxes for an hour or two, or you could get some treasure maps and dig those up, the damned will give u some good xp while your at it too.

Yea that's not good either. they should be rare. Balance! Without it, the game will remain broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lmao I hope no one else bats an eye at this stupid thread now. I didn't say that the boxes were full of masterwork blueprints, those are rare, aswell as the journeyman ones too, it also doesn't matter if they are common just because of how hard and tedious they are to make; whoever makes all those journeys to make a masterwork blueprint has way too much time on their hands, or is just lucky and lives near some goodnialands with a large variety of resources. For a masterwork you neednlike 5 different types of materials e.x 5 types of stone, wood, thatch, fiber, metal. Most of them are too annoying to even make

Edited by Fiddle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiddle said:

Lmao I hope no one else bats an eye at this stupid thread now.

lol wow someone must have shit in your cheerios. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no u just think everything is negative, first ships are too easy to make, but there's blueprints for better one. There itnsolves ur problem, but then you infer that blueprints are too hard to get, then I say that they are actually pretty easy to get, but then you say that that's a bad thing, but it's not since it's not easy to get GOOD blueprints. Just accept that you're wrong and I'm right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

um ok. You should read my post again, I think there is a misunderstanding. it's about a lot more than just ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blueprints are for that, maybe tou até Just in the start of the game, but Sion you will need to farm rare resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blueprints are just an extra grind for up to like 30% stats boost...wooo.... The ships sink in 1-2 salvos, those "scary galleons" are just a oversized rafts, the building of ships is not much fun when we just get glass cannons that pack a punch but get wrecked in seconds. Planks should have like 5x more health and there should be different types for either lighter build to move faster or heavier and tankier, covered in some iron plates to add up damage resistance and some health.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next week's pay h will come with changes to required resource for ships in some cases 50% reduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, Kita Kayo said:

um ok. You should read my post again, I think there is a misunderstanding. it's about a lot more than just ships.

You talk about ships the entire post, wtf are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 7:38 PM, Fiddle said:

Lucky enough? It's actually stupid easy to farm blueprints, my team has large boxes full of them ranging from masterwork large shipyards to common docks for rafts. Just take a small ship out to the ocean and farm the glowing boxes for an hour or two(they have about 3-6 blueprints each with some gold coins) or you could get some treasure maps and dig those up, the damned will give u some good xp while your at it too. Or you could sink a ship of damned and get some really nice blueprints off the big box it drops, aswell as some crew.

They have blueprints for ship parts? Because I have several boxes of them and the only thing I have that goes into ship construction is some improved wooden walls, floors and ceilings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 2:35 PM, Kita Kayo said:

That is a solution, but not a good one. it requires that you are lucky enough to stumble upon a blueprint. I don't see other people trying to come up with solutions to problems just complaints and excuses.

Blueprints are all over the place. Floatsams, treasure maps and ships of the damned. 

Ship building is fine atm its way too easy to lose one than it is to build one.

25 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

They have blueprints for ship parts? Because I have several boxes of them and the only thing I have that goes into ship construction is some improved wooden walls, floors and ceilings.

Ya keep looting floatsams. Most ones i find come off of SotD. 

 

Protip: you can use spyglass to see quality of floatsam also a grapple hook to pull em in.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hope is that, as development progresses, ship building becomes an actual specialization.  Requiring specific materials that only ship builders are trained to create.  Require iron ore to be forged into iron ingots to create nails, that sort of thing (i know, not the best example, but you get the idea).  Allow rafts and sloops to be buildable by almost anyone (a few points invested into ship building), but anything larger would require actual investment into the skill tree.  And if you want a Galleon?  You're gonna dedicate yourself to ship building.

When I read the title, my first thought was pretty much exactly what you wrote in the opening post, OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 12:47 AM, Kita Kayo said:

So as it stands now the ships are just a grind, and anyone willing to smack a tree or a rock for long enough can build a Galleon. That to me is just crazy. The game is to go on adventures, pirate, survive and explore, not to grind the same resource until you want to kill yourself. Now after saying that I'm not going to just bitch and complain about how it's too hard or too easy. Like I said in the title it's both.

So right now it takes the same simple materials to build all the ships, and they are base materials that you can find almost anywhere. Its harder to build a spyglass than a galleon because you need crystal. Crystal is a bit, not a lot, but a bit harder to find than base resources. This needs to be scaled up for the ships.

So here is my idea, we need specific resources that are from common to epic grade that is required to build the frames of the ships. The implementation of this can add so much more adventuring and questing not to mention raiding if the material is guarded by bosses according to the rarity. And if adventuring and exploring isn't your thing then STEAL THAT SHIT! You could find maps to find the dynamic spawn location of the resource. The possibilities of new exciting content and direction in the game is endless. Plus RAIDS!!!!

A sloop should be easy to make and galleon should be crazy hard. But nothing should take hitting a tree for 16 god damn hours. But ill spend 200 hours to build the biggest ships if its fun, challenging and dynamic.

So, they have implemented blueprints mechanics to make existing ship building hard.

Gathering all 6 types of fibers and wood for mythical gally parts is no joke. You'll have to sail for it and silk, bamboo, darkwood is freakin rare to get so theres that hard part, don't know about iridium how rare it is.

And if they make ship building more complex like adding other materials then devs will recieve a backlash just as they received it when they added metal and organic paste requirements in stone structure. As clear it is you can't satisfy everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how the devs did ship building with Worlds Adrift, different types of metal and wood give different stats and textures to ships you are building. This would give the ships of Atlas some much needed variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im thinking the OP here has never actually farmed out a galleon by himself or even crafted a blueprint item for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, Fiddle said:

They already have this, they are called blueprints and the higher tiered ones are crazy hard to make, requiring you to sail to numerous grids to get the materials you need.

Not to mention how much you have to grind to get the right bp, or the fact that you also have to level those ships, get a good crew and pay them and feed them. Imo if you have something balanced in this game right now is ships.

Edited by znasser
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Not Happy said:

They have blueprints for ship parts? Because I have several boxes of them and the only thing I have that goes into ship construction is some improved wooden walls, floors and ceilings.

sotd drop ship blueprints planks cannons anything that goes on a ship

 

, treasure chests drop armours and weapons ,stuff that doesn’t go on ships 

 

or or at least that’s been my experience so far 

Edited by uli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NPC's need to have options to gather wood, thatch etc whether this is possible remains to be seen as the AI is already stupid when it follows you, they sometimes get stuck. They could let the NPC build your ships for you.

It's EA though we get it but i've had my fun with it for now, that fun for me has diminished so i've decided to give it a break but hopefully months or a year down the line I hope to see drastic improvements before I come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×