darcek

So the expected happened welcome to the "Crying game"

So basically PVE in this game is PVP really when it goes to claims.

I made it first to my island.Had around 14 claims or so.

I have now around 3.

Another one stolen today by some Russians Phoenix company, Had a taming pen on it etc they simply took it and demolished it all..

Some wise guys on global told me I should replace my claims or its my fault lol.so I have to replace claims each 3 days or each day etc..what about having life? work? except the game? so i was busy for a day so i lose all i built 100 hours?

And I actually did replace some flags at start..guess what? because of overlapping or whatever it didnt let me put back down a flag after demolishing the old ones..

I expect I will lose my last claims as well.

What a wonderful game.Why invest in something your just gone lose? this is PVE pvp style game.shame I didnt know this from the start.

In ARK I had to fight for space,but made it and had  glorious base no one could touch,except some griefers that pulled a Titanosaur on my base..

Here? I log on each time expecting to see death message and base and ship wiped or stolen by others.wait isnt that whats supposed to be in PVP game? arent im playing a PVE game? 

Apparently on name alone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, darcek said:

I have now around 3.

Another one stolen today by some Russians Phoenix company, Had a taming pen on it etc they simply took it and demolished it all..

Some wise guys on global told me I should replace my claims or its my fault lol.so I have to replace claims each 3 days or each day etc..what about having life? work? except the game? so i was busy for a day so i lose all i built 100 hours?

And I actually did replace some flags at start..guess what? because of overlapping or whatever it didnt let me put back down a flag after demolishing the old ones..

What a wonderful game.Why invest in something your just gone lose? this is PVE pvp style game.shame I didnt know this from the start.

In ARK I had to fight for space,but made it and had  glorious base no one could touch,except some griefers that pulled a Titanosaur on my base..

Here? I log on each time expecting to see death message and base and ship wiped or stolen by others.wait isnt that whats supposed to be in PVP game? arent im playing a PVE game? 

Sorry to hear that man. Yeah pve seems to be having a ton of issues. Like a literal ton. Sorry to hear you wasted 100 hours. Maybe this will be a good lesson learned though 

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Sorry to hear that man. Yeah pve seems to be having a ton of issues. Like a literal ton. Sorry to hear you wasted 100 hours. Maybe this will be a good lesson learned though 

how is that a lesson learned? I cant guess that a game say its PVE to find out its really pvp.

Only lesson here is that i some online games will cause you harm,and its always good to avoid game in Early Release,thou I had no problems with games like 7D2D which was also like this but gave what expected,no knife under belly surprises.

1 minute ago, darcek said:

how is that a lesson learned? I cant guess that a game say its PVE to find out its really pvp.

Only lesson here is that i some online games will cause you harm,and its always good to avoid game in Early Release,thou I had no problems with games like 7D2D which was also like this but gave what expected,no knife under belly surprises.

A wildcard lesson learned. Sorry I should have been more detailed.

i don’t think you need to be psychic or anything, but now you did learn the wildcard lesson

1 hour ago, darcek said:

I have now around 3.

I can fully confirm that. Stone walls are just a few hits from grenade, mortar or cannon.

As you say, in ARK you could at least survive some time, here you are down 10 minutes after they spot you.

12 minutes ago, Bluediemond said:

You had 14 claims....YOU are a huge part of the problem.

And you sir,are just a loser. I would gladly shared my claims,with others if it came to people need a place,are nice and really need help.but not one of the griefers who stole my lands asked for it.they just stole it,some even used exploits,others I couldn't do nothing cause had more people then me.was like ganging up 1 against 2 or 3 you stand no chance with current system.

Anyone who got Claims is a hero in my eyes.Especially if your a Solo player.

I remember going out from my free port,while people crying in global they cant do anything,even tried to guide them,but some people just cant handle survival game or an Early release bugs.

Its the people who persevered against the starting bugs,and made it first to the islands ,and kudos to all of them.(except maybe large company's they have resources and manpower solo players dont have so much easy mode for them)

People entitled like you just think you should get anything on plate without effort,cause you payed 25$.

Well grapeshot made it so,and it made it so that criminals can come and steal your hard earned claims and work,you disgust me sir!

Edited by darcek

If I were that type, I'd gladly come steal your land and give it to the first person who asked. You're pathetic for claiming huge swaths of land, then coming here to complain about your lost greed. Not sure who appointed you as the land holder, to decide who gets and who doesn't, but if it had nothing to do with greed, why not take what you need and allow others to take what they need as well?

Maybe you have some control issues since you obviously feel it's your responsibility to delegate land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Griefing needs to be fixed, but being able to take land from people in PvE is fine (once it's working correctly). Land is a finite resource, so even in PvE you're not entitled to take all you want and keep it, since that denies another player. The PvE is that you (shouldn't) be able to kill or destroy other player's shit. And finally, when you buy an EA game you're signing up to be the bug tester. It comes with tons of warnings.

• Like 1

The claim system (while still flawed) was fundamentally designed to counter act what you are trying to do. A solo player should not be able to hold 14 claims ever. I'm honestly surprised you still have 3. It's not griefing, it's a mechanic. From the description of the game in steam, "Stake your claim in this endless open world as you conquer territory". I understand that you are let down by the fact that you lost most of your claims but honestly, as a solo player you should really think about consolidating.

• Like 2

I'm glad you lost them, to be honest.  As mentioned above, greedy, selfish people like YOU caused so many new players problems.  If "share" your land meant joining your company, and it must have done because other people couldn't have built there because it was your claim, screw that.  I never thought I'd say this but, in this instance...  GO, CLAIM-JUMPERS, GO!!!!

Edited by Coggage

people still dont seem to understand the claim and their circle is the issue, anyone can come stake a claim and slowly encroach your place and one day say goodbye to your base, and nothing you can do about it

They need to make claims square and not overlapping  , there is a reason people place flags around their base , so they can not worry about one day their 1 claim-base is gone cause someone overlapped your entrances-and gone in destroyed everything , this is the huge issue

Well all you ltrolls who arent contributing to this thread and assaulting me the victim here,forget one thing.

You tards are in the same place as me.

The issue here isnt how many claims a person has.

The issue is no one can get to keep their claims.no one gets to keep their effort.whatever youll invest youll lose eventually.

So all of you,can take my claims.next others will take yours,and youll forget all of this and come cry too.

• Haha 1

Well, the current system produces loser only. After guys bombed me out of their land i built in lawless, just some shitty stone base, there are thousands of these not even noticed by the trolls. If you have a ship better than a raft there, THEN you have a problem.

Built mortar and grenades...went back to these guys. BOOOM. They have no land, i have no land. 

So Wildcard was successful with their concept.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

If I were a solo player, I would not expect to be able to claim land. Additionally, anyone that disagrees with your point of view isn't a troll. Throwing insults is childish. Why come to the forums if you don't want people to give their opinion?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darcek said:

Well all you ltrolls who arent contributing to this thread and assaulting me the victim here,forget one thing.

You tards are in the same place as me.

The issue is no one can get to keep their claims.no one gets to keep their effort.whatever youll invest youll lose eventually.

So all of you,can take my claims.next others will take yours,and youll forget all of this and come cry too.

Most are not having the issue you are. Most understand the system, how it works, and how to maintain their own land. You are attempting to defend 14 claims, and coming here to complain.

Reduce your claim to 1 flag, as the system was designed. Learn to defend that claim, by sleeping inside that claim. Simple enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, darcek said:

So funny.  😄  Mate, you are PRICELESS!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Darcek, its an early access game... We arent intended to really be playing for keeps... as testers we're supposed to be looking for bugs and flaws in the game without getting butt hurt when something happens.

You found some major flaws in PvE, report them and stop at that. Theres no need to trash the game because it IS  in EA....

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bluediemond said:

Reduce your claim to 1 flag, as the system was designed. Learn to defend that claim, by sleeping inside that claim. Simple enough?

yea,you know what your saying no?

gg dude read:

Just now, darcek said:

yea,you know what your saying no?

gg dude read:

Who would have thought the Chinese would teach someone a lesson in Karma and ethics in gaming!  Justice served by the CHINESE.  😮   I never thought I'd see the day when I cheered on the Chinese.  😄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brick said:

Theres no need to trash the game because it IS  in EA....

No one is trashing the game.I think ATLAS is an amazing game.I had tons of fun and adventures even in the state of things.

But Pve supposed to be PVE.

You keep your stuff in PVE,other players dont get to steal it,especially by griffing or stealing,correct me if im wrong.

Edited by darcek

You said Russians stole yours. I hope they get the rest of yours.

You quoted someone who probably had a hack used against them. Stop trying to justify youself.

• Like 2

What are you doing on an official server if you have a life?

I thought they were for the Chinese and the no lifers 🙂

Darcek is correct in his main point. Encroachment will eventually push you out of your territory. We have Russians, Chinese and one evil player that just keep taking land from everybody on our island . We have 9 people in our party and we have 3 flag claims. 1 main base, 2 harvest area, 3 ship building area. Because of the Chicoms Etc we cant leave our areas or they immediately start placing flags. And we now have only 4 trees and a rock we can harvest. Between the buoys and encroachment we don’t stand a chance.  And you trolls will also soon have to deal with this. 

• Like 2

Lets get some proportionality back into this discussion shall we? (I know I am asking a lot cause this is gaming)

Darcek is right about somethings and wrong about others (things he said and did). The Dev's are going to have to do something about the claim system, especially on PvE (which is the subject here). The amount of land being held is mad. Not sure anyone starting out now would even find much if anything to claim. Claiming while someone is sleeping in an area sounds a bit suspect, but I really don't know the mechanic that well to say for sure. If anyone does know please enlighten me. BUT if that is happening with hacking and it shouldn't then it needs clamping down on.

Now, the amount of land you was trying to hold Darcek..... 14 claims? There is a problem there and you must see it. I think a 'sensible' idea would be one  claim per person (not per clan btw) and maybe an increase if you spend points on it. That way larger clans would have to either stay in smaller areas on a number of servers and use people that hadn't made claims to grab other area's. So sure you got a 40 person crew then you can grab an island but you will need some people with spare claims to hold it. Then a system like the destruction of buildings in lawless. You don't log in to an area for 4 days then your claim can be taken in the usual fashion. I work all week and can still manage to log in twice to hold a claim up. 

These are all just ideas for PvE (keep that in mind - any PvP people saying this won't work on PvP will get written off as a moron) - However this is not really a solo game. Find a croup, big or small. You really want to run solo then rent or run a server. That way you can do what you like.

Also as has been pointed out, this is early access. If you were expecting ANYTHING to work as intended when playing then you are fooling yourself. Hopefully when the server system gets more stable I may put a private server but it seems damn pricey and not very stable as yet (yeah I have run Ark servers along with a couple of other games). A 2x2 (one master and 3 slave servers probably the smallest size worth doing) for 20 people is effectively a 80 slot server and around $80 a month. Now sure I work - I do OK (not great, just OK) and I paid for all the pervious servers myself, but I am really yet to see many people who played on them off much in the way of 'money' to help. More usually it was complaints about anything and everything........... The good old days.