3sixtyy

Devs u must stop this kind behavior

Yesterday i sail to free town to pick up my buddies which just start the game. We take alittle  break from the game when we logged back we see somebody sink our ship they owerload our ship. 

So now I stuck in free port because I can fast travel to my next ship. And i lost all best stuff with ship because I loced them in storage. 

What I need u to do devs to do is stoping that kind behavior is destroying the game. We must have some protection from this kind of players.

Edited by 3sixtyy

Although I agree the sinking ships technique should be looked at because it's a poor mechanic, what you should have done right from the start is tell your buddies when they first start the game to pick your home region freeport, you then kill yourself and spawn at the freeport, meet up with them, invite them to your company, then all of you kill yourselves and spawn back at your beds on your ship or base. Much easier and quicker.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Although I agree the sinking ships technique should be looked at because it's a poor mechanic, what you should have done right from the start is tell your buddies when they first start the game to pick your home region freeport, you then kill yourself and spawn at the freeport, meet up with them, invite them to your company, then all of you kill yourselves and spawn back at your beds on your ship or base. Much easier and quicker.

45 minutes ago, 3sixtyy said:

Yesterday i sail to free town to pick up my buddies which just start the game. We take alittle  break from the game when we logged back we see somebody sink our ship they owerload our ship. Company who sink our ship  is  shrooms mushi. 

So now I stuck in free port because I can fast travel to my next ship. And i lost all best stuff with ship because I loced them in storage. 

What I need u to do devs to do is stoping that kind behavior is destroying the game. We must have some protection from this kind of players.

15 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You sir are a master.  Fantastic pointer.

All point of this game is  to build and sail together with friend and players we met in the game. I don't see any enjoy in killing my self and respawnig over and over again. 

2 Things here are important in pvp and pve, the weight/crew limit should kick in only if the captain is at the wheel of a ship, so that people can't sink them like that anymore.

Second you need a way to kick players from your foundations/ship in pve, as it stand now you can have a greifer sit in your property, check all your containers, stand there until he is bored and what not, and you can't do shit about it.

Edited by ExplodingYeti

16 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Build a new raft from the guy at the pier.  Make a bed, fast travel.

Well he could just kill himself and respawn which is even quicker. However, if he has gear on him then neither methods would be useful as he would lose them when fast travelling.

6 minutes ago, ExplodingYeti said:

2 Things here are important in pvp and pve, the weight/crew limit should kick in only if the captain is at the wheel of a ship, so that people can't sink them like that anymore.

Second you need a way to kick players from your foundations/ship in pve, as it stand now you can have a greifer sit in your property, check all your containers, stand there until he is bored and what not, and you can't do shit about it.

Don't even need that. They just need to implement that only company members are allowed on a ship at all while in a freeport zone.  Consider it the guards preventing unauthorized people from boarding or whatever.  Decay however for sure needs to stay the same or even be sped up a little.  Freeports should never be a free place for people to hide from pvp with any sort of storage(loot) for any period of time.  

Ships should definitely still be sinkable with weight in normal pvp zones because it would get abused.

I must agree that the sinking with weight is a bit much as it's quite easy to farm the amount need to sink them. atm i can only suggest not having campfires or anything that can't be locked on the deck for people to put something in, obviously hard when sailing on a raft but yea..... If you manage to build a sloop there is a trick to build a smithy below deck by using a half wall and a floor. Down there you can put a smithy, preserving bag, bed etc if you wish.

I'm not sure if it counts and not in game to test, but if weight and crew members are counted when its player(s) from outside of the company or a player who built the vessel, this really shouldn't count. 

Weight griefing is one for the devs to look into sooner rather than later.

explodingyeti your idea would literally break the game, imagine a tribe of 50, they kick one kf their own and give him a boat, the other 49 jump on his boat and since it doesnt add to the overweight they can just sail off without any weigh restrictions. Put the boat near max and let them carry the rest.

I do agree it needs to be fixed but doing it that way is not a solution sadly