darcek

Guide - What to do after your base have been stolen

So as no answer from the devs given,and as one of the first to get a claim area, and slowly lose it to stealers,

What do you do after the day your base have been stolen?

Where do you go? how do you spawn if you die?

Just trying to wrap my head around this,if someone has been to this situation.

Is there a way to continue,or is this the end for you? 😔

You're not the only one. We had our bases stolen over night and I don't intend to become a no-lifer due to a flawed game mechanic. Mind  this was on the PvE server.

What did we do? Since it is so easy to lose everything you have build up, we could have decided to stay up one night and do the same, instead we decided to put Atlas on || (pause) until these game breaking mechanics are filtered out. Though I believe that will also turn into a definite break with the game, since this game is catered for large groups and with the mechanic out that broke our game, it will be near impossible to get something in the future. So yeah game over. Was fun 2 weeks for €20.

• Like 1

Title is misleading 😛  If on PvP take it back. if on PvE wait 3 days and hope you can take it back. To prevent this on PvE replace your flag(s) every 72hrs. If you die in the process either give up and move on or try again.

Your base can not be stolen of you sleep inside. That means, if not someone breaks the door ank kills you.

Maybe a problem for single players with several bases and ships as you only can sleep in one of them.

There's some kind of exploit going on.  I was active last night, logged in to my shack this morning and some of the walls and floors were someone else's.  This is technically impossible because they shouldn't have been able to build next to an "enemy" structure, let alone do this on an Active claim.  My flag was reporting my claim status as OK.

Edited by Coggage
  • Like 2

Claim it back. If you log out inside then they have to come into the base and kill you before they can claim it.

I was on a PvE server. Forgot to mention, sorry.

Edited by Coggage

11 hours ago, Coggage said:

There's some kind of exploit going on.  I was active last night, logged in to my shack this morning and some of the walls and floors were someone else's.  This is technically impossible because they shouldn't have been able to build next to an "enemy" structure, let alone do this on an Active claim.  My flag was reporting my claim status as OK.

Overlaping areas. If the base area overlap from someone that claimed the area next to you it can happen that parts of your stuff become theirs.

4 hours ago, Loni said:

Overlaping areas. If the base area overlap from someone that claimed the area next to you it can happen that parts of your stuff become theirs.

Yes, but being able to replace parts of my building in just a few hours when the claim should have been rejected because I HAD been Active? I'd been Active all night, just before he pulled this fast one somehow.   I tried  blocking him my Active claim which overlapped HIS shack and I was getting "Too close to enemy Structure". Three or four hours after that my beds were gone, too. 

I know this doesn't solve the underlying issue, but I wound up making my base in a lawless area, and so far as I can tell, the only drawback I can see is I can't do farming, since I don't technically own the land. Early reports are that farming isn't all that useful so far anyway, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on much. 

• Like 1

And the issue is the ones claiming offline can claim just a portion of your base , get acess to all your stuff , dont help one bit if you sleep in your base and someone clips your entrances-doors-changes the codes-and say goodbye to what you made

21 hours ago, darcek said:

So as no answer from the devs given,and as one of the first to get a claim area, and slowly lose it to stealers,

What do you do after the day your base have been stolen?

Where do you go? how do you spawn if you die?

Just trying to wrap my head around this,if someone has been to this situation.

Is there a way to continue,or is this the end for you? 😔

What to do?  Get away from Official.  Why put up with that toxic mess?  Unofficial servers are more fun.  You actually get to enjoy the game as much as it can be enjoyed at this stage of the dumpster fire.  If the Devs don't fix it, modders will, and those fixes will only be found on unofficial servers.